on 9 June 2013
I would thoroughly recommend Jeff Menapace's "Princess" to anyone that enjoys psychological thrillers with a twist.

It is very clear from the start of the book that there is something very wrong with John's daughter, Samantha, but it does not become clear just HOW wrong, until the fourth chapter mark.

I can't say anything else without spoiling it, but if you enjoy creepy short stories that make your skin crawl, then you will enjoy this. Be sure to check out more of Menapace's work, particularly the novel 'Bad Games' and the short stories 'The Straw Man and a Murder' and 'Jeremy's Loss'.

Fans of this book ( which I am sure you will be once you have finished it! ) would also do well to check out Mark Edwards "The Magpies" and "Kissing Games" which are written in the same vein.
on 4 January 2013
This book is amazing! You become so disgusted by the depraved characters, entranced by their actions & desperate to see how it all pans out. A must read! I brought all of his other books after reading this one :-)
on 3 December 2012
I absolutely loved this. Nothing about it was what I expected and it was full of shocks and surprises. I don't want to give anything away, but it's one of those books that makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end and I can't recommend it highly enough!

If you like a great story, that's going to make you feel really uncomfortable, then this is the book for you. Go on give it a go. You won't regret it!
on 20 August 2013
Most excellent book ,very moving full of suspense, thrilling all the way through .Think it would make a good movie
on 9 June 2013
This short story is a must-read for fans of horror. The levels of insanity and depravity are outstanding in this story of an insane mother to a young girl.
I don't want to go into the plot as I think you need to read it for yourself without me giving anything away. I will say it ended too quick!
I love Jeff's style and content of writing - he could have been sent to be my personal author!
If you love horror, thrillers and heart palpitations then this is the book for you!
Another fantastic read from Mr Menapace.

Amanda Sands
on 29 July 2013
A short story but packs a punch! I squirmed while reading this, I almost couldn't believe what I was reading. Very disturbing but I did love it ;-)
on 29 July 2013
Interesting story, well written, but I probably would not read it a second time, if you like Stephen King stories, you will like this.
on 31 December 2013
Indeed this was disturbing. And addictive.
I was expecting something graphic and obscene, but this short story took a different approach, creating a bizarre and convincing world in which the obsessions and delusions of `Princess' are deeply unsettling.
The author does a good job of creating suspense; I really didn't know where this would go, but the ending turned out to be satisfying.
There's also some black humour scattered throughout - the bit where the guy expresses relief that other people weren't at the prom; I don't want to give anything away, so I'm being intentionally vague.
The `different' lifestyle of the two main characters is well-established early on, as is their isolation. The victim is also well-portrayed and his incredulous attitude is believable.
A good read, it kept me gripped from start to finish. I just wanted it to be longer!
on 27 February 2013
This story is a disturbing one and is well written. I personally feel it could have probably been more graphic and gory. But the fact it doesn't go too far makes it a more realistic read.
on 23 July 2013
A very good book, I was hooked very quickly. Its disturbing, sad and thrilling. I would recommend this book and am interested in anything else by this author