4.0 out of 5 stars Wow. Just.... Wow.
Bought this cooler yesterday, arrived today. I originally had the Vishera FX8350 stock cooler, which proved to be too overpowering on the ears and looked vile too. Temperatures were reaching 61c, which to me is way too much and at night, when you want to chill out gaming, lights off and ambient background music, it killed it, majorly.

Then along came this...
Published 17 months ago by James Garner

1.0 out of 5 stars beware - keep an eye on it.
It was great while it worked. kept my cpu nice and cool under a moderate overclock.

Published 5 months ago by Michael Dyer

1.0 out of 5 stars beware - keep an eye on it., 2 July 2014
This review is from: Corsair CW-9060007-WW Hydro Series H60 High Performance 120mm Rad All-In-One Liquid CPU Cooler (Personal Computers)

The pump however failed in under 5 months. This can be very difficult to spot. You can usually hear the pump starting up when you boot up your PC to let you know its working. failing that, run some software in the background to monitor temps. I suspect the pump may have failed much earlier but crashes only became apparent when summer came around.

5 stars however for amazon customer service who have refunded the purchase, less than 20 minutes after i emailed them i might add.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow. Just.... Wow., 11 July 2013

Then along came this scrumptious little beauty.

Installed it today, wasn't too difficult, would have been easier if I had someone on hand. The manual was descriptive, helpful and concise. You're recommended to install the fans as intake fans, however, I chose not to do this as I have plenty of instakes that work perfectly already.
Connecting the wires was probably the tricky bit, partly because of my sausage fingers and parlty because I couldn't see the connectors, due to such a tight space.
After I'd finished prodding at holes with connectors, I proceeded to turn the whole PC on. Started up straight away, left the side off to check if coolant went spraying everywhere (Which thankfully, it did not), and heard the fans power up. Now, they were audible to start, then the log on screen comes on and they calm down a bit. THEN. if you download corsairs LINK software, you get to control the profiles of each of the fans that came with the cooler. I tested my CPU in quiet mode with OCCT, it hammered my CPU and guess what? On quiet mode, never topped 49c. In fairness it was only a half an hour test, but for fifteen minutes it levelled at 49c. after a few hours I would guess the max it would hit would be around 54c. Which is well within the safety zone.
So, if you haven't guessed I am chuffed to bits with my purchase, quiet mode will be staying permanently on, as it idles at 33c.

Temperature levels are no longer a thing constantly on my mind.

Edit: After changing the position of the cooler to optimise cooling, the screws threaded... Three of them. It seems to be a common problem with the Hydro series models as the metal is rather "Soft", to quote a corsair forum admin. Sent off for a replacement from amazon, if it happens again, I shalln't be using this series again as a cooler is something that should be of great quality and reusable in future builds. -1 star.

4.0 out of 5 stars ***BE WARNED OF HOW YOU INSTALL IT***, 26 July 2013
Matt (South West UK) - See all my reviews
So I installed this fantastic cooler on my new Corsair 650d case, a Z77 Sabertooth housing a i3770k processor running at 3.5ghz. New build, hadn't even installed Windows 7 yet.

It should be noted, that I replaced the stock H100i fans with 2 Corsair SP 120mm fans, "quiet" editions, designed to push air through radiators.

I OC'd the CPU to 4.5ghz via the bios straight away, Windows loaded. Good, no voltage problems then.

Checked the idle temps, they were running at around 35-40c with my CPU OC'd to 4.5ghz. Okay, fine I guessed. Seen higher.

Under full load, after an hour or so of Battlefield 3, I minimized to desktop and checked CPU-Z to see the CPU temps. 80-85c. Wow, that's hot. But hey, I'm OCing.

Turns out, that's actually FAR too hot.

Hmm, problem then. I uninstalled the H100i and looked at the CPU. Only about 3/4 of the CPU was covered in the thermal compound that comes with the H100i pre-applied. That's...weird.

I checked online, and apparently the mounting bracket, although completely symmetrical, HAS JUST ONE WAY TO BE INSTALLED on the back of the motherboard. It has 2 notches that have to be oriented upward. Because the backplate is symmetrical and fits at whatever orientation you want, you never assume you've installed it incorrectly.

This is the single, most common error H100i users make.

I re-oriented the backplate and installed the H100i again, AND swapped the SP fans to the stock ones as, apparently, they run cooler if louder.

Fired her up, checked the idle temps after leaving Windows running for about 10 minutes while I had some lunch.

Idling was now 20-25c across the 4 cores. Played Battlefield 3 for an hour again, same settings, same overclocked as earlier, max temp reached was 63c, the other cores at 59-62c. MASSIVE difference.

Turns out then, that because I orientated the backplate incorrectly, the CPU block fited, BUT, I wasn't getting full, flush contact over the CPU. So my temps went higher than they should have been.

I'm going to wipe away the stock paste and replace it with some Arctic MX-2 paste I just recieved, and I assume it will drop the temps a few more degrees. Because as we should all know - lower temps = more overclocking potential as well as longer component life expectancy.

-------------------------

The radiator, fans and CPU block are easy to install. It's all pre-sealed and liquid filled already, never leaks so don't worry. It's one whole unit, so the radiator, pipes and CPU block are all attached already. You just have to attach the backplate to your motherboard (if you can't access the back of your motherboard via your case, INSTALL THIS BEFORE INSTALLING THE MOTHERBOARD otherwise you have to take the motherboard out), screw in the fans, screw the radiator to the case's ceiling, attach the 2 fans to the adaptor, connect that to the block, connect the included mini-usb to the block and to the motherboard for the software to work, and connect the CPU fan connector to the motherboard, and you're done.

You have to hold the backplate in place as you screw in the mounting screws for the plate that attaches to the CPU block, which you then tighten into place using 4 nice and chunky thumb screws, so it can initially be a bit of a fiddling pain to get the screws into place. More annoying is holding the CPU block in place so you don't smudge the compound around too much when putting the thumb screws on.

Also, for some reason, the stock fans don't have arrows on them to show air movement/direction. I had to refer to my SP fans from Corsair to conclude that if the Corsair logo is facing you, the air is moved away from you.

The stock fans are surprisingly loud under max RPMs. And my PC sounded like a jet taking off when I installed them.

But the H100i comes with incredibly easy to use software that you can control the colour of the CPU block logo, see the CPU temps and voltage, but most importantly, the fan speeds. They were set to max because the SP fans were so quiet, so I set the software to have then running as fast at they could. I changed the setting to "performance" so the fans would throttle up and down when needed, and they instantly went from around 2000 RPM to about 1300, and quietened right down.

I do wear headphones while gaming so don't hear the fans, but taking my headphones off under full load...yeah, the stock fans could be quieter But CPUs are confirmed to run cooler on the stock fans, so it's a sacrifice I'm willing to have.

When I apply the thermal paste, I'll give the fans a run again and see what the temps do. I'll then note them and swap the stock fans for the SP ones I have so they run quieter, and see what the temps do then. Find a balance somehow.

The manual is kind of useless. It just says, for example, "install the fans" with an image. What orientation?

"Connect the backplate and use the screws to secure." Well, it's for AMD AND Intel chips, each requires a different screw type that comes with the H100i. Which type do I use? I'll use this type. Nope, wrong, that's the AMD ones after trying to mount the block and realizing the screws were too short.

Just unnecessary frustration.

Also, the fan connector/adapter you attach to the block that runs the radiator fans is a little flimsy, and hard to install as you can't see the top of the block if your motherboard is in the case (why wouldn't it be if you're installing the radiator?).

So a little finicky to install with slightly dumb instructions but does tell you all you need to do, just not how sometimes, stock fans are slightly too loud under full load but then I am OCing an Ivy Bridge chip, so it's going to get hot.

BUT.

Incredible cooling with a solid, well-made feel.

Worth the purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant All in One Loop, 8 Jan 2013
I bought the H100i as part of a Chassis transplant a couple of weeks ago, sofar everything has been fantastic a exept the fan noise and the pump's SATA power cable is a bit flimsy and cracked when first connected.

It's only 4 Stars because the supplied fans are ridiculously loud at anything over 1000rpm and Corsair's alternative Static pressure fan the SP120QE is a about 50% lower performing.

The fan noise issue was resolved by swapping the SP120L's for a pair of AK-FN058's which have a much better noise to cooling ratio (because you can run them at full speed all the time without any audible noise vs the corsair fans having to run slower for silence and thus giving worse cooling performance)

Stats @ Max fan speed;
AK-FN058 are 1300rpm 57.33CFM @ -16db- & 2.64mm/H2O
vs
SP120L are 2350rpm 62.74CFM @ -35db- & 3.1mm/H2O.

For prospective buyers, get some high pressure silent fans to swap with the SP120L's and use the SP's with a fan controller as a case intake/exhaust.

5.0 out of 5 stars H55 - Quiet & Efficient, 10 Dec 2014
If you're looking at the H55 as an entry into the world of all-in-one liquid coolers, I can assure you that this is a very capable little cooler.

Features:
Unlike its bigger brothers, the H55 isn't really meant for crazy overclocks. The unique feature of this cooler is that it operates very quietly (~1500RPM for the pump), yet manages to cool stock or mildly overclocked CPU effectively. The slim radiator should ensure that it fits most cases without issues and comes with all mounting kits nesescery to be used with both AMD and Intel CPUs.

Noise:
This unit is very quiet, HOWEVER, you must replace the stock fan since it is quite loud and cannot be controlled through the motherboard. The Pump makes a faint buzzing noise and that's about it. Provided you can replace the fan with something more quiet, this unit produces very little noise.

Cooling Performance:
For my system, the H55 keeps the Haswell i5 chip at 35-40c Idle and 45-60c load. This may seem high, but I have configured my system for quietness. I run my fans at 1,000 rpm, so the above is excellent performance for such a small unit.

Cons:
Only one set of screws are provided, therefore you require additional screws for push/pull. No vibration dampening mounts provided, and this can cause problems when the radiator is mounted on cheap cases.

Overall, I recommend this unit. The H55 is a reliable, quite and effective cooler that's only slightly bigger than a 120mm fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazed, 24 Aug 2014
Fantastic! I am honestly blown away by this item in comparison to air cooling. I had a Phanteks PH-TC14PE, which did a reasonable job. Got me to a max of 4.5Ghz but during summer, I had to stop overclocking as the temperatures were overwhelming.

This is only day 2 of having it but I am capable of clocking my 4770k at 4.7Ghz at 75c compared to 4.5ghz going into the mid 80s.

Case is a 530 Phantom and motherboard is a Hero VI.

H100i setup consists of 2 stock fans located at the top and 2 Noctua NF-F12PWM located at the bottom blowing air from outside the case.

Corsair AF140-LED on the side as intake.
Corsair AF140-LED inside blowing towards the GPU.
NZXT 200mm Silent Fan LED Red as exhaust on the front.
Stock fan on the back as exhuast - thinking of replacing this with a Corsair AF120-LED.

Thermal Compound Arctic MX-2. Pea method used when applying and evenly screwed down the waterblock.
Ambient tempatures range from 22-25c
Idle is 24-28c
Vcore at 1.37. Tests were done with 'Intel Extreme Tuning Utility'

Including this info as I know what it's like for researching online about other peoples experiences with overclocking.

Had some slight issues with installation but as this is my first closed loop, it's to be expected.

Still very early days and I have read some horror stories, so I'll try and keep this review updated.

4.0 out of 5 stars and it seemed to be working fine, until later that day, 14 Oct 2014
I really want to give this 5 stars, but after the trouble it put me through, I just can't. I built my first PC the other day, and it seemed to be working fine, until later that day, it turned off without warning. After turning it back on it worked for about 5 minutes, it turned off again. I left it for a while and tried again. It worked for longer but, you guessed it, it turned off again. At first I thought it was a fault with the motherboard, with the Q-code telling me there was a fault found. With some help from the people over at Reddit, I took the cooler off the CPU, cleaned off the thermal paste that comes with the H100i and reapplied some of my own. That stopped the unexpected shutdowns and the problem was solved. Now it is working fine and my CPU is running cooler with my thermal paste than the stuff provided with this cooler. One thing that annoyed me about this cooler was the stiffness of the tubes. It was initially very difficult to install the cooler on the CPU without the radiator getting in the way and banging off the sides of the case, and taking it off to reapply the thermal paste was an absolute chore.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing now my temps are between 9- 27c overclocked to ..., 25 Nov 2014
Amazing now my temps are between 9- 27c

overclocked to 4.2 on my 5820k and 2666 cas 15 ram

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing bit of kit!!!, 18 Jun 2013
Bought this cooler for my new gaming rig. Along with the cooler the key components of my rig are the Zalman Z9 Plus Case, Sabertooth mobo, Intel I5 35700k and the Samsung 840 pro SSD.

First of all the cooler comes with everything you're going to need top get it up and running as it should be. You don't need to buy any wires or anything like that. The only small thing is that or some reason you only get half the number of washers you are supposed to use. I didn't actually use any but still. It comes out of the box fully complete of course and with thermal paste already on the cooling block. My advice is to remove this paste using isopropyl alcohol and a lint free cloth of some sort (people often suggest coffee filters) and apply a better aftermarket compound such as Arctic. In the box you have your wires, instructions, mounting and screws etc. (Note the software is found online: [...]

The instructions are very clear and easy to follow. It took me a while to get everything up and running despite the clear instructions but that was because I already had a heatsink in place as well as a fully assembled PC in a fairly tight case. So for me it was a pain but if you are using this right from the off and you have a big case it will be a breeze to fit this cooler. (note that when you initially fit the bracket on the back of the mobo it feels loose. This worried me but it turned out to be absolutely fine). The wires are very easy to connect providing you have a good understanding of the internals of a PC (which you probably do) and in fact it took me longer to tidy away the cables than to actually connect them.

When it's all in place the cooler looks awesome and in my opinion very stylish too. What makes the look of this thing better is the RGB LED light system that illuminates the logo. The case I use has a window so looking at the Corsair logo all lit up is very cool.

Which leads me on to the software. The link software that controls this cooler is very easy to use and has a surprisingly good level of functionality. You can change the color of the logo, the cycle of colors it uses or even the color you want to represent temperature levels which can be handy (the color change is a sliding scale of red, green and blue which means you can have any color you want). Of course the color of the logo is least important. What makes the software so good (in my opinion) is that you can fully customize the fans to whatever you want (performance, quiet, max etc) and set profiles. This means you can have a profile for performance and a profile for quiet etc. I find this very useful as when I'm playing games I of course want high cooling but this means noise. so I put on my headphones and I cant hear it. If I'm just browsing the web i turn the profile to quiet and it becomes very quiet.

You can also drag and drop the icons that represent the fans etc on to a picture of a PC case so you can easily identify the key components. I of course have the fan icons where my fans are so I can easily click on them and adjust. In the setting page there are lots of options to make the interface more to your liking.

Unfortunately i can't give you statistical information about performance and benchmarks etc however from what I have seen my temps stay nice and low along with the noise level. There are plenty of technical reviews out there which will tell you in great deal how this cooler compares to others (it's up there in the best for this type of cooler and price from what I have read)which I strongly recommend looking at.

So the ideal consumer for this cooler is..
A beginner custom builder who wants low noise, good cooling and simplicity along with the option to make advanced changes to fan settings and other little bits. If youre looking at this cooler and are considering it, just get it and see for yourself.

Awesome cooler!

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice piece of kit for those with smaller setups. Compatible with AMD and Intel!, 11 Nov 2014
I have just finished installing my H80i into my PC. I went from having an overheating CPU (80 degrees C +), because of a stock fan and old thermal paste, to having around 40 degrees C while playing high end games. What was great was that I thought that I would have to remove the motherboard to add a bracket to the back of it, but it turned out that I could just use my stock one! The only real, and minor, problem that I had is that I installed the cooler with the Corsair logo upside down because my RAM was in the way, but oh well. The two fans that come with it are quite loud, but if they perform better than silent ones then why complain.