on 11 December 2013
Greatly enjoyed reading this brief but effective guide! Literally stopped my reading a couple of times to lift the two weights I had gathering dust in the corner of my bedroom... and this all took place at half past one in the morning!!

I especially appreciated how this guide was free of charge... I'd normally hesitate buying something and the samples can often be slow-paced (and end just as they're about to get interesting!)

I'd definitely recommend this reading to anyone who, like me, would like to start dieting but currently is uninspired or misinformed.
on 16 July 2015
Fantastic!! Cuts through the BS and confirms everything I "thought" I already knew. I will be purchasing the book!

For reference, I was formerly over 200 lbs (5'4 female) and am now around 130. Fat percentage 36 > 19. I first read this guide nearly a year ago and adopted the principles within it and that's how I lost the weight.

I'll be purchasing the book to firstly thank the author and secondly to develop a wider understanding and to build a routine and nutrition plan to maintain my weight and continue with my new, lean body!
Sound advice and personal determination will enable success!
on 3 December 2013
well worth a read. its informative, talks I a no nonsense way and will help you be the weight you want not the weight you think you are stuck at. it doesn't preach or nag but gives you the tools to sort your life out.
on 22 July 2013
As someone who is new to going to the gym (previously I took part in team sports to stay active) I thought that this might provide a guide to building a good gym routine. I'm not particularly interested in the women's magazine run til you drop and then move around some light weights. I wanted a quick but intense routine.

This book did not provide that. It was primarily an advert for a paid version of the book.

"Do you want to know about this? Buy the book!"

I appreciate that a free ebook might not be as in depth as a paid version, but I was expecting some content. I would have far preferred one or two chapters in full from the book followed by a short summary of what else the paid version provided. I didn't go on to buy the book, because I couldn't guarantee that it wasn't more of the same. Perhaps "Want to know about this? Pay me for an online course and training!"
on 28 December 2014
This snapshot gives you the low down on how to achieve both weight loss and muscle growth and gives an introduction as to what to expect should you purchase one of Matthews` books; thinner, leaner, stronger,following the read it will be my very next purchase. It defines terms that lots of people use daily but incorrectly and attempts to educate the reader with the tools to achieving the best possible body. I enjoyed and would definitely recommend.
on 19 November 2013
OMG. Finally someone that speaks English when discussing diet and weight loss. I am not so clever when it comes to understanding metabolism but I am after reading this. I feel motivated and confidant that I can achieve a better body than I currently have.
Excellent and thank you to the writer....my hero.
on 2 January 2015
Some uncomfortable truths here but once youve got over the shock of learning that some well respected ideas about weight loss are actually, this positive, simple yet scientific and well explained guide to getting fit!
on 7 July 2014
Keeping this short, although this has some good points in, all of this (in a lot more detail and with a lot more besides) is in Mike's book (Thinner, Leaner, Stronger). I'd recommend you buy that off the bat.
on 30 December 2013
Well worth a few pounds and an hour or two to read.
It put my workouts into a sensible order as I had been over training before I read this and had stopped losing weight.
on 22 December 2015
There's a lot of information in this book regarding workouts, the way our bodies work, the truth about supplements. Found it really good for a fitness advice book.