5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressed
Works great, getting 99% utilization when copying using USB3 and works at 400mb using USB2. Small and compact very handy.
Published 16 months ago by Barry Wells

1.0 out of 5 stars Not compatible with Samsung ARM Chromebook
I bought this as the description states it works with Chromebooks, but this was not recognised by my Samsung ARM Chromebook (perhaps it works with the Intel-based ones). What's more, when testing with my Windows 7 64 bit machine the auto-installation from CD simply opens the driver folder with no indication given how to install the drivers. Simply plugging the adapter in...
Published 16 months ago by G. Brand

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressed, 10 April 2013
This review is from: AnkerŪ Uspeed USB 3.0 to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN Network Adapter [ASIX AX88179 Chipset, USB to RJ45, LED Indicator, 18 Months Warranty] (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works As It Should, 8 April 2013
C. M. Cotton "Chris Cotton" (Europe and USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I have a Dell XPS Ultrabook with a USB 3.0 port but no Earthnet port. I therefore ordered this product to expand the capabilities of my new Ultrabook.

I am not a computer whizz but I found using this dongle type attachment very simple to install and use, when connecting it into a computer using Windows 7 Pro. I simply connected the adapter into the USB 3.0 port and Windows downloaded the required drivers and the dongle worked within a minute of its connection into the computer. It does come with a small driver disc, in case the computer you are using does not have the relevant drivers.

The adapter has been used on a Dell XPS Ultrabook which has limited USB ports. I bought the XPS wanting a small, highly portable computer, but was worried about the limited USB ports and the fact it had no Earthnet port. This simple and relatively small device helps alleviate the potential downside of the Dell Ultrabook ie. having only 1 USB 2.0 and 1 USB 3.0 port. I have found in some London hotels that their WiFi capability is limited and sometimes in certain rooms, non existent. This "dongle" allows you to connect the computer into the wired broadband systems that the hotels provide via the Earthnet cable. Having recently stayed in such a hotel, I had the opportunity to try this device. All I can say is that it worked perfectly and allowed for a very fast broadband experience.

With the apparent quality, size and capabilities of this product, I cannot recommend the Anker Earthnet Adapter enough. It is relatively small and lightweight, has been easy to install, reliable and allows for super fast transfers via the USB 3.0 port. It is proving the perfect accompliment to my Ultrabook.

Highly Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use 'Plug and Play' Gigabit Ethernet Adapter, 11 April 2013
C. Hamer "chrisahamer" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Before I start this review I'd like to point out that Anker gave me this product in exchange for my honest feedback. I have not let the fact I received this item free of charge affect my views.

Owning a MacBook Air is a wonderful thing, not having any ports on it is a massive frustration. I frequently am expected to use a wired internet connection for security purposes so this adapter is just the ticket.

The Adapter itself is nice small and light yet still seems to have been made using high quality plastics which make it both appealing to the eye and hard wearing.

Installing the software is easy once it is downloaded off the website - although a CD is included incase you have access to an optical drive!

I was impressed by the speed of this dongle. At times I have access to 120+ mb per second internet connections and this definitely gave me a speed improvement over the previous USB 2.0 dongle that I was using.
Another neat feature is that there is a 12cm cable between the ethernet adapter and usb connection. This means that there is much more flexibility than some solid plastic dongles that don't have any cable in-between.
Product exterior - size comparisons, weight, finish, etc. - pictures or videos are even better

If you own a new Ultrabook or new Mac this could come in extremely handy as it is surprising to see how many offices still use ethernet connections rather than wireless. The fact that no technical knowledge is required to use it is a huge boon meaning it will probably be one of the more useful products you leave in your laptop bag. This is fully compatible with OS 9 and above on Mac and 2000 (XP) and above on windows!

4.0 out of 5 stars broke after 6 months :( but was sent a replacement :), 8 Jun 2014
Worked fine for 6 months, and then stopped working for no obvious reason. Otherwise I would have given it 5 stars.

---

After posting my original 1 star review, I was contacted by Anker, and they sent me a replacement unit within a few days. Very good customer service, thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great device, no drivers required, 3 Jun 2014
P. Middlemass "middlep1" (Durham, UK) - See all my reviews
As plug and play devices go, this has been the easiest and quickest I have come across to install. It was simply a case of plugging it in and waiting a few seconds for Windows 8.1 to locate and install the drivers.

Quality-wise, the device is good looking, with a glossy finish to the main hub area with a number of LED indicator lights hidden beneath the black tinted plastic.

As for the speed, it's rated as 10/100/1000 gigabit, and it certainly connects to my Dell XPS 15 as and displays 1Gps, although I haven't as yet tested it for actual performance

I have experienced one issue, not with the device itself (hence it still receives 5-stars) but with Windows 8/8.1 and presumably windows 7 and maybe even earlier versions. When I used a laptop power profile other than High Performance the device would automatically turn itself off through Windows' built in USB power saving features. For some reason Windows assumes the device isn't being used after a few minutes and simply turns it off to save power, despite it flashing away transferring network data.

This can be easily fixed with a little know-how through the Windows Device Manager, find the ASIX (chipset used) network adapter properties, goto the power management tab and uncheck the "Allow computer to turn off this device...." option, apply and continue.

Overall, you can't go wrong with this device

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick way to add a gigabit ehternet link, 5 May 2013
I needed to prove wether the network problem I had was du to machine of network card.
I purched this device as a quick fix, but when i cane to using it i faound that is is FASTER than the pci card I have in my machine.
My normal download reat from one machine to another was around 800 megabit, with this device it is now 1000 + megabit.

download form the net is back to my usual 113 megabits.
An excellent device.

Mike
Ps win 7 automatically found newer drivers that on the supplied mini dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent USB Ethernet Adapter, 3 May 2013
When I received my Anker Ethernet/USB adapter I knew I had a quality product. The packing was minimal yet protective. The product itself was very well made and has a slick design.

I did have to manually install the drivers using windows control panel as I could not get it the drivers to boot from the disk (using Windows 7). It might have been me being an idiot though.

Overall it is excellent quality and I also received a follow up email from Anker soon after my purchased, so the customer service is excellent too.

Many thanks and I will keep my eyes open for future Anker products.

5.0 out of 5 stars USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet; excellent with unique signalling LEDs, 15 April 2013
Alberto Pasquale (Modena, Italy) - See all my reviews
There are other adapters based on the same chip, but this one has something that other models miss.
There are 3 LEDs that show very clearly not only the Ethernet Link and traffic, but also the USB 3.0 presence.
And these leds are positioned on the upper cover, where they are clearly visible.
This is and excellent product with something special.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works just as expected, 15 April 2013
Product worked as described and is compact. I plugged it straight in to my laptop (running windows 7) and it found the device driver without the need for the mini CD. Love the indicator lights. I had originally gone for a different gigabit adapter but since they were never able to send it to me, this was my next choice and I am really happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm, 22 Jan 2013
I recently purchased a ultra book that didn't have a Ethernet connection and I am used to transferring large files across my network so I needed a gigabit connection. I run windows 7, I copied the drivers onto a memory stick and installed it, plugged the device in and it has been rock sold and stable.......definately pleased with the purchase and seller !!!!!