on 20 February 2013
I have an iPad 3 and I have a canon 5d iii, which can use SD & CF cards. I have a SD Card reader, which I use all the time with other cameras, but I needed a CF card reader. This works well, even though I get a message on the screen informing me that it is not an Apple approved device. It works and I would happily recommend it to other people. It gets 4 stars due to price. A SD card reader is only £3, but the CF card reader is £11. Why so much difference?
on 15 April 2013
1) Connector is a bit on the short side so had difficulty plugging it in while the ipad cover was in place. Also I couldn't lye the ipad flat because the adaptor was at an angle ( had to have the end of the ipad and adaptor hanging over the edge of the table ( probably not a good thing for people with curious kids or hungry pets ).

2) The ipad complained that the device isn't apple supported, but it still worked ok.

3) Got a Four mainly because A) the price is so cheap (£25 for the dis-appointing Apple camera kit) B) the Apple camera kit still doesn't seem to have a compact flash reader even though lots of photographer forums are crying out for one...
on 20 February 2013
Great little gadget, a must have for any serious photographer with compact flash cards and an iPad 2 !
No issues.
on 5 January 2013
An excellent product at a very reasonable price which makes the transfer of pictures to the iPad both fast and easy
on 10 January 2013
Works fine with ipad 3 straight out of the box. Does its job. Sony alpha compact flash card reads fine.
on 29 April 2014
I bought this to take on holiday, so I could transfer pictures taken on my Canon DSLR to the ipad to better view them and upload to share. It's quite a sturdy device and works well - iOS sees it and offers you the option to import the photos in, then delete if you want.

Not much more to say - it does the job expected and is small and light enough to leave in your camera bag.
on 6 April 2015
I purchased the product for travelling and it works very well with the ipad. Just ignore the warning that it is not a supported device.

I was very happy about the customer service as there was a problem with the first delivery and the client service team went out of their way to get me the device in time without hassle. Great service and product.
on 27 July 2013
I use this device on an ipad 2 running the latest OS. It worked perfectly, straight out of the box with no on screen messages. I did email the supplier about compatibility issues after reading some of the reviews here. They replied within minutes saying it would be fine.....it was. Would have no hesitation in recommending this product.
on 29 January 2014
Received an ipad 3 for Christmas and use a canon 10d which requires a cf card. Unfortunately all I get is an unsupported accessory notification or a message to tell me there is not enough power if I try to connect through the USB. Save your money and do not buy. Or purchase an old ipad and never update it......
on 20 October 2013
This product works very well with a direct connection to the camera and also as a compact flash reader. You will probably get a message saying "Device not supported" after it has been connected, but it doesn't seem to affect the performance at all.