5.0 out of 5 stars Accelerated Learning
This book is true to its title. It really does take you from zero to having your own website up and running.

What I like about it is that it assumes that although I am ignorant about WordPress, I am actually a reasonably intelligent person familiar with using a PC and modern software packages.

This means it does not insist on reproducing every...
Published 7 months ago by GreenSpangle

1.0 out of 5 stars I hate this book
I bought this book as although I had been on a 1 day Word press course, I am still a beginner and want to set up a web site. I hated it for 3 main reasons:
- although it said it was useful for web sites it is more geared to bloggers
- it had no index, so if you wanted to find a topic that wasn't in the contents you had to go all through the book. Then if you...
Published 5 months ago by Fabsterabster

5.0 out of 5 stars A must purchase, 6 April 2014
This book has helped me out so much. I feel much more confident with WordPress and designing my own website. I love the easy read and flow of the book and the screen shots are a great help!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good beginners guide, 3 April 2014
Andy Watkins "(Captain Kremmen)" (Reading, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wordpress for Beginners: A Visual Step-by-Step Guide to Creating your Own Wordpress Site in Record Time, Starting from Zero! (Webmaster Series Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
It is FAIRLY good at teaching you all about wordpress and how to use it.

It is VERY good at making suggestions about which specific plugins to use and how to configure them that you may well want in your website.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great first choice for Wordpress beginners, 5 Dec 2013
This is a great value purchase - £2.73 as an ebook - if you are using WP for the first time. I chose it cos of the price tbh, but it covered all I wanted. Few little gems of advice in there which on their own made it a worthwhile read. The author took me through all the stages I needed to make my first site, and gave a few pointers at the end about what to do next, one was to buy his book, the other was to go to his site and sign up for his newsletter, which I am now about to do. If you are not a beginner to wordpress this might not be for you, it seems strongly geared towards new users, that said, it does give a good overview of the main basic features of WP that you will need, so if you think you might be missing something, or want to know you know... then still a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wordpress for beginners, 15 Nov 2013
A useful guide that addresses the essentials of setting up a blog. It may not be enough to support you through all the detailed work you may need to do to get your blog looking and working the way you want. But it will get you started.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guide, 4 Nov 2013
Andy has done his homework. The detail is significant. As with any new learning experience following the recommended route can be a pain, especially if you want to get your hands dirty. At the time of writing this I'm just starting to build my home page. Andy's advice to get organised and diligent is spot on. So, hard yards and good advice. Don't buy this if you expect to have an instant solution. I think the work will go on long after I have finished the rest of the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Clear well laid out, 28 Oct 2013
A good step-by-step guide and well worth the money unlike the electronic version where on my Nexus 7 the diagrams were almost unreadable.
My problem with this order was that the delivery by City Sprint was very delayed. At the review centre this delivery firm gets an average of 1.6 out of 5 based on 117 reviews. It is unfortunate if Amazon sacrifices its excellent reputation by using such a poor service.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful for new bloggers, 27 Oct 2013
This book has really helped me, showing detailed step by step instructions to almost everything. Even had information on what I needed to delete or change to help my seo rather then making it worse, which I now realise I was doing. Plan to try out some of the other books by Dr Williams.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - all you need to know to get up and running, 27 Oct 2013
This is an absolutely EXCELLENT guide for all those of us who just want to know how to set up a basic WordPress site and get on with it! Really easy-to-follow, clear instructions with lots of helpful tips. The screenshots show more or less exactly what you will see when you actually go to set up the site, so very re-assuring for the non-technical amongst us. It takes you through everything right from the beginning of purchasing a domain and webhost to search engine configuration, spam blocking, and of course the look, design, and content of your site. I had to change my webhost in order to get up and running and had no idea how to do that, thanks to this book I sorted it all out and had a new site up and running in a weekend.
Although the book was written a couple of years ago, all the recommended bits and bobs are still out there and still very relevant. I was completely baffled watching YouTube tutorials on how to set up a WordPress site earlier this year, and ended up using some cheap editing software to make a static site instead. I wish I had found this book first and saved myself both the time and money - and ended up with a better-looking, more interesting and better search-engine placed website into the bargain! Highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Wordpress for beginners, 23 Oct 2013
I was hoping this would solve all the issues I have with learning word press, but I was left wanting, This book is a good value and any one setting out to build there own website will not be disappointed with this purchase, you will learn from this book if you are new to word press.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read, straightforward..., 11 Sep 2013
This book is very good, if you start to use WordPress. Easy to read and understand the logic. Definitely worth it.