on 20 April 2013
I purchased this card about a week ago with my whole new PC. The build went very smoothly however the card did arrive a day late. Apart from the late arrival once the card had arrived I was very happy with my purchase. The card was easy to install and set up and I was running in minutes.

I ran some benchmarks on the card to see what games I can be playing on it and this is how they went:
Tomb Raider; Max FPS - 61.4 Min FPS - 9.4(this is the loading screen) Average FPS - 54.9
Far Cry 3; Max FPS - 72.4 Min FPS - 4.8(again this is the loading screen) Average FPS - 52.7
Crysis 3; Max FPS - 63.1 Min FPS - 5.2(Loading screen) Average FPS - 54.6
Battlefield 3; Max FPS - 64.6 Min FPS - 60.3 Average FPS - 62.4

Just to put into perspective of the other hardware in my system that are complementing my card, here are my full system specs:
‣ Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz
‣ Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7870
‣ 8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
‣ Asus P8Z77-V LX Motherboard
‣ Samsung 120GB SSD
‣ Western Digital 1TB HDD
‣ Corsair CX750M ATX PSU
‣ Zalman Z11 Plus Midi Tower Case
‣ Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit)

All the benchmarks shown above were running all the games on Ulta high quality in a 1080p resolution. As you can see this card offers outstading value for money and is very much worth the purchase. As my first decent gaming rig, to add this card to it was the right choice to make. This card will handle almost any game that you throw at it! As you can see from the benchmarks that are displaying some of the most recent and graphically intense games. I would recommend this card to anyone who is building a mid to high end range gaming rig, as this card is a thing of beauty!

I hope this review has helped.
on 29 March 2013
This is my first serious graphics card and I must say it is a beast. Very powerful, well built and exceptionally quiet when under load. Between this and a 7850, I'd say spend the extra few quid, it is more than worth it. An absolute doddle to fit and come with molex to pci, i case you don't have pci plugs on your psu. Love it. You need this in your gaming life and in your gaming pc.
on 6 January 2014
I have just built my first ever computer, which is an AMD budget build for high spec gaming.

This graphics card is wonderful, it's a pure bargain for the price.

It has maxed out each game I have threw at it FPS always over 60.
World Of Warcraft, Skyrim, Bioshock Infinite, Black Ops 2, Tomb Raider etc

Asus DVD-RW Drive
Corsair CX 500 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply Unit
Zalman Z11 Plus

Other:
Build Your Own Computer: The Complete Step-by-step Manual to Constructing a PC That's Right for You.
AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable 3 Feet / 0.9 m Supports Ethernet / 3D / Audio Return
StarTech 11 Piece PC Computer Tool Kit with Carrying Case
Anti Static Mat and Wristband
on 24 August 2013
I originally bought this for £138, so should have been a great deal. However, the item was refunded and I was told it was undeliverable. I still went at bought at at £154, as it is the cheapest 7870 by some distance.

The card is pretty fat, but not too long. Despite having a basic plastic construction, with only a blue strip to add to the 'style', its gonna be upside down in a standard pc build anyway. Included cables and vga/dvi adapter is a nice addition.

Plays my games really well, so no complaints there. I have AC3, BF3, Black ops 2, Dirt3 and others, the card plays them on high with apparent ease.

Overall a good card for the price - close to 7850 but significantly better performance. Oviously u could oc the card if you wanted and get better fps.

My pc:
xfx pro550w
500gb hdd
Cit Vantage case.
on 9 August 2013
Upgraded my sons PC from a 4000 series Radeon card to this one and it now means the latest games will play with no effort. If you are going to upgrade with one of these cards, make sure you have a decent PSU preferably over 500 watt and also as important is to make sure it's a good make of PSU, there are lots of cheap 5/600 watter's out there but regarding power you need quality components.
on 31 December 2013
Great single use card. you cant get better price performance. This will easily outperform any next Gen Console. My only issue is i bought this 2nd card for crossfire. Whilst those games optimized for crossfire work amazingly, others are disappointing and alot of recent games required you to disable crossfire entirely for the game to work properly (Call of Duty Ghosts, Assassins Creed- may be fixed now) Its bad enough that i have already sold this card on ebay and intend to upgrade to a R9 290(missed returns deadline on Amazon)

If its for single card use, then this is value for money at its best, if your thinking about crossfire, don't bother. Get a better card and make some money by selling your other one.
on 18 January 2014
Although the WEI (windows experience Index) isn't very accurate (compared to benchmarks), this card currently gets a rating of 7.9 (max)

I haven't done much gaming with it, but I have tried Saints Row IV and it was able to play it at roughly 90 FPS on MAX/ULTRA settings

3ds max and video editing with sony vegas renders very fast. Definitely worth the money!
on 9 March 2015
This card still performs well with games like Battlefield 4, Tintanfall, Shadows of Mordor. I am really happy with it. Will probably upgrade again at the end of the year, until then this card will keep my gaming alive.

You can get a Sapphire Dual-X Radeon R9 270X OC for half the price of the HD 7870 at the moment - comparable card.
on 31 December 2013
Bought this for 119.99 on Amazon as it used to be a lot higher, I thought it was a bargain. When it arrived at my house I proceeded in installing the card into my PC case, the process was quick like always. So far, the card has been great in performance with all of the games I own. The box also includes a DVI to VGA adaptor so it does provide support for the older monitor outputs.

The card itself runs completely quiet. When I turned it on after installation I thought the graphics card wasn't even on! It runs totally cool also, unless you are playing a intensive game on the ultra settings. However, this is probably due to my CPU.

You can totally overclock this card on a great scale thanks to the drivers that AMD provide. You can also adjust the fan speed of the card, obviously this would make the card noisy but it would make it cool.

Overall, I think that this is a great card and I am pleased with it. If I had more additional cooling to my machine I think I will be able to overclock this safely without it getting loud or hot. Definitely will last at least a couple of year, depending on what games you play.
on 10 March 2016
Had this card for years now, just starting to show its age.
One of the 2 fans is becoming slightly noisy when at idle. Probably bearings are worn, but it rattles. When under load it sounds normal.
Performance is excellent, I play Battlefield 4 (when purchased it was BF3), and I have had no issues with speed and frame rate.
It is overclockable, but I run at stock speeds and it performs excellently.
As I write this though (March 2016), bear in mind it is now an OLD card but if your on a budget and can get one cheap it will be worth it.