5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased., 27 Nov 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Playseat® Challenge (Accessory)
I've had the Playseat `Challenge' for a month; I use it with Forza 4. I was a bit sheepish about spending £180 (eBay) on what looked like a deck chair, but since it was the only thing offering something like a driving seat, with the easy storage of a steering wheel stand. All of the online reviews that I could find were good so I bought one.

On delivery it took less than 2 minutes set up, all the major parts are well made. Some of the small Velcro straps (used when folded for storage) are a bit flimsy as are some of the plastics around the footplate hinge. These were my initial reactions.

That's all the negative things I have to say, having spent 20 hours in the seat, I love it. Being able to change the driving position from fairly upright down to the F1 racing position is great, the seat is supportive and 2 hour stints haven't been a problem for me. It's also extremely stable, I have had no lateral movement at all, no matter how frantic the driving gets. Once folded, with your wheel and pedals still attached it is only 30cm deep and fits easily into a cupboard and it really does only take seconds to set up once you've got your wheel & pedals ready attached. It has well exceeded all my expectations, if you're thinking about it, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I should say I still think it's a bit over priced for what it is, but in the context of the options available this is a safe purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant present, 30 Oct 2013
This review is from: Playseat® Challenge (Accessory)
I brought this for my husband for his birthday, and he said it's the best present he's ever had!
Folds away well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, 1 May 2014
This review is from: Playseat® Challenge (Accessory)
Had this wheel a few days now and am very happy.

When looking around it was very important i was able to fold away and store easily as i play in the living room. This rig is perfect for that, it folds away easily with the wheel/pedals attached even smaller than i'd expected and is light and easy to move.

When the seat is brought out from behind the sofa it doesn't stop impressing, Build quality is excellent and the rig looks and feels great even for what is a low price in this market.

Setting up is nice and easy and i found the perfect seating position for myself no problem, the only slight drawback being that you cannot adjust the wheel position (only tilt) meaning that my seating position is determined by where i can reach the wheel best, If i wanted to adjust to a more F1 seating position the wheel would be out of reach.

Once you're into the rig it is surprisingly comfortable and stable. It may take a while to adjust all the straps to using trial and error to get it correct for your own taste. I found setting the front/leg strap quite loose and setting the back strap as tight as possible worked best for me.

Pros :
Price
Build Quality
Very stable
Easy set-up
Easy Fold away and storage
Generally Conformable

Cons :
Steering wheel position not adjustable

Playseat® Challenge
Playseat® Challenge by Playseats (Mac, PlayStation, PlayStation 3 / 4, PlayStation2, Windows Vista / XP, Xbox, Xbox 360)
Used & New from: £176.50