on 4 November 2012
This book, third in the series, was released on the Wednesday and I finished it by the Sunday. A masterpiece and written by a self published author. It has vampires in it but even if you dislike stories about vampires you should read these books. The author draws you in to a tale you end up wishing was true. As you reach the final chapter the only thing you want is for the story to not end. I will give nothing away other than to say i wish I was Two! Bravo Mr Buecheler, I can only see great things happening for you in the future!
on 21 May 2013
I loved this book. The ending was predictable but I was engrossed, not from the first page of this book but from the first page of the first book. It has been a journey through the trilogy, one which I have thoroughly enjoyed. If you are reading this review you probably have read the previous two books, if not then, this book brings to an end the tormented journey of the main character named Two. It brings together her human journey and her vampire journey and the frailties of human life, from drug prostitute complete with limp who is handy with his fists to a finely honed, tuned fighting vampire, with different species of vampires thrown in, a brilliantly written trilogy that is nice easy reading a thoroughly enjoyable read. The writer admits
on 24 November 2012
I only came across the first instalment of the IIAm Trilogy a few weeks ago so I've been able to read them one after the other.

I have enjoyed all three but while I enjoyed them all I found the Children of the Sun slower than the other two. It did think it was a good ending to the story but I felt it was awful drawn out. Some parts felt like they were going on forever. The length aside it was a good story and although some scenes felt longer than they had to be I didn't feel bored.

One of the best things about these books is you feel like you know the characters and there is some good back stories in this book. We also get to know the main characters a bit better too. I enjoyed the new people who came into the book and we get to find out a lot more about the Children and their back stories too.

One other thing that did bother me was the authors use of former and latter, every few pages someone decides to make a decision by picking the former or latter. It really started to get to me after a while.

In all I did think this tied everything up nicely and I did enjoy reading it but I didn't enjoy it as much as the first two in the series so I can only give it 4 stars. I'm sure all fans of the series will enjoy this book but there was a few little niggles for me.
on 12 July 2013
After reading the first freebie in the trilogy, I was hooked. As soon as I finished it I had to get the next two and just could not put them down! So different from the usual "vampire" books, you were genuinely interested in the characters. I felt all of Two's emotions, the writing was very discriptive and I cannot think of one negative thing about all three books. I shall be following this writer and will have to read what else he has written. Great!!!!
on 9 November 2012
Great book, I finished it in less than a week!
Well written and though within the genre of fantasy fiction (that seems to suffer from a glut of clichéd storyline's) this series manages to dodge most of them and the result is an original and engaging story.
Can't recommend this book, and this series, highly enough. This was a great ending (though hopefully a hiatus) to Two's story.
on 30 July 2013
I need to have books that grip my attention with both hands from the stat then take me on a great adventure. These three books and 'Two's' sorry did exactly that.

Great use of the English language, and enough adult rating material to make the story realistic and gripping yet not too much to be offensive.

Absolutely blown away!!!
on 12 August 2013
Gave this 5 stars because i thought it was well written easy to follow with likeable characters and it was a really good story. The vampires were much more realistic than other vamp books and i found there world and rules interesting and well thought out. Great page turner. Exactly what i wanted. Really enjoyed the whole trilogy well done Chris :)
on 4 November 2012
Waited impatiently for the last part of the trilogy and it didn't disappoint. I couldn't put it down until I discovered what happened to not just Two, but all of the characters. Really enjoyed the story and am looking forward to reading more of Christopher Buechelers novels in the future.
on 2 April 2013
By the time you have read books one and two, you definitely want to know what happens next, and the Children of the Sun does not disappoint. Another very good read. Just a word of warning, without hopefully being a spoiler, don't get too fond of any of the characters, Mr Buecheler does not have any compunction about killing a character if that fits the story he is making, making it more real in some ways, than if all the "good" guys survive. In this one, the Children of the Sun do something that forces Two and the rest of the vampires go to confront and battle them for their survival. Some nice twists and an ending that implies that the story is not quite finished yet, so I think we have some more to come from this author, which I look forward to.
on 21 May 2013
I am really not into vampire films/books but I have found this trilogy gripping and bought the 2nd & 3rd book as soon as I finished the first.
...............................................................................