5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Keyboard!
Having used my old Acer keyboard for more than four years, I have to say that the slightly different position of all the keys took me a little while to get used to. I've now had the Isku for just over three weeks and I think it is excellent. Here's why:

Published 19 months ago by Lewis

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice reaction. Nice feel
Published 2 months ago by A. Lowe

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Keyboard!, 9 May 2013
This review is from: Roccat Isku Illuminated Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)

Heavy; it's not going to blow away on a windy day, should you be unfortnate enough to keep your computer outside.. It doesn't move as much as my old one did either while typing. Instant bonus.

The keys feel really nice to type with! I didn't understand why people said that before, but now I do. They are the right weight, and now that I've gotten used to the new positioning, I can type so quick and smoothly.

Illumination. Okay so that's a bit of bling bling, but it does help you to see the keys in the dark room, and you can adjust the brightness level to suit you best.

One thing you may notice looking at the keyboard is that there is no Caps Lock key. This puzzled me but I bought the keyboard anyway. In its place is the Roccat EasyShift button. I still don't understand the whole macro programming keys buttons, or the point of the EasyShift, but to activate CapsLock you can hold EasyShift and Thumbkey 1, and that will grant you some lovely caps lock.

Altogether, an awesome keyboard for the experienced gamer who needs all the macro keys. I don't use them at all, but for the reasons mentioned above, I love this keyboard and would recommend it to anyone with a bit of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great alternative to my old and battered Saitek keyboard, 9 Feb 2013
Ryan (Hereford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roccat Isku Illuminated Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
I've had my old Saitek keyboard for as long as I can remember (literally, I can't remember) and it finally gave up on me a few weeks ago. As my old keyboard is no longer being manufactured I had no choice but to find an alternative gaming keyboard, much to my dislike.

As I already had the Roccat Kone gaming mouse I thought it only be right to get the matching Roccat Isku Illuminated keyboard. I wasn't expecting much from this as I thought it couldn't be better than my old Saitek. I was wrong, so very wrong.

The quality of this keyboard is exceptional and the way that it feels under my fingers is sublime. The pressure needed to depress the buttons is just the right amount when playing FPS games.

Another great feature about the Isku is Macro functions and the 5 gaming profiles. There are so many customisable macro functions that you will never run out of space for macros and as you can have 5 separate gaming profiles this leads for even greater customisation of your keyboard. As with most Roccat mouse and keyboards comes their Easy-Shift[+] feature which essentially utilises one of your function keys as a shift button giving you double the amount of function and customisable buttons.

Along with the media hot keys this really is a great keyboard to add to my collection and I have no doubt that it will be my keyboard of choice for the next few years and will only be replacing it when absolutely necessary, preferably with the same model!

5.0 out of 5 stars Roccat Isku, 29 Oct 2013
This review is from: Roccat Isku Illuminated Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
Great keyboard. I use it in conjunction with my Razer Deathadder mouse. The keys are noisy, so if you are recording stuff, get a corsair with cherry MX black. the macros near the spacebar are the most useful, I bound them to steam overlay, Alt+Tab and Ctrl+Alt+Del. The side macros are good from 1 to 3, but four and five feel terrible on mine. the top buttons feel like cassete tape buttons, which I like, and the palm rest is great. Well worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great but software loading solution here, 18 Oct 2013
Mr. P. Thomas (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roccat Isku Illuminated Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
I haven't had the keyboard long but I'm really pleased with it now that I have resolved the driver installation problem. I couldn't install the latest driver and configuration software on my Win 7 64 bit PC. I was getting the message "The installshield (ikernel.exe) could not be installed". The solution is as follows:-
1. Download the driver software from the Roccat.org website.
2. Locate the zip file and extract it into the folder C:\programme files\common files
3. Run setup

If you just run setup from say the download folder I think it is linking to the programme files (x86)/ common files folder, which is for 32 bit PC software.

Hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great keyboard coupled with great software = Perfect., 23 April 2014
This review is from: Roccat Isku Illuminated Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
I have owned my Roccat Isku for over a year now and it's still going strong.
This board gets quite heavy usage and its still as crisp and sharp as the day I bought it.
Personally I don't find the keys to be loud, there have had no issues with sticky/squeaky/unresponsive keys, keys coming off or coming loose and I have given this keyboard some serious stick. (even the odd rage thump) :)

With your thumb on the thumbster buttons all macro keys are very easy to touch so no hand/wrist contortions are needed.

I like the 5 profile slots you can switch between at the touch of a button or mouse (if it's Roccat talk compatable) plus the load/save profile feature, you can also import profiles for games that other people have made.
The ability to bind a single profile to 3 games is also a nice touch, when you start a game the keyboard automatically switches to that profile and when exiting the keyboard reverts to your chosen Windows profile.

Don't just think of this as a gaming keyboard either, whatever program your using such as Photoshop or whatever this keyboard will prove its worth there too.
For example: I use a password safe for website logins (keepass) and have assigned the T2 button to automate the copy/paste from the password safe program to the web page, meaning to log into any website I have to just press one button. Now that's funky!

The board has cable routing underneath for wired mice, so you can feed cable from anywhere to anywhere, which is nice.

The best though is the software interface, it's so damn good.
You can configure if you want the keyboard to stay illuminated or to go dark after 1-30 minutes without use, or just to go dim.
Deactivate either or both Windows keys. (prevents accidental minimizing when in full-screen mode)
Fine tune macro's, like key press duration and even overlap key presses.
Choose which media player it shortcuts the media keys to - your PC's default or Windows Media Player, Winamp, itunes or vlc media player.

Get a Roccat talk compatible mouse and you can adjust setting on the mouse with the keyboard and vice versa...awesome!! (for example adjusting mouse dpi settings via the keyboard for such things as sniping in first person shooter's or inside Photoshop for finer/sharper control)

My only minor gripe and for me it is minor, the lack of illumination to the media keys.

For the money I think this is as good as a keyboards gets before you start paying for gimmicky Ooo features (like on-board screens).

4.0 out of 5 stars Good!, 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: Roccat Isku Illuminated Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
This keyboard is really awesome. It looks great and feels great. The only negative things i have to say are due to all the macro buttons etc its really big, so for a cramped desk this is not ideal.

Also no caps lock gets annoying untill you bind it somewhere

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice reaction. Nice feel, 28 Sep 2014
A. Lowe (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roccat Isku Illuminated Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
I have bought this keyboard just over a year ago to replace Gigabyte's Osmium keyboard which had shutdown issues. This Roccat performs very well. Nice reaction. Nice feel. I haven't come across any combination issues. I haven't even programmed it yet. Well, don't feel I need to. But one thing really surprised me. The black plastic coating (or is it paint?) is coming off the most frequently used keys, WSAD. It is quite obvious that each key is see through plastic and then black paint is put on top, leaving the letter area clear. This allows the light to come through. For a £60 keyboard, I expect better durability than this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, 6 Jun 2014
This review is from: Roccat Isku Illuminated Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
Purchased same model before for a PC build and love the keyboard.

If I have any slight issues, it is simply that you cannot change the key colour background to match the Roccat Kone Pure mouse. It's blue or nothing (mouse has multiple colour choices). This is simply a design choice and has nothing to do with the excellent operation and programming of the keyboard.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 24 April 2014
This review is from: Roccat Isku Illuminated Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
Great keyboard that compliments roccat's other accessories well. Lighting is good and makes everything very clear in lowlight.

Responsiveness is spot on....if I have one minor niggle....its fact the keys make bit too much noise, but that's it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 13 Jun 2014
This review is from: Roccat Isku Illuminated Gaming Keyboard (Accessory)
its a very good quality keyboard. has a lot of options on it, its very comfortable to use and it looks absolutely sound as a nut!!

Roccat Isku Illuminated Gaming Keyboard