on 10 August 2015
Really love this soundtrack to this movie better than the second two, although the others are still good. I also liked the design, which is in a sort of book format, rather than the usual plastic case. It has the two disk pockets on either side of the cover, with the part of the map of middle earth showing from the Shire to the Lonely mountain. In the middle, the booklet is attached into the case, with shots from the movie, lyrics to the songs with singing and a description of the story with the type of music they used for each major scene.
on 22 June 2015
some stuff was as you expected others were annoying as the parts of songs you know from the film are tiny segments in the pieces played.
on 21 September 2013
Obviously the motive for buying this soundtrack is because you enjoyed the film and this music does evoke the enjoyment of the film wonderfully. Good value for money in the length of playtime and the quality of sound is very good. Essentially the music is more of the same from Lord of the Rings but if you're a fan then this is no bad thing and you can immerse yourself in Middle Earth all over again.
on 20 December 2012
Went to see 'The Hobbit etc.,' last night, and have to admit I was probably looking forward to listening to the music just as much as watching the film, and I wasn't disappointed in the slightest. We still play the music from the LOTR trilogy regularly (one of my hubbie's fave CD's and series of films), and the music from 'The Hobbit' was just as melodic and beautiful. Magical!
on 16 December 2012
Amazing album! Loved the way that Shore reuses the old themes of LOTR so you get that sense of familiarity with certain scenes. But then he has created an amazing new theme just for The Hobbit that is just fantastic! The track "The Misty Mountains" is incredibly haunting and the use of all the basses is wonderful! Would definitely recommend this album!!
on 13 March 2013
Howard Shore does it again! Huge fan of all of the Lord of the Rings soundtracks, and this has been added to the collection. I loved the hints of the old soundtracks in it, as well as the continuation of Misty Mountains throughout the tracks. I'm not going to lie; every time I hear the track 'Old Friends' I cry.
on 13 April 2013
I have the original lord of the rings extended soundtracks so this was a must.
My only issue is that they had leathery cases where as this one is printed card.
Otherwise if you wish to be whisked away to Middle Earth on your commute to work hen it's a must
on 14 January 2013
Beautiful music, good account of the first part of the film trilogy of the hobbit, almost all music included and well organised, (not in order of the movie) Bonus track's definitely worth the deluxe edition, especially erabor's theme, it's beautiful
Just love Howard Shore's music for the Tolkein films. I'm probably a bit sad, really! I use it as background music when marking my schoolwork - it's inoffensive but makes a change from classical or any other type of music and suits me just fine.
on 7 February 2013
Loved the film, rushed home to get this cd, can't beat the continued themes from Howard shore and the playfulness as the tacks progress, and finally get to hear the great and mighty Finn writing a track that will play round the world for ages.