5.0 out of 5 stars Best value card
Published 20 months ago by George Stone

3.0 out of 5 stars great card
great card very happy, fantastic service from amazon as always. runs all my games with ease, crysis 3 looks amazing. have been useing the card for month now & it has started to crash my pc alot, have done some research & the card has got some faults so i have returned the card for a refund.
Published 18 months ago by Mrs. T. A. Howarth

5.0 out of 5 stars Best value card, 6 May 2013
This review is from: Sapphire 11199-19-20G AMD Radeon HD 7870 Dual-X OC 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card (HDMI, DVI-I, DVI-D, Display Port, PCI Express 3.0, 256-Bit, AMD CrossFireX Multi-GPU Technology) (Accessory)
Have had this card for 2 months now and it has been nothing but outstanding. Overclocks well, am currently running it at 1100 ghz with a clock speed of 1300. Runs BF3 at a steady 70+ fps online however I personally cannot max out Crysis 3 and achieve smooth frame rates, but with a few settings turned down it plays and looks amazing. Great card, you definitely won't regret buying it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Performance for Price, 2 May 2013
Great Graphic's card, able to play Bioshock Infinite, Crysis 3 and Far Cry 3 at maximum settings with no slowdown or lag (1680x1050). Upgrading to a new 1920x1200 monitor so I'll update this review when I make the switch.

The card run's very quiet and is barely noticeable when at idle, get's nosier when under maximum load but that's understandable and it's usually only when playing games so can't hear it anyway.

Only thing is they could have bundled some free games with the card as I know AMD are running lots of offers on this card which include vouchers for free games...

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty damn great!, 11 Jun 2013
Mr. K. Graham - See all my reviews
Been using this for the past 3 days now on my new rig with an i5 3570k and 8gb of 1600mhz ram, and i've gotta say, it's brilliant.
for roughly £180 you can play nearly any current gen game with at high/very high setting with a good frame rate. On Smite, planetside 2, and Blacklight retribution i was getting 100-150 fps with everything on high or highest. Played The Witcher 2 and Skyrim(high res texture mods) on high/highest settings with a smooth framerate too. Overclocking is simple with amd overdrive, just be careful with the heating as it can slowly creep up on you, i need better airflow in my case most likely :/

Looking to test this in a Crossfire setup once i get the funds in a couple of months, will report back then and along the way with my experience with any more new releases i get.
All in all, if you're looking for a great budget graphics card then definitely go for this, it's barely more expensive than a gtx 660 and delivers better frames with nearly all games, not to mention relatively good cooling to boot.

*update*
Battlefield 3, Assassin's Creed III, and The Witcher 2 all ran at 60-70fps with maxed out graphics.
Warframe maxed out ran between 150-250 fps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful - can take whatever you throw at it!, 4 Sep 2013
I'm a massive gamer - I play everything from Minecraft to Battlefield 3 to Team Fortress 2. After reading a lot about how good this card was, I decided to take the plunge in my new PC build and shell out the money for this powerhouse. It's a massive improvement on my old 7750 which I bought to improve my old PC's aging 4670!

Installation was simple - as it is with most graphics cards - simply remove the blanking plates, click into the PCI-E Express x16 slot on the motherboard, connect the two PCI-E 6 pin connectors, and screw in. The drivers installed seamlessly, and I was gaming on it in no time.

For general use in my dual monitor setup, it runs at a reasonable 40 degrees celcius, and under load I haven't seen it go too far over 60 degrees celcius. All the games I've tested at 1080p have run brilliantly with everything turned up to max. I get over 300 fps in Minecraft normally, and still achieve between 40 and 60 fps with the shaders mod installed (very demanding!) Team Fortress 2 and Battlefield both run at such high frame rates I didn't bother checking. It is a joy to game on, and I honestly can't fault it. It looks brilliant in my windowed case, and doesn't add any discernible noise to my PC.

To conclude, I'd rate this product as brilliant for gamers and PC builders who want a graphics card that can deal with anything thrown at it with no worries of not having enough power. Just make sure you've got around a 600 watt PSU with enough connectors for it, and you'll be perfectly fine!

3.0 out of 5 stars great card, 18 Jun 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Good card - Known problems!, 20 May 2013
Hastily decided to buy this card as it is the cheapest out of the range and Sapphire are well known. Having received this card I installed it in no time and had it running fairly quickly without any problems. The Sapphire 7870 ran pretty well on all games at high settings BUT with a major problem!

The first problem I encountered was whilst playing dead island. Anywhere between 15 mins to an hour into the game the screen would turn black and play a repeating sound loop forcing me to do a hard reset of the computer because nothing else would work. This happened a number of times (as well as on other games) before I decided to research the problem and found many cases where people had this same problem. A quick google search of "black screen sound loop sapphire HD 7870" will show the same problem for many people and I thought I would let everyone know to research this problem before buying!

5.0 out of 5 stars very fast and quiet but gpu is getting little bit hot, 12 April 2013
i ordered this at 9 am for 175 pound i get it next day at 2 pm {express}
installation was easy and driver in box was latest drivers
no crash yet on both window 7 and 8 64

i research all web i think this 7870 edition is best card for price and power

i upgraded from ati 5750 to 7870. the card is so power full
and it make games shiny and beautiful even i tried an old
game rainbow six vegas1 quality much better .

iam playing crysis 3 (reloaded)max setting(everyyyyy thing on max directx 11)
10 fps temp 65 to 73 on 1920_1080 (no overclock) BUT turn antialiasing off and fps
goes up to 30 or higher.iam using 23" samsung sa700 3d monitor quality is over awesome shin like a daemon

battlefield 3: max setting on 1920_1080 resolution fps is over 50 temp is 65c (no overclock)

call duty mw2: 150 fps temp 65 to 70 GPU usage is over 80% (no overclock)
(with d3d overrider software fps 50 temp 57 cpu usage 40 persent)

NOTE: FANS ARE REALLY QUIET BUT LAZY TOO,
WHEN TEMPERATURE IS 75 FANS ARE RISING
FROM 50% VERY SLOWLY AND CARD CAN BE GET
HOT BECAUSE OF THAT .YOU CAN DOWNLOAD
TRIXX SOFTWARE FROM SAPPHIRE
TO CHANGE THE FANS SETTING TO CUSTOM I THINK
THIS IS A SOLUTION.

I HEARD TEMP 65 TO 70 AS MAX TEMPERATURE NOT TO BAD.

my pc: phenom x6 1090t
ram 8 gb
power supply 700w ambiance

4.0 out of 5 stars Good spec for the money, 14 April 2014
Just a tip, make sure your PSU up to it. Mine ran OK for 3 weeks then failed. You do need to make sure you have or get a PSU up to the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 31 Dec 2013
Purchased as part of new self build gaming PC for son so I don't understand much about it but he says it's great, item arrived on time, well packaged, no problems whatsoever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good card, 2 Dec 2013
This is the first graphics card i bought and it's really good, ive been using it for about 6 months now and im upgrading shortly.. I mostly play BF4 on my pc and this handles it well. It can run it on high settings without a problem at 60-80 Fps but the reason im upgrading is i want to play it on ultra and with this card i cant it plays it at 50-60 fps that might be ok for some but not me :) another reason im upgrading is because im getting 2 more 1080p monitors so im going to need a little more juice! :) If anybody wants to buy this off of me at a discounted price near christmas it will be on ebay haha