5.0 out of 5 stars So far pleased
I bought these gloves mainly for dog walking. There seemed to be a bit of a mixed review but I decided to take the plunge. I am more than happy with them.

Published on 22 Nov 2012 by D. W. Lightfoot

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not warm
I do circuit training outdoors and in all weathers. I bought these gloves in the hope they would make my reynaud's syndrome (numb fingers from cold) a little less painful during winter.

These gloves are great if all you want is to keep your hands dry.
Published on 21 April 2012 by Ms. Scott-farrington

5.0 out of 5 stars So far pleased, 22 Nov 2012

I am a size 10.5 glove so ordered the XL size, according to the packet this is a UK size 11. The fit is generally good. They are marked as close fitting, which is perfecty true, the only part which is a little too close fitting is the bottom of the fingers. The fingers appear to be designed to be the same width at the top and the bottom. As fingers are thicker at the bottom rather than at the tips this is a little design fault. I must stress that this is a minor point and I can easily live with it. If you like yoour gloves to be loose I would suggest that you do not buy these gloves. The gloves come over the wrist and are comfortable and they are correctly titled as being ultra grip.

As to their thermal rating SealSkinz use a 1 to 5 rating with 1 being for mild weather and 5 for extreme cold weather conditions. These gloves are marked as thermal rating 2. I have found them to be warm, mainly because your hands do not get wet and as such retain the heat. The great advantage is that with being breathable my hands were not damp or wet through sweat.

I found them to be waterproof. There were used walking our dog. I am constantly picking up the dogs foam ball which absorbs water. With other gloves I would have wet hands but with these gloves my hands remained dry. I have also used them in heavy rain and my hands stayed dry.

When you compare the price to other performance gloves they are not that expensive.

Overall I am very pleased with the gloves. I will now be considering buying other SealSkinz products. I would recommend them.

UPDATE

I have been using these gloves now for over a week. They have remained waterproof during heavy rain and also when picking balls and sticks off wet ground for the dog. When I take them off after use in wet weather I find that it is very important to dry them before their next use. If I leave them wet for a few hours I find that the insides of the gloves are damp.

What I have found it that the knitted material on the outside has started to pull and best described as bobble as it catches on the velcro on the cuffs of my walking jacket. Currently it is not too bad and the gloves still look okay and are doing their job. It is one thing that I will monitor over the winter and if there are any problems I will update this page. I still would recommend them.

I am looking at getting the Sealskins Nordic for the colder days. In the December 2012 Cycling Active magazine the Nordic gloves scored 10/10 in their review of 7 winter cycling gloves. Cycling Active marked them as 'recommended'. I have found them cheaper away from Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars SealSkinz Ultra Grip Glove, 19 Jan 2010
Allan S. Mitchell "A Mitchell" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Got these for christmas, had been asked by the in-laws what I would want.
A pair of waterproof gloves for hillwalking and climbing that would be warm in the winter, wind resistant and I wouldnt have to take them off to put on my crampons, take pictures with a small compact camera.
Result, they done all the research and got me these. They are 100% waterproof, warm upto minus 10 with a further windchill factor of -10, and I dont have to take them off to iperate the small buttons on my camera, just a bit of practice.
The grip is great, can do my zips and straps even when they are covered in snow and ice.
Only downside is that when you stop moving the slight moisture build up at such low temp and high altitude does sap the heat. When you start moving again hands heat up in minutes, but if you were maybe climbing these wouldnt be the best.
Think they are so good Im getting a second pair to swap with when I stop at the top of a Munro.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not warm, 21 April 2012

These gloves are great if all you want is to keep your hands dry.
However, they're not warm at all, they absorb moisture in their outside neoprene-like layer and that just makes them super refrigerated when the wind blows on them.

They're thick and durable, so protect your mitts against gravel etc and are great all-round gloves if it's just cold and not wet out.
But I suppose that kinda defeats the object of getting waterproof gloves if you're only wearing them when it's dry...

I like them more than wearing running gloves, as they're more hard-wearing but they're no good for keeping your hands warm.

Hope this helps

5.0 out of 5 stars really waterproof gloves, 14 Mar 2012
Do a milk round so out in all weathers. This is the second pair of sealskinz gloves i've had. Really waterproof and warm and the grips mean I can keep them on all the time and still grip the bottles. Wouldn't buy any other sort now and the last pair I had lasted a long time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gloves, 2 May 2012
D. Cavers (Lothians, Scotland) - See all my reviews
These gloves are very good for keeping your hand and fingers warm in wet conditions. Even when water gets in on the inside. I have used them in a variety of activities and the 'sticky' fingers and palms allow you to hold things like compasses and paddles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent gloves, 29 Sep 2011
Brilliant for cold weather cycling. They are comfortable and seem pretty weatherproof. You probably wouldn't want to wear them on days which are anything other than downright cold, though. Good for winter, then.

5.0 out of 5 stars waterproof and comfortable Sealskinz gloves from Amazon, 20 Nov 2012
This product is first class. It does exactly as described in promotion. These are comfortable gloves, with a merino wool lining and waterproof with an excellent grip. I have just been walking my dogs for a couple of hours in continuous rain and my hands remained warm because they were dry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gloves for postie-ing!, 22 Nov 2011
Bought these to use over the winter in my job as a postie. As I spend 5 hours a day delivering mail by bike on a rural route I get exposed to some pretty frightful weather. We only get issued with woolly fingerless mits as we have to be able to grip the mail but I ended up with ice cold fingers so decided to take action! I've been using sealskinz socks for years so I knew the concept was good. These Ultra Grip gloves keep my hands dry and provide a bit of thermal comfort and the grippy pads allow me to keep control of the mail. They wont keep my hands toastie in the worst of the weather (not designed for that) but I didn't want anything too thick as I knew I'd lose dexterity. I can stick my issue mits over the top in the worst weather and leave my finger ends operational anyway. They do feel a bit weird when you first use them (like the socks do) but a few hours with them on and you get use to them.
If you need to protect those fingers from the worst of the winter weather but need your dexterity I say get some.

3.0 out of 5 stars Jack of all trades master at none, 10 Oct 2009
Chapers04 (Southampton, UK) - See all my reviews
I work in a cold environment from room temperature and down to -25. Thes gloves made my work mates jelous as they wouldnt be out of place on the hands of the caped crusader, however for the price i would of expected better. While these gloves are waterproof sadly this just means water sticks to the outside and instantly freezes which negates the grip (which is good generally), they are not particularly warm and perform little better than inners and my main problem was that while flexible the 'wetsuit' style fabric gives elastic resistance so if you are trying to write for example its a pain. Would recommend Inners and if you need the warmth a set of thermals you can slip on when needed

4.0 out of 5 stars Sealskinz Men's Ultra Grip Gloves - Hi Vis, 8 April 2014
I have worn these right through a Scottish winter. In my case they are a snug fit with good mobility and are certainly Hi Vis. They exhibit a curious phenomenon whereby at the start of a run for a few minutes they feel like they are not going to work. However, the rest of the time they have kept my hands toasty warm in all temperatures encountered so far (probably down to -5C). I try to avoid cycling in heavy rain but I did for the first time on Saturday and discovered like another reviewer that they don't seem to be waterproof at all.