5.0 out of 5 stars Why can't all guides be like this?
I'm a technophobe at heart, especially where anything to do with IT is concerned. I suspect that the main reason for this is that, lacking any instinctive understanding, I need a detailed instruction manual to help me get to grips with anything that is new to me - and the geeks who are capable of understanding these things seem incapable of writing the sort of manual that...
Published 12 months ago by B J Burton

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very good
Didn't find the basic instructions useful or correct. On following his recommendations on sites to set up name & hosting, I didn't find the instructions from there on to be correct, & had to use technical help to progress.
Published 6 months ago by Alan Gwynant

5.0 out of 5 stars A must purchase, 6 April 2014
This book has helped me out so much. I feel much more confident with WordPress and designing my own website. I love the easy read and flow of the book and the screen shots are a great help!

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book, 4 April 2014
After writing websites in hard coding for several years I thought it time to learn and start using the very popular Wordpress CMS. I purchased the Kindle version and displayed it on a second monitor using the extended desktop display. I also purchased a low cost hosting package from Proserveuk.com with preinstalled Wordpress. There was a minor glitch with installing plugin updates on the shared server but Proserve quickly helped me overcome it. I logged into my account and just followed the book page by page and in no time all I had a Website mapped out and running. The book is easy to follow and you very quickly learn how Wordpress works and how it can be used for writing Blogs, conventional Websites and even combined ones if you are so inclined. This really is an excellent book to have in your programming library and is of great value in helping to steer through the morass of misinformation about Wordpress on the web. I have just ordered the paperback version to have by my side which I anticipate will become well worn into the future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good beginners guide, 3 April 2014
Andy Watkins "(Captain Kremmen)" (Reading, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wordpress for Beginners: A Visual Step-by-Step Guide to Creating your Own Wordpress Site in Record Time, Starting from Zero! (Webmaster Series) (Kindle Edition)
It is FAIRLY good at teaching you all about wordpress and how to use it.

It is VERY good at making suggestions about which specific plugins to use and how to configure them that you may well want in your website.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply the best advice I've found............, 27 Feb 2014
Having spent a number of months getting disheartened and frustrated, I bought this book as a last ditch attempt to get my website going before having to pay someone to do it for me. Setting up a website is not something I'd ever done before so I had no technical knowledge at all. Quite simply, this book is superb. It was just like having the web developer sitting next to me at my desk talking me through every little detail. He 'told me' what to ignore (explaining why as he did so), explained what we were doing and why at every step and the pictures aligned to what was on my screen as I went along. Two days later I had a website and now I am actually changing the theme and altering things with confidence. I simply cannot rate this book highly enough. Thank you Andy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great first choice for Wordpress beginners, 5 Dec 2013
This is a great value purchase - 2.73 as an ebook - if you are using WP for the first time. I chose it cos of the price tbh, but it covered all I wanted. Few little gems of advice in there which on their own made it a worthwhile read. The author took me through all the stages I needed to make my first site, and gave a few pointers at the end about what to do next, one was to buy his book, the other was to go to his site and sign up for his newsletter, which I am now about to do. If you are not a beginner to wordpress this might not be for you, it seems strongly geared towards new users, that said, it does give a good overview of the main basic features of WP that you will need, so if you think you might be missing something, or want to know you know... then still a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wordpress for beginners, 15 Nov 2013
A useful guide that addresses the essentials of setting up a blog. It may not be enough to support you through all the detailed work you may need to do to get your blog looking and working the way you want. But it will get you started.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guide, 4 Nov 2013
Andy has done his homework. The detail is significant. As with any new learning experience following the recommended route can be a pain, especially if you want to get your hands dirty. At the time of writing this I'm just starting to build my home page. Andy's advice to get organised and diligent is spot on. So, hard yards and good advice. Don't buy this if you expect to have an instant solution. I think the work will go on long after I have finished the rest of the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Clear well laid out, 28 Oct 2013
A good step-by-step guide and well worth the money unlike the electronic version where on my Nexus 7 the diagrams were almost unreadable.
My problem with this order was that the delivery by City Sprint was very delayed. At the review centre this delivery firm gets an average of 1.6 out of 5 based on 117 reviews. It is unfortunate if Amazon sacrifices its excellent reputation by using such a poor service.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful for new bloggers, 27 Oct 2013
This book has really helped me, showing detailed step by step instructions to almost everything. Even had information on what I needed to delete or change to help my seo rather then making it worse, which I now realise I was doing. Plan to try out some of the other books by Dr Williams.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - all you need to know to get up and running, 27 Oct 2013
This is an absolutely EXCELLENT guide for all those of us who just want to know how to set up a basic WordPress site and get on with it! Really easy-to-follow, clear instructions with lots of helpful tips. The screenshots show more or less exactly what you will see when you actually go to set up the site, so very re-assuring for the non-technical amongst us. It takes you through everything right from the beginning of purchasing a domain and webhost to search engine configuration, spam blocking, and of course the look, design, and content of your site. I had to change my webhost in order to get up and running and had no idea how to do that, thanks to this book I sorted it all out and had a new site up and running in a weekend.
Although the book was written a couple of years ago, all the recommended bits and bobs are still out there and still very relevant. I was completely baffled watching YouTube tutorials on how to set up a WordPress site earlier this year, and ended up using some cheap editing software to make a static site instead. I wish I had found this book first and saved myself both the time and money - and ended up with a better-looking, more interesting and better search-engine placed website into the bargain! Highly recommended.

ARRAY(0xa587f390)