4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and effective
For the price, this is a great bit of kit. Other than being a little bit noisy when writing to disks, it's pretty much perfect. Barebones of course, so no cables etc. included - but if you're replacing a dead drive like I was then this doesn't matter.

There is a newer firmware available (dated 16th January 2013) than the version that mine arrived with...
Published on 2 Feb. 2013 by M. Bradford

1.0 out of 5 stars Stand by for takeoff!
This is the noisiest drive I have ever encountered, to the extent that the first time in use after installation I was looking for a displaced cable catching in a fan, rather than suspecting the internals of the drive.

Functionally, it works - but I really can't stand the uproar.
Published 22 months ago by henros

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and effective, 2 Feb. 2013
M. Bradford (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews

[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great starter drive, 3 July 2013
I don't know much about computers as I've been a console nut all my life. However, I've used this drive for my first computer and it's working brilliantly. It's an excellent starting drive and the noise that a few other reviews that I read before purchasing has yet to make an appearance. I'd highly recommend this drive to anyone like myself who's sick of the next gen. consoles and wishes to become part of the glorious Master Race of PC gamers...hahaha...

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY NICE AND CHEAP!, 3 Sept. 2013
bought it for my pc build and its very good its quiet when runs. had no problem puting it into my case. and its cheap and you get a ton of performence.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, flexible drive, 1 April 2013
This does what I wanted it to, and offers loads of other formats too. I've knocked a Star off because it's a bit noisy when it gets going, but no more than any other drives I've had.

4.0 out of 5 stars back to LG, 27 Feb. 2013
I have bought LG drives more often than not for computer builds over the years because I have always found them to be very reliable. I had a SATA Samsung DVD writer in one of my systems which to be fair lasted 5 years but it was noisy and very flimsy from the outset. Also, even though I thought I kept the room it was housed in very clean, dust still managed to get into the drive.This however is quiet, made of robust materials and seems to have at least some protection against dust penetration. Hopefully it will last as long, if not longer than the Samsung.

5.0 out of 5 stars LG ELECTRONICS GH24NS95 LG (24X) DVD Rewriter, 4 Jan. 2014
No complaints whatsoever, it arrived quickly, good performance and price, overall a very worthwhile purchase. This is one I would certainly make again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stand by for takeoff!, 21 May 2013

Functionally, it works - but I really can't stand the uproar.

4.0 out of 5 stars brilliant disk drive, 8 Jan. 2014
works brilliantly for my partners new system, he uses the disk drive for watching movies and also to burn music onto cds for our car journeys

5.0 out of 5 stars does what its supposed to, 25 Dec. 2013
it has no features such a blu-ray or lightscribe but does what it is described to, good for its price

5.0 out of 5 stars Underpriced, works perfectly & quiet, 25 Dec. 2013
I have built hundreds of computers paying over twice the price of this optical drive that have not worked as good. Yes I recommend this item.

LG GH24NS95.AUAA Internal 24x Bulk DVD Rewriter