Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.86

on 28 November 2012
Like the other Noodimen books, it's certainly a bit odd. Part cute aliens, part satire on modern life, with a mind-bendingly deep conclusion to finish with. It's all written with a minimum of words too, and the simple cartoony illustrations do a lot of the work. It had us all laughing almost from the beginning, and now we have to read it over and over again - that's a 2 and a half year old daughter for you. I'm not sure how much of the message (which, by the way, I love!) she really gets, but in our house we've all become very good at saying "Rondy-windit..etc" to each other. Honestly, that will make sense when you read the book. Highly recommended.
on 30 November 2012
Sometimes jetting around the world saving good folk from disastrous situations can get you a little tired and world weary.
I sat down with a copy of this little story with my nephew- I was quickly and strangely returned to myself. Elliot and I were charmed and carried away to this simple little parallel universe where we realized the folly of our complicated ways. If you are a stressed out banker or just someone who needs a little perspective- this will bring you back to the beginning!
on 29 November 2012
This delightful children's (and discerning adult's) book is a must read for all who want to know the outcome of a meeting between the Department of Lists and Hurgle Flurgle 5 (who were all scared of Mrs Snoopdrawer!) I won't spoil the ending for you, you'll have to read it for yourself, but suffice to say that my four year old and her father are now becoming quite fluent in Noodispeak, and we are impatiently awaiting the next in this beautifully inventive series.
on 2 December 2012
Reflect whilst you read. Is there one or more messages in this quirkily illustrated story? Different people will probably find different meanings here. Certainly made me think. I look forward to the next installment.
on 2 December 2012
With each visit to Nood my suspicion grows that the succinct text and expressive illustrations are gently communicating some rather deep thoughts about the way things are. To my surprise I find it rather reassuring.
on 29 November 2012
Yep, these books are just so gorgeously queer for parents to read (over and over again!!!) to all our discerning little ones, just like parenting itself ! We love them all.