5.0 out of 5 stars Probably won't find better in this price range
Obviously a cheap sound level meter with limited (read: non existent)
Published 12 months ago by Sean

2.0 out of 5 stars Needs a calibrator
I was thrilled when this came and I found I understood the instructions. However, it asks you to calibrate the soundmeter and I don't have the equipment. I have no idea if the readings are accurate.
Published 18 months ago by DrEMG

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably won't find better in this price range, 23 Jun. 2014
This review is from: A-szcxtop(TM) 40db - 130db Sound Level Meter (Misc.)
Obviously a cheap sound level meter with limited (read: non existent)
configuration and display options is never going to be able to be VERY accurate for applications where very precise readings are required. However, if you don't require such levels of accuracy, then this meter is perfectly serviceable. The build quality is better than it looks, the device is satisfyingly weighty and feels quite robust; I don't see it breaking anytime soon.

Bottom line: if you just need a ball-park figure of sound level to ensure you're not disturbing your neighbours (e.g. while watching films late at night) then this will do the job perfectly well. If you need very precise readings and various configuration options, you need to spend more money.

5.0 out of 5 stars A neat bit of kit, 20 Jan. 2014
This review is from: A-szcxtop(TM) 40db - 130db Sound Level Meter (Misc.)
I like this. It's small and neat and it works really well. Having said that it gives a reading every time, but of course I have no way of knowing whether it is right or not. However loud noises give a higher reading so presumably it is functioning correctly. I needed this to monitor a factory operation close to our house which was making a terrible noise. The trouble was every time the environmemtal protection people from the council arrived, the factory was quiet. This provided me with a bit of tabulated evidence which landed on their desks, and they were quite surprised that I had my own meter! One up to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin - measures noise!, 29 April 2013
Norfolk Lady (Norfolk, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A-szcxtop(TM) 40db - 130db Sound Level Meter (Misc.)
We bought this to gauge our teenage son's musical output in deference to our semi-detached neighbours' ears! How loud is a loud noise? Now we know and have been able to judge sound against laid down acceptable values. have also learned something about decibel ranges in the process. A useful piece of kit for anyone who needs to know what level of noise they are listening to, for whatever reason. Takes out all the guesswork. Small price to pay for peace of mind (or peace of ears!?). Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job very well, 20 July 2013
This review is from: A-szcxtop(TM) 40db - 130db Sound Level Meter (Misc.)
I needed an inexpensive meter to measure music levels from my desktop Pc,
This does Exactly what I hoped it would, and at a very reasonable price, thanks

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 13 Feb. 2014
This review is from: A-szcxtop(TM) 40db - 130db Sound Level Meter (Misc.)
I've found this useful for checking the loundess at the ear when playing a violin. Its easy to use and seems well made.

The max function is only useful of sound levels > about 60db because the act of pressing the max button give a reading of about that level. It would be better if there was a slight delay before the max reading started.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value for Money and accurate, 18 April 2013
This review is from: A-szcxtop(TM) 40db - 130db Sound Level Meter (Misc.)
Bought this to monitor my bands sound level - have found it to be extremely useful - good value for money

2.0 out of 5 stars Needs a calibrator, 3 Jan. 2014
DrEMG (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact and convenient, 15 Mar. 2014
This review is from: A-szcxtop(TM) 40db - 130db Sound Level Meter (Misc.)
Really too early for me to review, but initial impressions are very positive.

Very compact, easily fit into a pocket and easy to use - just 2 buttons to push - 1) off and on and 2) max

I like the second button "Max" which if you push identifies and updates the maximum noise until you push it again. Very useful to capture the loudest noise.

And a real bargain compared to the cost of professional noise meters

5.0 out of 5 stars Does everything it claimed, 26 May 2014
This review is from: A-szcxtop(TM) 40db - 130db Sound Level Meter (Misc.)
Is only accurate down to 30db and I really wanted something that could measure lower than that but it is fine with higher noise levels, came with battery

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value Sound Level Meter, 16 Mar. 2014
This review is from: A-szcxtop(TM) 40db - 130db Sound Level Meter (Misc.)
Straight forward meter that does everything I expected it to do well. I purchased this meter to gauge the effect of the P.A system in
different parts of a large Church and accordingly setting the volume levels. The results were entirely satisfactory, the average maximum level setting proved useful in this respect. All in all I find it hard to believe that such a well made and useful item can be purchased for such a reasonable price.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›