Top positive review
27 people found this helpful
great as an apn
on 1 February 2014
Setup was stupidly difficult but after poking around online I sorted it out.
Simple install guide is,
1. Plug into a wall plug
2. Open your internet connection ( bottom left of desktop screen)
Search for network WiFi repeater and connect to it
3. Open web browser, chrome, Firefox or ie
4. Type in address bar 192.168.10.1. When on landing page type in admin in both boxes this should give you access to the WiFi repeater router page.
5. Wireless config. When the web browser is on WiFi repeater router page setup click wireless in top left corner of web page. Find your own network. Click apply. Then it should ask you for the encryption/passphrase/password to your wireless network. Leave said on this page as what it is and only enter your password to your wireless click apply. Once done it will display as WiFi repeater connect to it and it should work.
1. PLUG IN WALL
2. CONNECT RJ45 FROM WIFI REPEATER TO COMPUTER
3. TYPE IN WEB BROWSER 192.168.10.1
4. CLICK ON AP SETUP
5. SET UP THE ACCESS POINT NAME (WIFI REPEATER) CHANGE THE NAME TO WHAT YOU WANT YOUR NETWORK TOBE CALLED. CHANGE NETWORK SECURITY AND PASSPHRASE(WPA2 PSK).
6. PLUG RJ45 CONNECTOR FROM ROUTER TO WIFI REPEATER PLUG.
7. CHECK WIFI CONNECTIONS AND THE NETWORK YOU HAVE CREATED SHOULD BE THERE.
it is a great product I use ap mode instead of wireless repeater function speeds and range is slightly better. I would reccomend this to anyone just follow install at the top for either and all will be great. There install instructions are not straight forward so check this review for setup.