4.0 out of 5 stars Not an exact retrofit
Published on 9 Jun. 2012 by J. Robinson

3.0 out of 5 stars One of these flickers in my bathroom, then works ...
One of these flickers in my bathroom, then works ok when moved to a different socket but then some other one flickers instead. The problem could be due to my transformer which was installed for the existing halogen lights. I'll sort it out some day.
Published 3 months ago by S. Augustin

4.0 out of 5 stars Not an exact retrofit, 9 Jun. 2012
J. Robinson (Wiltshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Please be aware that these are not an exact retrofit for the MR16 bulbs, they are slightly longer than the 12V MR16 halogen bulbs and so will not suit all light fittings, especially those light fitting that are a snug fit with little margin on both sides of the bulb length, note the diameter is fine - just the length. Note that I had to use an led driver transformer, which is recommended by the seller, so please factor this in to the overall cost and check that the led driver transformer will fit into your light fitting, ideally it should replace the existing transformer. Apart from this the bulb itself is fine and brighter than the 20W halogen bulbs they replaced.

4.0 out of 5 stars Safety warning!, 13 Dec. 2012
I. Baxter "the wingnut" (lincs uk) - See all my reviews
I bought one of these to replace a 12v 18w projector type lamp in a fibre-optic Xmas tree,as the old lamp was slowly melting all the plastic works holding the lamp and colour wheel.( if you've got a tree like this, check it NOW!)After a bit of modification of the components in the tree base to make it fit,( LED lamps can be up to 1cm. taller than their IQ counterparts)I connected up the PSU with it's simple mains transformer,and it all worked! I figure that the increase in efficiency and cost saving is neither here nor there considering it'll only be on for a few days a year, but not setting the house on fire is a definate plus! The vendor also sends you an email with useful product installation info somewhat marred by being written in Pidgeon English,Japlish or similar. The product arrived on time, in good working order,well packed and fairly well priced, although I'll bet they'll be selling a fraction of todays prices next Xmas.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the same as halogen, 12 Oct. 2012
I recently moved house and wanted to replace 950W (19 50Ws) of halogen with something a little cheaper to run. I original just brought the bulbs and attemted to run them off my existing 12V transformers - some seemed to work okay but others flickered. My transformers were only rated down to 10W so to be fair it was a bit of a stretch to expect them to drive these 4W's. I found some 6W transformers on amazon LED CONSTANT VOLTAGE DRIVER 12VOLT 6WATTS which once installed ran the LED's flicker free.

The bulbs themselves fitted into my existing down light housings after a little adjustment of the housing (the LED's have a bigger back). The resultant light is different from the halogens. The light is slightly cooler (not unpleasantly so) but it is a more focused spot. This means I get noticeable light and dark areas which is not ideal however I'm prepared to live with it. I tried some 7W LED's to see if these would be any better but I did not notice any difference apart from the price so I'd stick with the 4W's.

All bulbs have worked fine now for a few months and hopefully will continue to do so for many years!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright light, 29 Mar. 2013
J. Lynch (Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
This replaced a 50w spotlight lamp and it was a good choice. The lamp is bright and there is little differnce between the LED and the original lamp. Should give a nice saving over time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Doing the job, 29 Nov. 2013
This review is from: EnergyBrite, MR16 4w 12V LED Bulb GU5.3 Warm White 3000k, Energy Saving (Kitchen & Home)
Arrived promptly and used to replace a 50w halogen bulb. Doing a good job with a minimal flicker in one bulb but as it shines to outside the house not really an issue. Should have researched more as 45 degree angle of light is not quite as wide as other outside lioghts which appear to have 90 degree angle. Will do for present.

4.0 out of 5 stars The best I've tried so far, 17 Aug. 2013
LED lamps keep getting better and these are brighter and a better colour temperature than earlier lamps I've used. I think they are very close to the brightness of a 50w halogen and save a lot of energy (and heat). I installed two as kitchen down lighters in March 2013 and no problems so far.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very bright, warm light but slightly longer than halogen bulbs, 23 Mar. 2013
I tried several alternatives and this is certainly the best I've found so far. Warm light, very bright and also looks better than the alternatives. It feels high quality too. It is slightly longer than halogen bulbs, so beware.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bulb, shame about the prime delivery, 4 Aug. 2014
Unit is exactly as wanted. But, I took out an Amazon prime trial in order to get next day delivery (to be delivered on Saturday) as the bulb needed fitting (halfway up a mast on a yacht on Sunday) but the unit didn't get delivered until we'd already left on Sunday (a mistake in the delivery logistics). So, 5 stars for the bulb, 3 stars for the delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars 4W LED lights tested and easily achieved 380 Lumens, 15 Feb. 2012
I have taken delivery of five MR16 4W LED lights. Each of these lights were individually tested for lumens at 1m and at the surface of eating height off a breakfast bar some 1.35m from the light source. I used a light sensor with an accuracy of +/- 5% of reading with a +/- 2% repeatability. At 1m the lights were well within specification (480Lux) and even at 1.35m, I was reading a value of over 380 Lux. The colour temperature of the light was warm white, a pre-requisite for my wife as she cannot stand the blue-white light of conventional bright white. I cannot understand one of the negative feedbacks which seems to have no technical substantiation and is misleading if not mischievous at best.
I am now a month into using the lights and the Lux densities have not changed. It is often quoted to not mix halogens with LED's and I would agree as there are slightly different colour densities and diffusion of the light.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 15 Feb. 2013
Product arrived the next day on standard delivery option, product gets a little hot but considering the amout of light they throw out it is not a problem, very low power usage, very bright lights