Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£14.44

on 15 December 1998
This is possibly the best reference work for sand casting that I have ever read. It covers bench and floor castings, in all the popular metals (iron, brass, etc..) Ammen uses his 35 years of foundry experience to provide a complete and explicit reference for sand casting.
VINE VOICEon 22 July 2008
I have given the book 4 stars instead of 5 because although there is a very comprehensive coverage of the topic, far more than most amateurs would need, I suspect, the author makes what to me is a cardinal sin: he mentions terms, expressions and nouns before explaining what they mean. The glossary, at the back of the book, did not help either. That is why I have recommended that the reader should consult a more basic book first: I suspect that the book was originally written for other members of the trade and was then 'adapted' for the DIY market.
on 8 November 2012
This books is a very detailed account of the authors many years of experience in the field. A great introduction and I suspect there's a few things in here veterans in the field would be interested in.
on 30 September 2015
Absolutely loved it, not fully finished it yet as i need to finish my burner,but gives excellent advice to someone starting out in this fascinating hobby and experienced foundry men alike!
on 8 July 2015
Great book - speedy delivery
on 22 August 2015
A good book well laid out.
on 30 March 2016