5.0 out of 5 stars What the Kindle Fire HD is built for
Published 18 months ago by RichRoast

3.0 out of 5 stars Annoying.
People complaining that a magazine of this quality with its famous photography and wonderful articles isn't free do not deserve a copy of last week's Sun.
However I can't give the 5 stars I am sure I would give it going by the more rational and intelligent reviews because I can't get past the screen to sign up to email alerts.
Have emailed the devs. Please sort...
Published 9 months ago by Paul Price

5.0 out of 5 stars What the Kindle Fire HD is built for, 2 Feb 2013
This review is from: National Geographic Magazine International (App)
The magazine looks great on a Fire HD. The quality of the Fire's display means photographs and video clips are stunning. As you'd expect from National Geographic the app is of high quality and each copy of the magazine is well worth the 3.99 purchase price. I can't believe the one star reviews complaining that content isn't free. You expect to pay for a magazine in a newsagent, so why not the online version.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great app to read a great magazine, 22 Jan 2013
mark winter - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: National Geographic Magazine International (App)
I have subscribed to National Geographic for several years, and until discovering this app I was quite content reading the paper version.

I was naturally curious about this app, and whether it would let me view the magazine digitally (without a separate subscription). It does. All you need is your reference number which is on the paper slip that comes with your magazine through the post. You can also take out a digital only subscription.

The app provides a simple to use 'reader' for the magazine. It's simple to turn the page, zoom and view pictures (etc)'.

One slight warning is that the magazine takes a whopping 300mb download (so make sure you have enough space) which took around 30mins for me to download.

In summary a great app to compliment an outstanding magazine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 1 Feb 2013
Stephen Hegarty (N. Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: National Geographic Magazine International (App)
I really enjoy this app on my standard kindle fire. Slightly laggy at times but not enough to ruin the mag.
PLEASE NOTE -THE MAGAZINE IS DIGITALLY RELEASED ON THE 1ST OF EVERY MONTH.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 25 Dec 2012
Michael Barry - See all my reviews
This review is from: National Geographic Magazine International (App)
I've been subscribed to NG for a few years, and with this app I get a free electronic copy along with my paper subscription. Even if I didn't already have a subscription though, the app and subsequent required subscription is well worth it in my opinion, stunning pictures like the magazines, but also lots of interactive options, videos, 3D zooming and 360° viewing of pictures. For someone that loves the NG content this is a step up from the paper copy, though I still get that for the posters.

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous, 7 Dec 2012
This review is from: National Geographic Magazine International (App)
A wonderful magazine and really well adapted to the Kindle fire.
Nice read and stunning pictures always available on the go

5.0 out of 5 stars National Geographic, very interesting carefully written for layman and expert., 24 Mar 2013
This review is from: National Geographic Magazine International (App)
It is amazing what in depth information is contained between these covers.
Each edition holds different subjects, new information or updates to previous topics. The layout is just right, with clear diagrams beside the articles when necessary to facilitate understanding. I recommend National Geographic for a consistent interesting and informative read.

4.0 out of 5 stars How handy, 5 Mar 2013
This review is from: National Geographic Magazine International (App)
I've got a paper subscription but this will allow me to read without having to carry the mag around. Only thing is it seems to be a bit slow on getting this months magasine.

3.0 out of 5 stars Annoying., 2 Nov 2013
Paul Price "ironicbliss" (Wales) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: National Geographic Magazine International (App)
Have emailed the devs. Please sort this out so I can amend my rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 8 April 2013
This review is from: National Geographic Magazine International (App)
I love National Geographic, and I love receiving my copy in the post, but having it on my Kindle is even better! Great access to extras including videos and explanations of topics and the photographs look stunning on the HD screen.

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of time and money., 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: National Geographic Magazine International (App)
Having subscribed to the paper edition of National Geographic for a number of years, I was delighted to be able to subscribe to the electronic version. However, having downloaded the Kindle app. and paid for a subscription, to date I have not been able to access the journal. Amazon technicians have been most helpful, but customer service from National Geographic has been wholly unhelpful despite the fact that it is their app. I have now cancelled the subscription and obtained a full refund.

National Geographic Magazine International