5.0 out of 5 stars Creative - back on form
I write this review having replaced my trusty, 10 year old Audigy 2 Platinum with this Sound Blaster ZX....

I skipped the X-fi generation of products, as although the reviews were great, I read a lot about bad drivers. I also don't get to play games so much these days so the Audigy 2 was fine.

I then got Windows 7 a couple of years back, and while...
Published 15 months ago by Dommo

3.0 out of 5 stars Good on sound and appearance, not on software.
There are only a hand full of good points with this latest version of Creative Sound Blaster cards.
Starting from the top, the outlook of the card and the accessories is good there is clear sound & it works well, but the software supplies is a let-down.

1. SBX Pro: I do not recommended for use with games nor movies, audio programs like iTunes only.
2...
Published 13 months ago by M. Howe

4.0 out of 5 stars Sound delay, 27 Jan 2014
This review is from: Creative Sound Blaster Zx 116dB PCIe Gaming Sound Card with High Performance Headphone Amp and Desktop Audio Control Module (Accessory)
It looks really good, the red LEDs might be distracting to some but I didn't mind.

I actually really liked the card until I found out that using dolby digital live on wireless headsets with their own encoders such as the Astro A50's produce a sound delay. Not noticeable when watching movies etc but gaming was a nono. My boyfriends Xonar DX doesn't have this problem.

As there's no way to correct it through the software I had to return mine. Please do keep that in mind when making your purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound quality, 4 Nov 2013
Bruno Pereira "Leviathan" (Lisbon) - See all my reviews
Must have been one of the best products i've seen lately from Creative, the device looks great aesthetically, the drivers are not problematic (when compared with the previous drivers they had). The sound quality using my Z-906 via toslink is just great when compared with my onboard card.

4.0 out of 5 stars Few problems with drivers, 14 Oct 2013
Good Item , but i had some problems with installation drivers for windows 7. After 'clean installation' on 'fresh windows' , all running nicely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Creative Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard, 11 Oct 2013
i like to hear a special sound with good performence .
i like Creative sound card long time ago.
i recommend this card for whom like to try a special sound from his PC.
thanks for Creative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, simply cannot describe what a huge differnce it made, 12 Sep 2013
From the view of a gamer and music enthusiast
Comes well packaged and protected. Surprisingly small but insanely powerful.
Tested it with some 10 year old logitech surround speakers which ive yet to replace and didnt expect much change and was blown away by the improvement.

The main reason i got this was to use with my sennheiser pc360 headphones. I highly recommend this card with high end headphones, such a fantastic sound like ive never heard before.

Most importantly this was the easiest hardware installation ive done in years. Simply plug it in and use the cd provided, switch your sound inputs to the card and away you go, perfect sound in minutes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 16 May 2013
H. Eaton "Helena Eaton" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Clear instructions make this relatively easy to install. Fantastic results - much clearer audio. Excellent for games or watching films on your computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vastly improved sound, 14 May 2013
Miss "crazyminx" (Coventry) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If your computer has, like mine, somewhat poor sound quality, then this add-on sound card is definitely a good purchase. I've always found movies and TV shows, regardless of whether they are from a DVD or streamed on the internet to be difficult to hear on the computer without headphones, and I've never been able to get my music up high enough in volume. This sound card rectifies that and doesn't just help with volume but also clarity. Skyping and gaming are also vastly improved; I'm not a serious gamer but I would say this is essential if you are. For me the most useful thing though is the enhancement of dialogue during movies.

It's also worth noting that everything that comes with the product looks awesome. Very shiny! The card is not the easiest thing in the world to fit if you have no experience, but it is do-able. Make sure you double-check the system requirements before buying too, as you need a fairly fast processor (at least 2.2GHz) and either Windows 7 or 8 for the sound card to operate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 9 May 2013
Merackon (Warminster, UK) - See all my reviews
Compared to the onboard audio of my computer, which is an Asrock Extreme4 Realtek chipset, I believe, as an AudioPhile, that the sound output offered by this sound card is among the best that is offered at this price range and is great for the intended purpose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Noticeable Quality, 2 May 2013
Having been consigned to on-board sound for several months I had actually forgotten how good a well tweaked sound card can sound. I had also noticed that on headphones the volume of the on-board version was somewhat lacking if I wanted to turn the music up.

I know I'm not using a great number of the features on this card, there are so many more aimed at gaming that I'm not entirely that interested in. However, it makes music sound great and the built-in microphone on the volume unit is rather cool too, if I ever get round to installing and using Skype I'm sure it will be most useful.

Also very pleased it's future-proof, at some stage I might manage to upgrade my speaker kit to something fed from the optical-out as I'm pretty sure that's better quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Sound To Date, 25 Mar 2013
always used creative for sound from day one and this is a huge difference from the X-Fi series of sound cards to buy this would be certain satisfaction and just waiting for the next improvements they do with these cards