5.0 out of 5 stars What a beautiful voice!
The first time I heard this, it almost brought me to tears. Her voice is something so rare nowadays- pure and unedited. I love the original of this song, but wow do I love this version too! Smooth, sultry tones and that high note at the end of the chorus- AMAZING!!
I hope she gets some serious recognition for this- she absolutely brilliant and she deserves it.
Published 21 months ago by bcuk13

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
I decided to listen to this after hearing Please Don't Say You Love Me and the Home EP by Gabrielle Aplin, both of which are brilliant. To be honest, this song left me cold. When writing and singing her own songs, she's truly in her element but here she's taken a very good song and stripped it of a lot of the power and emotion that made it so moving.

It's not...
Published 16 months ago by Greg Boyd

5.0 out of 5 stars What a beautiful voice!, 10 Nov 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars TRULY STUNNING, 10 Dec 2012
Carol 'avid little bookworm' (LEEDS, Yorkshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Power of Love (MP3 Download)
This is a beautiful song ~ I'm old enough to have loved and bought it when Frankie Goes to Hollywood recorded this way back in the 80s.

BUT GABRIELLE APLIN'S version is hauntingly moving. It evokes such emotion, bringing me out in goose bumps and could even evoke a few tears just from the sheer beauty of her voice.

Yes, I buy CDs, but this is my first ever MP3 download, I just couldn't wait even a minute to own it, and I just know this won't be my only purchase of music by Gabrielle Aplin - STUNNING.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating !, 29 Nov 2012
Achilles (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Power of Love (MP3 Download)
This song is oustanding! My wife and I adore it.

Frankie Goes to Hollywood performed the original, which was brilliant and nobody can take that away form them. This is just a different way of expressing such an iconic beautiful song.

Gabrielle Aplin has a fascinating and unique voice which captures the full emotion of the song; an absolute pleasure to listen to!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brought a tear to my eye., 15 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Power of Love (MP3 Download)
The original by Frankie Goes to Hollywood always reminds me of Christmas.

But this beautiful cover brought me to tears, beautiful and haunting worthy of the number one slot in the UK charts.

xx Hopefully more to come from this amazing talent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful version of a classic, 13 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Power of Love (MP3 Download)
Superb version of this classic song beautiful harmonics & haunting music fabulously sung a real christmas cracker sent shivers down my spine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 15 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Power of Love (MP3 Download)
Okay, it's the music from the John Lewis advert. So one might be excused for thinking its a little bit too commercial.

And it's Frankie Goes to Hollywood. Some might say that their work is sacred and can only be sung by them. They are not a band to be imitated. Their impact on 1980s pop culture is huge and some might say better left alone.

But this really, really works as a cover version. It's simple. It's evocative. It's emotional.

It's quite a beautiful record.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 1 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Power of Love (MP3 Download)
Exquisite and very heartfelt song. The piano at the beginning is delicate and complementary to the gentle, warm voice that sings across it with a clarity that makes you fall it love with it. I'm looking forward to future hits from this very talented lady!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great song., 5 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Power of Love (MP3 Download)
I'm old enough to remember the original version of this song so when this new version was released I was interested to hear the slower feel to it. Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Power of Love review, 4 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Power of Love (MP3 Download)
I like this version much better than the Frankie Goes To Hollywood one. Her voice resonates with me. I would recommend to to any of my friends. It's soothing, relaxing I guess it's easy listening really

5.0 out of 5 stars the power of love, 1 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Power of Love (MP3 Download)
l love the music its great to listen to in the background when your are on your reading happy listening

The Power of Love