Published 11 months ago by M. Bhangal

missing a lot of the important sizes that would make this pack useful. far better off getting one adapter at the correct size.
Published 1 month ago by elliott

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, far cheaper than buying separately, and essential if you haver a large lens collection, 28 Dec 2013
M. Bhangal "S" (Somewhere in Northern England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: 20pcs 26 30 37 43 52 55 62 67 72 77 82mm Step Up + Step Down Rings Filter Set DC162 (Camera)
Quality filters are expensive, so you want to be able to fit them to as many of your lenses as possible. With this set of adapter rings I can fit any of my filters to any of my lenses. For example, I fitted my 77mm polarizer to my Lumix LX7 (37mm diameter lens)! Not something I'd do normally (I usually buy filter in two sizes: 77 and 55, and use the most appropriate size with adapter rings), but a good test of how versatile these rings are.

I bought from seller XSource, thinking that they would ship from China given the low price, but no, they shipped from the South West rather than the Far East (Bristol to be exact), and were with me within 2 days and came well packaged, so cheap and quick.

Few points worth mentioning:

Although the threads are of a decent quality, you have to be careful with the biggest diameters as its easy to strip them or your lens if you force them. This is common to even high quality ring adapters - the turning force on large adapter rings is high, so you have to be gentle and make sure you have aligned properly before screwing them on.

To check that all the adapters have good threading, its worth fixing each step-up ring into the corresponding step-down to make sure they fit. That way you iron out any initial tightness without testing them on your valuable lenses or filters.

If you intend to use adapter rings on lenses that include wide angle, buy the next-up filter and step down, otherwise the extra height caused by using adapter rings may cause vignetting.

If you will be changing filters often, its worth fitting a step up onto the lens and leaving it there, then always unscrewing/screwing the filter onto the ring. That way, you never damage your lens threads. Especially important if your lens has plastic threads, which unfortunately many now do.

A useful accessory to go with this adapter set is a set of matching filter removal tools... search Amazon for 'filter remover'.

There are some thread sizes that you don't get, so if you specifically want a certain size, check its on the list. This is especially true if you use systems such as micro43rds that are not 'standard DSLR' of the Canon/Nikon variety. for example, I need 46 and 58mm, both of which are quite common for micro43rds (I own a Black magic Pocket cinema camera as well as a more traditional DSLR body), and had to buy them separately.

So to conclude:
An essential purchase if like me, you have a number of cameras and lenses (I have lens diameters varying from 82mm to 37mm) and just buying good Tiffen variable NDs for all my lenses would cost over a grand without these adapters!
Also useful if you want to protect your lens threads by threading filters onto a permanently attached adapter ring, so that you only wear out the adapter and filter threads.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful range of options for experimentation, but beware!, 21 Mar 2014
This is probably a bit of overkill for many users. How many of us have lenses or filters that span this 26-82mm range? In fact, after purchase it turned out that even a "mid-range" requirement I had of fitting 58mm sized macro filters onto a 52mm lens could not be achieved because there was no 58mm sized ring. Doh!
So I recommend that you don't make the same mistake as me, and just check all of your filter/lens sizes, before purchase, but, hey, I have plenty of other options and can fit a 72mm CPL filter on my new all-purpose 62mm Sigma lens when I need to, etc., etc.
The quality would probably not, or even definitely not, suit a pro. They are a bit coarse when you screw them in/on, but they are adequate for general purposes and you can experiment a bit with them to try out stuff. You should check for vignetting in the corners of your images if you are using wide angle lenses because filter rings push the filter further out from the lens, so be aware that this might happen.
So I recommend that you check before you buy but, at this price, hey, how wrong can you be?

4.0 out of 5 stars Good and cheap serial, 4 Jun 2014
Quick supply in Finland. Value-for-money. Good and cheap serial. Multipurpose rings if need them.
I recommend this rings an excellent product for photogaphing...

5.0 out of 5 stars great quality step up and step down rings, 2 May 2014
bought these little bad boys to attach a camcorder onto my rifle scope and they work just fine.needed to step up from 27mm to 30mm and then the same in reverse.well made and I am very happy with the results.well packaged and arrived nice and promt too.would recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy, 10 Oct 2013
Not yet used but all seemed well and as a set I can see it being put to use on a few occasions.

3.0 out of 5 stars ... of the important sizes that would make this pack useful. far better off getting one adapter at the ..., 5 Oct 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Aug 2014
Great product can now fit my ring flash to my lens and a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good product and service, 3 Sep 2014
Very fast delivery good quality product ordered 28th delivered

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 22 July 2014
Perfect, does what it says, good quality