on 6 June 2015
I must admit to the fact that this book covered two of my own passions, football and south America. A real witty and informative account of the guy's travels, especially the football. Maybe a few more stories of his non football day's might have helped,but I'm being picky in saying that. Well done and I'm glad you made it back in one piece.
on 12 June 2015
If you love football fan culture then this book is for you, coupled with this it is a entertaining travelogue. A really enjoyable read.
on 10 June 2015
Great to pick up and read then put down again without losing the thread. Ideal for those people who are fascinated by football in far off lands and dream of doing the same but haven't had the bottle to. Enjoyed every word.
on 4 January 2015
A great book that made me nostalgic about my own trip to South America, but also encouraged me to return and see more of the fantastic continent. Sun, Cerveza and soccer. Football wouldn't have provided alliteration.
on 9 July 2015
For some reason I got sent a really poorly printed version of this book. Really enjoyable read, wouldnt call it a backpackers guide, more of a journal with some history lessons thrown in.
on 17 March 2015
Excellent book. I really enjoyed this book and recommend it. A shame he never managed to see a game in Uruguay. Maybe a revisit of the Americas in a follow-up would allow that?!
on 14 March 2014
I want to be honest: when I chose this book as I'd thought that it would have talked mainly about Barra Bravas and their conflicts with the rest football. Instead, this is a different story and more pleasant. The football version of the “gringo trail” was a succession of cities, stadia and teams seen during his great trip around South America. The account has been satisfying, very detailed and with an in-depth view of the different ways of life of the nations visited. A good journey through South America football’s culture.
on 4 August 2013
I have a huge interest in travel and watching football.having done a huge number of European cities the travels to the Americas were right up my street. Oh to be young and single again and also having the guts to take on such a journey.a brilliant book of events and has sold me the Latin America football that a trip to the Argentine could be on the cards
on 30 August 2013
The author sells up and travels through the Americas for a year or more and writes about his time in each country and the football games he attends. He has a terrible habit of missing the start of games! As a regular traveler to Europe to catch games in major cities, this type of book and experience fascinates me. Buenos Aires here I come!
on 2 February 2015
Pretty good read. Both from a football point of view and travel perspective.