on 6 March 2013
This was the first book I had read on my Kindle and I will always remember it. It mixes the excitement of space war with a love story, a personal vendetta and a coup. It also did not have a traditional end (or beginning either) to a Sci Fi story but still leaves it open nicely to be continued. Ive seen lots of films over the years and I can see excellent potential here for a different type of Sci Fi film. Great book, cant wait for the next one.
on 18 June 2014
The story starts off well but it soon develops into what I would call a romantic novel based in the future, rather than a sci fi book. I have got half way through and have stopped reading because it's now all about the romance which is not what I wanted.
Otherwise, the writing style is good. If you want romance in space then this book is for you. Note, there's nothing sexually graphic, at least not up until I stopped reading it.
on 6 June 2013
I have finally finished this book ... it was a battle, but I got there in the end. The author spends far too much time obsessing about Jon Radec's love life, and the prose used just kept making me imagine a repressed teenager who desperately is awaiting his first true erotic experience writing it. I guess I just found it a bit boring. That said ... it was good value, as it was free but I won't be buying books 2 and 3 in the trilogy
on 28 August 2014
Amazing, Opens up a huge new world, extremely well written.
on 15 April 2013
If you like starships, space stations, and love and war, this book has it all in abundance. A good storyline which keeps the reader involved is only marred by the translation from Americanese into English, plus spelling and grammatical errors in abundance. It stops the reader in their tracks while they take in what is meant, and this breaks the flow of an otherwise decent read.
on 12 June 2013
Having read a lot of science fiction over may years it's always good to find books like this. There's nothing earth shattering about the plot but it's well written and is an enjoyable read. An excellent choice if you want to waste a few hours and of course the price (£0.00) makes it even better :-)
on 16 March 2014
Good read. Really enjoyed this. nice idea. I had a slight problem with distances as I would imagine spacecrafts detecting each other when they were a lot further away then the book implies, and similarly spacecraft would be 30 metres (or similar) away as there are proximity risks.
on 7 August 2014
Good start to a series of books worth reading
on 10 January 2016
Enjoyable read will have to read the others.
on 21 June 2013
Thoroughly enjoyable adventure/SciFi romp. Looking forward to the next book, and it's always nice to see an author that is in touch with his fans via social media. Just don't let it slow down the writing too much!
Thoroughly recommended.