5.0 out of 5 stars Just about as good as it gets
First of all please ignore Techari review above/below, the last thing Illy coffee has as a trait is any form of bitterness (unless of course you do not know how to make good coffee in the first place).

Published on 20 Dec 2010 by D. KNIGHT

3.0 out of 5 stars Tasty
It is very finely ground coffee & more that 2 cups clogged the filter, but it tasted very nice. Might use it in a cafettiere next time.
Published 3 months ago by Pamela Lea

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Just about as good as it gets, 20 Dec 2010
D. KNIGHT "Big Organ Fan" (England, Kent) - See all my reviews

You will not find a better coffee than this for everyday use, rich, full flavoured, full bodied, highly aromatic with depth and character. If you want the high roast taste then buy the illy coffee in the silver/black tin, But if you like the majority of the population just want a decent, slightly indulgent treat. Then this is it. Like the other reviewers here you will not go back to anything else (well actually we do try occasionally only to discover we are wasting our time).

Cheap it is not , worth every penny it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best coffees you can buy., 16 July 2010
I have been buying this coffee for years....I have found no easily available substitute for it. Once you start using Illy, you will never want a cup of instant coffee again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bueno Coffee, 18 Jan 2011
Illy is the only coffee that consistently delivers a smooth flavour and crema in my Gaggia Espresso machine. I've tried 20+ other types, but nothing else comes close.
Highly recommended - worth the extra cost - and the tins are useful in the garage too!

5.0 out of 5 stars I keep Coming Back To This Coffee, 30 Mar 2011
D. WAIN "Megamix" (Kent) - See all my reviews
Despite trying lots of different coffees - this one is my favourite. Strong and tasty but without the bitterness you get with so many others. It's comparatively expensive but for the price of 2 or 3 Starbucks you get a whole week or twos worth of good quality coffee.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheers Dave!!, 31 Oct 2010
Lovely coffee, recently introduced to it by my mate Dave, have tried many different coffees over the years in my cappucino machine but this is by far the smoothest and best flavour. Well worth the slighly extra cost over other brands.

5.0 out of 5 stars Illy Coffee, 28 Oct 2011
R. WOOD "STIG" (Mildenhall Suffolk) - See all my reviews
Why is this so expensive, same can be had from local supermarket at 2/3 the price - no postage !
Or have I got it wrong. I use this and it is superb, equal to anything I've drunk in Italia !

5.0 out of 5 stars Once you buy illy there's no turning back ...... your doomed!!, 19 Oct 2012
B. Rice (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
After quite extensive research (yes on coffee;) in anticipation of receiving my new (and first) espresso machine i wanted to set myself off to a flying start...

I found that the general consensus is that illy is very well liked by the vast (and i mean vast) majority, the only criticism raised is the cost so the taste and quality never comes into question. Yes it is more expensive than most but in my opinion it's worth it for the end result which is what matters to me.

I've experimented with different brands since such as Lavazza Oro (another regarded coffee) etc but for me after the first few cups i found myself drinking more coffee just so i could use it up and buy some Illy! Lavazza is nice and better than most but for me it was a step backward and doesn't even really come that close to illy imo

It all boils down to personal taste at the end of the day but If you like your coffee then at least try it, you only have to buy it once to try it, if you find afterward you can't justify the cost over others simply don't buy it again ...simples

The problem is if you like it you just can't bring yourself to buy anything else!! ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply wonderful, 18 Feb 2011
Just brilliant, it's exactly what I needed in my life, and they delivered!

The finest coffee, fabulous packaging, decent price - bam!

To quote Tina Turner, it's 'Simply the best, better than all the rest!'

5.0 out of 5 stars ===> The *BEST* Coffee, 1 Jan 2011
S. Mark Gee - See all my reviews
I have been making a latte via a cheap espresso machine using Illy and other brands for well over 10 years. Very sad I know. I have tried other brands of coffee and I have tried more expensive machines, different kinds of water and milk etc etc.

Basically all you need is fresh water, fresh semi skimmed milk, a milk thermometer (not to exceed 70 degrees), a cheap aluminium espresso machine that sits of your gas cooker and of course ILLY (the red one)

There is no point of getting an expensive machine as they are all rubbish.

there is no point in buying any other coffee than Illy. They are not as good. I don't know why but they are not. Maybe Illy is finer (burr) ground? Lavazza can be OK but it is half the price of Illy for a reason...ie it is not as good. It is also very hard to buy coffee from a cafe that isas good as I make...I've looked everywhere on the high street Nero, Costa, etc etc. They are not as good for many reasons...one being the cleanliness of their machines. Pret a manger are OK at some branches as is (bizarrely) M&S in some of their cafes.

Got the point!! Good luck with your coffee making...you can easily do it better than anyone else, it's not hard. But you have to use Illy and you can buy it cheaper usually at ASDA.

PS It's espresso not expresso!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Coffee, 12 Dec 2011
A great tasting coffee. This ground blend by Illy is smooth, rich and consistant, all at an excellent price for this twin pack.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Illy Classic Roast Ground Coffee 250g (Pack of 2)