4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant All in One Loop
I bought the H100i as part of a Chassis transplant a couple of weeks ago, sofar everything has been fantastic a exept the fan noise and the pump's SATA power cable is a bit flimsy and cracked when first connected.

Published 18 months ago by maz

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty Unit
cooler started leaking from where the pumps go in to the rad and I was treating it like a pane of glass. I reckon it was a faulty unit but put me off nonetheless
Published 4 months ago by Steven Gonzalez

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant All in One Loop, 8 Jan 2013
This review is from: Corsair Hydro Series H100i All-In-One 240mm Digital High Performance Rad Liquid Cooler for CPU (Personal Computers)

It's only 4 Stars because the supplied fans are ridiculously loud at anything over 1000rpm and Corsair's alternative Static pressure fan the SP120QE is a about 50% lower performing.

The fan noise issue was resolved by swapping the SP120L's for a pair of AK-FN058's which have a much better noise to cooling ratio (because you can run them at full speed all the time without any audible noise vs the corsair fans having to run slower for silence and thus giving worse cooling performance)

Stats @ Max fan speed;
AK-FN058 are 1300rpm 57.33CFM @ -16db- & 2.64mm/H2O
vs
SP120L are 2350rpm 62.74CFM @ -35db- & 3.1mm/H2O.

For prospective buyers, get some high pressure silent fans to swap with the SP120L's and use the SP's with a fan controller as a case intake/exhaust.

4.0 out of 5 stars ***BE WARNED OF HOW YOU INSTALL IT***, 26 July 2013
Matt (South West UK) - See all my reviews
So I installed this fantastic cooler on my new Corsair 650d case, a Z77 Sabertooth housing a i3770k processor running at 3.5ghz. New build, hadn't even installed Windows 7 yet.

It should be noted, that I replaced the stock H100i fans with 2 Corsair SP 120mm fans, "quiet" editions, designed to push air through radiators.

I OC'd the CPU to 4.5ghz via the bios straight away, Windows loaded. Good, no voltage problems then.

Checked the idle temps, they were running at around 35-40c with my CPU OC'd to 4.5ghz. Okay, fine I guessed. Seen higher.

Under full load, after an hour or so of Battlefield 3, I minimized to desktop and checked CPU-Z to see the CPU temps. 80-85c. Wow, that's hot. But hey, I'm OCing.

Turns out, that's actually FAR too hot.

Hmm, problem then. I uninstalled the H100i and looked at the CPU. Only about 3/4 of the CPU was covered in the thermal compound that comes with the H100i pre-applied. That's...weird.

I checked online, and apparently the mounting bracket, although completely symmetrical, HAS JUST ONE WAY TO BE INSTALLED on the back of the motherboard. It has 2 notches that have to be oriented upward. Because the backplate is symmetrical and fits at whatever orientation you want, you never assume you've installed it incorrectly.

This is the single, most common error H100i users make.

I re-oriented the backplate and installed the H100i again, AND swapped the SP fans to the stock ones as, apparently, they run cooler if louder.

Fired her up, checked the idle temps after leaving Windows running for about 10 minutes while I had some lunch.

Idling was now 20-25c across the 4 cores. Played Battlefield 3 for an hour again, same settings, same overclocked as earlier, max temp reached was 63c, the other cores at 59-62c. MASSIVE difference.

Turns out then, that because I orientated the backplate incorrectly, the CPU block fited, BUT, I wasn't getting full, flush contact over the CPU. So my temps went higher than they should have been.

I'm going to wipe away the stock paste and replace it with some Arctic MX-2 paste I just recieved, and I assume it will drop the temps a few more degrees. Because as we should all know - lower temps = more overclocking potential as well as longer component life expectancy.

-------------------------

The radiator, fans and CPU block are easy to install. It's all pre-sealed and liquid filled already, never leaks so don't worry. It's one whole unit, so the radiator, pipes and CPU block are all attached already. You just have to attach the backplate to your motherboard (if you can't access the back of your motherboard via your case, INSTALL THIS BEFORE INSTALLING THE MOTHERBOARD otherwise you have to take the motherboard out), screw in the fans, screw the radiator to the case's ceiling, attach the 2 fans to the adaptor, connect that to the block, connect the included mini-usb to the block and to the motherboard for the software to work, and connect the CPU fan connector to the motherboard, and you're done.

You have to hold the backplate in place as you screw in the mounting screws for the plate that attaches to the CPU block, which you then tighten into place using 4 nice and chunky thumb screws, so it can initially be a bit of a fiddling pain to get the screws into place. More annoying is holding the CPU block in place so you don't smudge the compound around too much when putting the thumb screws on.

Also, for some reason, the stock fans don't have arrows on them to show air movement/direction. I had to refer to my SP fans from Corsair to conclude that if the Corsair logo is facing you, the air is moved away from you.

The stock fans are surprisingly loud under max RPMs. And my PC sounded like a jet taking off when I installed them.

But the H100i comes with incredibly easy to use software that you can control the colour of the CPU block logo, see the CPU temps and voltage, but most importantly, the fan speeds. They were set to max because the SP fans were so quiet, so I set the software to have then running as fast at they could. I changed the setting to "performance" so the fans would throttle up and down when needed, and they instantly went from around 2000 RPM to about 1300, and quietened right down.

I do wear headphones while gaming so don't hear the fans, but taking my headphones off under full load...yeah, the stock fans could be quieter But CPUs are confirmed to run cooler on the stock fans, so it's a sacrifice I'm willing to have.

When I apply the thermal paste, I'll give the fans a run again and see what the temps do. I'll then note them and swap the stock fans for the SP ones I have so they run quieter, and see what the temps do then. Find a balance somehow.

The manual is kind of useless. It just says, for example, "install the fans" with an image. What orientation?

"Connect the backplate and use the screws to secure." Well, it's for AMD AND Intel chips, each requires a different screw type that comes with the H100i. Which type do I use? I'll use this type. Nope, wrong, that's the AMD ones after trying to mount the block and realizing the screws were too short.

Just unnecessary frustration.

Also, the fan connector/adapter you attach to the block that runs the radiator fans is a little flimsy, and hard to install as you can't see the top of the block if your motherboard is in the case (why wouldn't it be if you're installing the radiator?).

So a little finicky to install with slightly dumb instructions but does tell you all you need to do, just not how sometimes, stock fans are slightly too loud under full load but then I am OCing an Ivy Bridge chip, so it's going to get hot.

BUT.

Incredible cooling with a solid, well-made feel.

Worth the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing bit of kit!!!, 18 Jun 2013
Bought this cooler for my new gaming rig. Along with the cooler the key components of my rig are the Zalman Z9 Plus Case, Sabertooth mobo, Intel I5 35700k and the Samsung 840 pro SSD.

First of all the cooler comes with everything you're going to need top get it up and running as it should be. You don't need to buy any wires or anything like that. The only small thing is that or some reason you only get half the number of washers you are supposed to use. I didn't actually use any but still. It comes out of the box fully complete of course and with thermal paste already on the cooling block. My advice is to remove this paste using isopropyl alcohol and a lint free cloth of some sort (people often suggest coffee filters) and apply a better aftermarket compound such as Arctic. In the box you have your wires, instructions, mounting and screws etc. (Note the software is found online: [...]

The instructions are very clear and easy to follow. It took me a while to get everything up and running despite the clear instructions but that was because I already had a heatsink in place as well as a fully assembled PC in a fairly tight case. So for me it was a pain but if you are using this right from the off and you have a big case it will be a breeze to fit this cooler. (note that when you initially fit the bracket on the back of the mobo it feels loose. This worried me but it turned out to be absolutely fine). The wires are very easy to connect providing you have a good understanding of the internals of a PC (which you probably do) and in fact it took me longer to tidy away the cables than to actually connect them.

When it's all in place the cooler looks awesome and in my opinion very stylish too. What makes the look of this thing better is the RGB LED light system that illuminates the logo. The case I use has a window so looking at the Corsair logo all lit up is very cool.

Which leads me on to the software. The link software that controls this cooler is very easy to use and has a surprisingly good level of functionality. You can change the color of the logo, the cycle of colors it uses or even the color you want to represent temperature levels which can be handy (the color change is a sliding scale of red, green and blue which means you can have any color you want). Of course the color of the logo is least important. What makes the software so good (in my opinion) is that you can fully customize the fans to whatever you want (performance, quiet, max etc) and set profiles. This means you can have a profile for performance and a profile for quiet etc. I find this very useful as when I'm playing games I of course want high cooling but this means noise. so I put on my headphones and I cant hear it. If I'm just browsing the web i turn the profile to quiet and it becomes very quiet.

You can also drag and drop the icons that represent the fans etc on to a picture of a PC case so you can easily identify the key components. I of course have the fan icons where my fans are so I can easily click on them and adjust. In the setting page there are lots of options to make the interface more to your liking.

Unfortunately i can't give you statistical information about performance and benchmarks etc however from what I have seen my temps stay nice and low along with the noise level. There are plenty of technical reviews out there which will tell you in great deal how this cooler compares to others (it's up there in the best for this type of cooler and price from what I have read)which I strongly recommend looking at.

So the ideal consumer for this cooler is..
A beginner custom builder who wants low noise, good cooling and simplicity along with the option to make advanced changes to fan settings and other little bits. If youre looking at this cooler and are considering it, just get it and see for yourself.

Awesome cooler!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 24 July 2013
I Construct gaming PC's for a living.

I recently decided to build my own rig, and to take it look al nice i wanted one of these in.

Its amazing, very silent even with the default fans, you can customize the led glow color to make it match the rest of the rig for a really nice, sleek professional looking PC.

i love this product so i gave it 5/5 HOWEVER, from the 100's of overclocked pc's i've built, i can tell you with 100% confidence, this thing doesn't actually cool that much better then say a cooler master evo212.

now it does cool a little bit better, but not enough to justify the extra 70

but this product if :
You want a super nice tidy inside of your pc ( which also helps general airflow )
You want a good vacuum ( trust me you do ) sucking the air our of your pc.
You have spare money

Do not buy this product if:
Your building on a budget, get the coolermaster evo 212, its 20 and only just a little bit worse then this...

So yeah, overall it does the job, looks pretty neat, keeps the system clean looking, but its not something i could without guilt say to you is worth paying the extra 70 over a evo 212.

Hope this helps some people

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic cooler, 10 April 2013
S. Ali - See all my reviews
ive overclocked my i7 ivy 3770k to 4.2 ghz using xmp profile on the asus z77 deluxe mobo and the cpu don't go over 30c on idle.
[...] for a review im very happy with this cooler. just be sure u have a large enough case and can house 140mm fans ive got the cm cosmos and it fits fine at the top.

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty Unit, 11 Mar 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, quiet cooling!, 21 April 2013
Mr. S. Potts (UK) - See all my reviews
The H80i looks and feels like a premium piece of kit when you first take it out of the neat packaging. Then after a pain free installation you get to enjoy fantastic cooling that is quiet and stylish thanks to its lit up corsair logo that can be any colour you choose. The control software is simple and very effective too and that helps to make the whole setup smoother and feel first class.

Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just installed this yesterday, 20 April 2013
I have an Asus Z77 Sabertooth motherboard and a coolermaster CM690 II Advanced case. I'll make a list of the issues/non issues I encountered: -

I have read in reviews before that there are sometimes missing accessories with this product and yes I did have a few missing ones but nothing essential. I had 4 washers instead of 8 but .. it's a couple of washers; I don't think writing 10 emails complaining to corsair is necessary when it's fine without them. I was suppose to get 8 small screws but I didn't get any, I never worked out where I would have actually put them though. There were 4 additional (unnecessary) pieces included that didn't fit into anything.

Secondly, I have 8GB (2x 4GB) of Corsair Dominator ram with the airflow accessory. The airflow doesn't fit on comfortably anymore. If I upgraded to 16GB of ram it'll be a tight squeeze to get it in, if it fits at all.

Other than that it was fine. The thermal armour doesn't really get in the way.

I have a 3.5 GHz Core i7-3770k which idles at 19-20 degrees with this cooler. (Cleaned off the pre installed cooling paste and put on Arctic Silver). Playing Bioshock Infinite on maximum settings and 1080p it sits at 29 degrees; fans are nowhere near full speed. I do not have it overclocked.

It is not noisy unless you have your computer right beside your head with the side of the case opened, in a silent room.

Worked first time I turned it on, no problems.

Very happy with my purchase

EDIT:
Just so you know the 19-20 degrees was also due to the weather conditions, in the hot summer months it sat around 24/26 degrees, back down to 20 now (I live in Northern Ireland).

Just to clarify with the RAM, it was the pipes coming from the pump on the CPU that touched my RAM. They now touch the air cooler that came with the RAM so I'm not worried.

No problems whatsoever with this cooler to date

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Well, But Caused So Much Frustration, 30 Oct 2013
Since building my gaming PC back in January I have been using a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heatsink, which has done the job, but not as effectively as I wanted it to. I had always left my i5 3570k CPU on its default clock speed (3.4GHz), but I wanted to have space to overclock my system, so I decided to go with water cooling to compensate the higher temperatures. At first I purchased a cheaper liquid cooler, called the Cooler Master Seidon 120mm. After receiving this cooler I installed it perfectly fine, only to find that it rattled horribly when in operation, so I had to send it back and claim a refund. Anyhow, long story short, I went with the Corsair H60 as it was slightly more expensive and seemed more reliable.

The H60 comes packaged very nicely and is as you'd expect from Corsair. With my order I had also purchased a Corsair CO-9050005-WW Air Series SP120 fan to replace the stock fan which comes with the H60, as a few reviews had mentioned it being noisy. As a quick note, I'd highly recommend buying this fan as it offers high pressure fan flow without any noise whatsoever, and for 10 you can make this liquid cooler silent. Anyhow, so the problems soon arose with the H60 when I near-finished its installation. The radiator and fan installed perfectly fine to my system without problems, but the CPU contact which goes over the CPU took me over 6 hours to install... yes, 6 hours. Basically, one of the four screws which goes into the backplate would not screw down into a tight position. As a result, I had 3/4 screws nice and tight holding the CPU down, but the last one got stuck half way, meaning one corner of the CPU was not in contact with the cooler. I decided to run some tests anyway to see if it did work despite the half-screwed mess it was in, and I had temperatures of over 50 degrees idle, meaning there was a serious problem. Hours later I decided to remove everything and try again, and upon lifting the contact off my CPU, I could see that one corner of my CPU had no thermal paste on it, meaning I was correct in the fact that one corner was not screwed down enough.

Upon re-installing all the parts second time round (following both the manual and YouTube videos), the same problem happened again. One of the four screws would not screw down far enough into the backplate, meaning the cooler on top of my CPU was not as tight and flush as it should be. So, I spent about 3 hours trying to screw in a screw, and I quite literally (I kid you not) reached the point of almost picking up my expensive gaming PC and throwing it out my window, that's how annoyed I was. Then, somehow after sustaining my sanity I managed to get the screw to go somewhat tight and rigid, and the cooler contact seemed to be flush with my CPU, despite the screw never being fully screwed down. I was so desperate here that I was using pliers to tighten it, and my fingers are blistered from doing so.

After a hard day's work I turned on my PC again, and thank god, the temperature seemed much more stable. With the cooler installed and my CPU now overclocked to 4.0GHz I am getting around 31 degrees idle and 60 degrees max whilst heavy gaming. Using Prime95 the temperatures did go higher to around 80 degrees, but that was on 100% max load and max power, which I am unlikely to reach with casual gaming or computer use, and I believe my CPU has a 105 degrees max temperature anyway. So overall my temperatures seem good now, but I can't help but wonder if they'd be even better had the screw gone in as it should have done.

So my advice to anyone buying this product is:
- Watch plenty of installation tutorials and take your time installing it
- Buy a different fan for the radiator to make it silent
- Remain sane and avoid throwing your expensive system out a window

EDIT AS OF A WEEK AFTER REVIEW:
I have just received a replacement backplate and set of screws from Corsair, which they sent for free after I contacted them about my problems, which is excellent customer service. I have reinstalled the entire H60 cooler into my PC and used different thermal paste this time (Cooler Master High Performance stuff). In addition, I added a secondary fan to the radiator, meaning I have a push-pull configuration in my PC now. Temperature have reduced significantly from this re installation and added fan. On idle the lowest temperature was 25 degrees, whilst reaching a max of about 33/34 degrees. On maximum load using Prime95, the highest temperature is now 57 degrees, although on average is stayed at around 53-55, which is amazing for maximum load. Also, when gaming your CPU doesn't often use 100% load on your CPU, so temperatures are often even lower in games!

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Amazing, 14 Jun 2013
Morag Orr (Motherwell, SCOTLAND) - See all my reviews
The AMD stock cooler fan is ridiculously loud, like, unfathomably loud. So after looking around at air coolers and such I finally decided on the H80i. With great anticipation it arrived after 4 days, installation was easy enough as I have been building computers for quite a while, some of the cables, the Corsair Link one for example, was a bit fiddly to fit after installing both fans on the rad.

After booting up the PC I turned on prime95 and checked the AXTU which came with my motherboard to test the temps, on the stock cooler. At load on the stock cooler my CPU was at 80-88 degrees, and now with the H80i installed (with the fans set to QUIET!) only 46 degrees! and essentially silent! I was amazed.

The Corsair Link software is very good, allowing me to check temps, change fan speeds, LED colour and much more.

Over all I definitely recommend this unit, not only would it fit in almost any case, but with a 5 year warranty it's expected to be very reliable too!