on 16 September 2013
If you have ever wanted to introduce yourself to a jazz classic then this is fantastic value for money and will give you many hours of enjoyable listening.
on 15 August 2014
I just love this boxed set. The quality of the recordings are excellent. Unlike some, I like the fact that the bonus tracks are not added to these albums. The original album artwork is good to see too. I only have two CDs and a cassette tape of Dave Brubeck ap
art from this set and the more I listen to DB, the more I like his music. A superb value boxed set.
on 26 March 2013
In my opinion this covers the best period of the group with Paul Desmond, Dave Brubeck and Joe Morello (and others) on cracking form. This includes some of the best recordings and the sound seems at least as good as my vinyl albums. I was able to re-live some favorites and discover albums I hadn't heard. Well worth the money.
on 20 December 2014
All was said in all previous reviews here - excellent option, excellent CDs, except for one detail: the CD #4. The album TIME OUT has a bad sound quality (all previous individual releases are so much better), and JAZZ IMPRESSIONS OF EURASIA is in MONO (!!??).
on 7 March 2013
I first became aware of Dave Brubeck some 50 years ago. I enjoyed his talent then but only realised how much I enjoyed his style after his passing and so felt compelled to purchase. Just great. Definitely to be recommended.
on 11 August 2015
A must have for all jazz lovers. Sound quality is extremely good for the recording era (1950's, 1960's). 10 paper covers are beautiful - there is a reproduction of an original cover on each.
on 5 November 2013
Absolutely outstanding collection. Great sound Excellent notes and detailed personnel. My brother and wife also enjoyed it. Brubeck is an inventive pianist and Desmond the perfect associate.
on 2 June 2013
An excellent product, sound quality very good. Been listening to Brubeck since I was a 15 year old (1953).
reproduction excellent and has now replaced my very, very old vinyl.
on 26 April 2013
A great selection of albums from the Brubeck cannon. Top calss playing on almost all the albums although there are inevitably some dips.
on 7 March 2013
Fabulous product & price. Sound is good and information is sufficient. Very compact way of keeping such great music safely.