5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant Surface cover
I ordered this without knowing whether it was going to fit my brand new Surface or not. It is terrific. Perfect fit, tidy and elegant, and it adds no extra weight. I love it.
Published 16 months ago by pkpgoddess

2.0 out of 5 stars OK case, but defeats the purpose of the Surface.
Published 19 months ago by RedKite

2.0 out of 5 stars OK case, but defeats the purpose of the Surface., 26 Dec 2012
This case fits the Surface RT well. The tablet slots into the case and is held in place with tabs at the bottom edge, which stick to a velcro strip and hold everything together. Access to the edges of the tablet is good - you can't reach the corners, but can touch the centre portion of each of the 4 edges, giving access to all the swipe function of the touch screen.

Everything seems to be going well, until you want to use the tablet's built-in kickstand. To do this, you have to undo the velcro tabs which hold the case together. The idea is that you move the tabs further along the velcro strips to free up the kickstand at the back of the tablet. This is a bit of a pain - the beauty of the Surface is that you can just flick the stand open with one finger whenever you want to use it. When the Surface is in this cover, you can't just flick the stand open - you have to undo the tabs to move them, and then the Surface starts to slide out of the cover. You have to try to hold the tablet in place with one hand whilst attempting to reposition the velcro tabs with the other.

In it's defence, if you can be bothered moving the tabs and catching the Surface before it falls on the floor, the cover does work fairly well with the Touch Cover keyboard attached.

My problem is that, after about half a day, I discovered that taking the Surface out of the cover was much easier than trying to use it in the cover. Which sort of defeats the purpose really.

Unfortunately, by this time, I had thrown away the packaging for the cover, so I guess that returning it isn't an option. I am now looking for a sleeve to protect my Surface when not in use.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant Surface cover, 7 Mar 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 7 Jan 2013
This review is from: MiTAB Blue Bicast Leather Case Cover Sleeve For The Microsoft Surface Rt & Windows 8 10.6 Inch Tablet
Protects your tablet well, whilst also doubling as a stand.
Looks stylish and is easy to use! Definitely worth investing in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Cover, Competitively Priced, 5 Jan 2013
K. Barber (Worcestershire, UK) - See all my reviews
This cover for the new Surface tablet is well made from high quality materials. The machine fits into it very snugly, allowing easy access to the controls and ports.

My Surface has the touch keyboard attached and the cover accommodates and protects that as well, although it would be just as effective if the keyboard were not attached. The case affords a good level of protection and the device can be used very easily whilst still in it. It is not necessary to use the Surface's kick stand when the machine is in the case, and unlike the kick stand the case permits the viewing angle to be changed.

If you would prefer to use your Surface outside the case and just use the cover itself for protection then that is no problem since the machine is easily taken out and put back.

All in all, an excellent and versatile accessory.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 22 Nov 2012
Unlike other cases this allows access to the edges of the screen which brings up the more options. Webcams and ports not blocked. The flexible case let's you support the tablet in a variety of positions.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good protection case but does not really work as intended, 17 July 2014
As far as the quality of the case, it feels good and looks good. The functionality however lets it down, unfortunately I have not been able to find a great case for my surface pro 2 so I use this as a transport case.

It has a few problems I have picked up;
Cons.
* The stand/velcro system is a bad system and like other users had stated, its actually much easier to remove it from the case and use the kick stand.
*The case sometimes puts the surface into sleep mode if the sleep on lid close is on. (I like to have the function on, but I cant with this case all the time).
*My type cover 2 keyboard does not work while the surface is in the case. (I have tested this but cant seem to find a reason, I believe its to do with the issue above as the keyboard works fine once outside the case)

Pros.
Looks nice.
Good quality.
Protects your surface while in transit

Overall I have given 3 stars because for me it is unusable with the surface as I lose access to my keyboard however its nice to wrap my surface up in the case when I put it into my bag.

4.0 out of 5 stars This case compliments my Ereader, 1 May 2013
Love the colour, fit is perfect, place for additional memory cards plus pen most important it is comfortable to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent cover, 21 Feb 2013
A. Brownlie - See all my reviews
quick delivery,looks great better than expected
makes a great addition to my e-reader,now looks even better and a great way to keep it protected

4.0 out of 5 stars Case for Surface, 27 Jan 2013
This case is well worth the money. Protects your tablet, easy to fit and looks good too. Comes in a good range of funky colours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it needs to do, 7 Jan 2013
I bought this for my son for his Microsoft Surface, choosing it on the basis of past reviewers comments. He is very pleased with it as it seems to function as required. Fast delivery as well.