5.0 out of 5 stars Great for charging Smart Phone
Bought this for charging my Samsung Galaxy S2 for whenever mains electric isn't available, especially when travelling or doing multi-day back-packing. Really pleased with the iEP390, leave it to charge up overnight (its important to leave it 8+ hours and the charging lights go out when its full (rather than unplugging it when the 3rd LED comes on as this may only be 70%...
Published on 21 Nov 2011 by HillClimb

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work on iPad 4
Bought it to use with my iPad 4. It does NOT charge it. iPad reads "Not Charging".

Works fine on my iPhone 5 - but that is not why I bought it.

It clearly stated that it should work:
"TeckNetŪ iEP517 "iTorch" 5200mAh External Battery Pack and Charger for iPad 4/3/2"...
Published 12 months ago by JP

‹ Previous | 197 98 99 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, 25 Mar 2013
it is an excellent product that i have bought over a lot of battery charger its small and very easy to take around. And after fully charged, it can charge my iphone around 2-3 times

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value - Works well with my iPhone 4s and includes a built in Torch!, 18 Jan 2013
Pros:
Great value item and less costly than many competitors. This charger is a nice size - smaller than my iPhone 4s. It comes with all of the cables but no charging plug (not a problem - just use the charging plug for your iPhone). It also has a handy built in torch which is an added bonus. I will charge an iPhone 4s three to four times on a single charge which is great. A nice cloth carry pouch with drawstrings is included. I particularly found this handy when my battery was low but I still needed to use my phone to make business calls without having to relocate next to a charging point.

Cons:
Struggling to find any downsides. The device does take a while to charge but considering the capacity of the battery, that is to be expected. Just make sure you allow enough time to charge it (perhaps overnight) before your trip if you are going away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best, 29 Dec 2012
This review is from: TeckNet POWER BANK iEP1200 12000mAh USB External Battery Backup Pack, Mobile Phone Power Pack, Dual-Port Shake-to-Wake High Capacity Portable Battery Charger (Dual 5V 3.1A USB Output) for Apple iPhone 5, iPad mini 2/1, iPad 5/4 (Lightning Cable not Provided), iPhone 4S, iPad 3/2/1; Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, Galaxy Note 3/2; HTC One, Sensation, Desire, Wildfire; Google Nexus 7, 10; Nokia Lumia 1020 928 925 920; Motorola; LG Optimus; Blackberry Z10; Sony Xperia Z - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Ok you need to know one thing about me and that is I have owned quite a few of these "power banks" over the years so trust me when I say this is the best one I have used. This is the only the only power bank I have used which will charge 2 devices at the same time and no matter what you're doing on the device it will still charge it up as if it was plugged into the wall.

Every other power bank I have owned has been a 5v input via USB, not this one. it comes with its own charger which is 9v and charges the battery from dead to full in around 3ish hours.

The only down side to the item is the size and weight. It isn't pocket friendly and will have to be carried in a bag for sure, but this is a very small trade off if you ask me. Also remember if you're going to be going away with it you're also going to be needing to carry the AC charger along with it as it cannot be charged via a micro usb like all the other ones I have owned.

All the other power banks I have owned over the years has always taken ages to charge my phones and with my HTC one X if I was playing a game and it plugged into my older lesser powered power bank, the battery would still go down and not up unlike this new iep1200.

I very much doubt you could find any usb charged device which couldn't last the day running off of this bad boy.

Very impressed all around, 5 stars without a double!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 1 Sep 2012
B. Bell "Gubs" (Ayr, UK) - See all my reviews
Can't really add much more than what other reviewers have said but this is a great little device. I also bought a more powerful TeckNet charger but this slim and sleek device looks great and is much lighter.

It trickle charges 5V devices and, whilst may not be super fast, does the job well if left for an hour or two and can charge a device several times over before needing it own recharge.

I haven't encountered any of the problems with tight fitting cables that others have mentioned and yes it doesn't come with a dedicated AC charger but we've all got too many cables and chargers use the USB cable and charge it via laptop if you're that desperate.

I use mine whilst cycling to keep my iPhone charged whilst its GPS is ruining the battery. Connect to the phone, stick the battery pack in my saddle bag and away we go! A case for this battery pack would be nice (it looks too nice to scratch but it inevitably will).

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't charge new iPad, 29 July 2012
Great if you arent near a power source sadly not enough current to charge new iPad - the reason why I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what is says on the tin!, 22 Jun 2012
Great product, charged iPad and iPhone through this and it's been very versatile. (Chose this instead of a power case for either). It's great for both. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 27 May 2011
Mrs. J. Johnson "JULIA JOHNSON" (CHURCH CROOKHAM) - See all my reviews
Previously owned a MiLi case - and have just replaced it with this one due to the MiLi breaking. For a much reduced price, I already love it much more!
The case is a perfect, tight fit to my iPhone and It's got a rubberised feel to the finish making it comfortable to hold and no worries about putting it down on shiny or delicate surfaces.
The on-off button is a no-messing slide switch and I appreciate being able to reserve the power and only turn it on when absolutely needed.
Having a flash! What a bonus for the 3G or 3GS - there goes one reason for my need to upgrade sooner rather than later.

1.0 out of 5 stars not good at all, 23 May 2013
broken within 2 weeks, cant charger a lot probably only an charge for one time and only can charger to 80% when my phone just got 1% left (iphone 5 )

5.0 out of 5 stars TeckNet 5000mAh Dual Port External Battery, 5 Aug 2013
Really useful for those times when you are not near a socket. It has saved me in many situations when my phone battery has run out. A really reasonably-priced item that I carry everywhere with me. It takes a little while to initially charge the battery (do it overnight) but that is to be expected. I would recommend this if you are often caught away from a charger and socket.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not charge the iPad Mini as described, 27 May 2013
Does not charge the iPad Mini as described. May also not charge other devices which it claims to. Be careful.

‹ Previous | 197 98 99 | Next ›