4.0 out of 5 stars Thick sole, but decent shoe
Published 9 months ago by M. Currie

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, but not very durable
Extremely comfortable and very light, but some seams are opening after about only 6 months of use.
Published 6 months ago by lpacheco

4.0 out of 5 stars Thick sole, but decent shoe, 4 Jun. 2014
M. Currie "malky132" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
The feel of this shoe is different to other Merrell Barefoot shoes I've owned in that the sole is considerably more robust and the ground feel isn't as good. Whether this is because it's not really a sports shoe, I don't know, but it has a very "urban" feel to it - which is OK, because that's the type of use I bought them for. However, if you're looking for a really minimal feel, like the Trail Glove, etc., you'll find this shoe disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable and durable casual shoe, 18 Jan. 2014
A very comfortable shoe for everyday use indeed. I've been wearing the Merrell Trail Gloves for casual wear as well as running for the last five years or so and they have lasted extremely well but are now getting a little frayed and tatty. Purchased these to replace them in day to day wear and I'm very pleased. The fit is similar with ample room for my toes and a generally snug but breathable fit.

They have been worn with and without socks and are very comfortable either way, got drenched last week cycling to work but no areas rubbed and were dry by the time I left for home. Unlike the trail glove these shoes have an elasticated heal which is perfect for slipping them on and off without relying the laces; I have yet to experience them slipping off at all and they don't move off when worn

6 month update: still in very good condition, been muddied, washed and worn in all Scottish terrain but still the soles show no sign of debonding, the material shows little more than the expected inside scuffing and they are as comfortable as ever.

Would definitely buy these again (although my last merrell shoes lasted 5 years so unlikely to be soon!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great trainers, 2 April 2013
My husband loves these trainers, he is a size 11 but they make his feet look smaller. He says they are very comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe!, 11 May 2014
I'm very happy with this buy. These shoes are better than I expected. They are good looking, very light and fit my feet perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really comfortable, my new favourite trainers., 15 Mar. 2014
David Hemming (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
For a thin soled shoe they really are extremely comfortable both for general wear and exercise. I'm now looking at Merrell for walking boots, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these shoes, 9 Feb. 2014
I am bit suspect since I am a big fan of Merrell's barefoot line. I own 3 pairs at the moment one for trail, another for road running and these one for casual wear / work wear. All I can say is that I absolutely love these shoes, they are comfy, practical, good looking, excellent quality and most importantly they have a very good ride (I like to walk with them). Strongly recommend them and hopefully Merrell will never stop to sell these.

4.0 out of 5 stars comfy, nimble, but smelly, 23 Dec. 2013
I use these for casual wear and sometimes light exercise. They quickly start to smell, more than other shoes I use, and need regular washing. Otherwise great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully Made, 9 Dec. 2014
Beautifully made. Amazingly light and comfortable. Can't see why they are described as black slate when they are obviously brown.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sooo comfy-but not black, 11 Dec. 2014
Really comfy, fit was great, but did think they would be Black as description said Black/Black Slate, but they are Brown.

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, but not very durable, 8 Aug. 2014