1 Review

3.0 out of 5 stars HARD GOING, 10 April 2013
Reader (The south) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Hard Way (Vegas Top Guns) (Kindle Edition)
When Captain Liam "Dash"" Christiansen's wife Sunita "Sunny" returns from a business trip to DC, she announces she's met someone else and wants a divorce. Shocked and angered Dash wants to hurt Sunny the way she's hurt him. So begins the start of a dark sexual fantasy made real.

This book is my least favourite so far in this series. Filled with anger and blame, and no romance. I wasn't put off by the forced/rape scenes between a consenting couple. But what did put me off was that it seemed so out of place with this couple, and the breaking down of their marriage. The reader is treated to scenes of sex full of anger and quite a bit of violence. I didn't like Sunny's character one bit, in her mind everything was Dash's fault. She never owned up to any part of their failing relationship. The other man she had met, I felt she was just using to wind Dash up. That part of the story just didn't seem realistic to me. Dash came across as confused and angry, but mostly guilty for enjoying what was happening between him and Sunny in their sex life. Mostly I felt sorry for him.
Despite the divorce situation hanging over them, they never really talked about that, which again seemed unrealistic. So for me this book didn't work.

Hard Way (Vegas Top Guns)