5.0 out of 5 stars UPDATED REVIEW: faultless bit of kit
Published 19 months ago by robbie

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but expensive for what it is
Published 9 months ago by MR MICHAEL BOTTOMLEY

5.0 out of 5 stars UPDATED REVIEW: faultless bit of kit, 5 Jun 2013
This review is from: rooCASE Ultra Slim Matte (Blue) Shell Case for Apple iPod Nano 7 (7th Generation) (Accessory)
For performance and functionality, this easily deserves five stars - but it seems incredibly expensive for what it is. Having said that, I'm grateful to other reviewers for steering me away from cheaper alternatives that seemed to come with a whole range of quality issues, including fragile clips. This one suffers no such shortcomings: the clip is substantial and offers a long operating area, making it 100 percent secure when attached to my running shorts. It really allows you to get the best out of the Nano as a pedometer, because having it clipped to your waist maximises accuracy; and you can also easily reach the Nano's top button while running for a distance/time/pace update.

Despite the cost, if I lost it I'd buy another one because I know it performs perfectly. Looks good too.

UPDATE: Note that extra star. Given that this has seen heavyweight use in the year and a half I've had it (it gets clipped on and off my shorts four or five times a week), I'm even more impressed by its ruggedness and longevity. My initial comments about its great build quality can now be backed up by 18 months of trouble-free, use-and-forget ownership. I've dropped the iPod a couple of times on to a hard surface and it's come away unscathed - so this great little case has more than paid for itself. Revised summary: a bargain; worth every penny.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but expensive for what it is, 16 Mar 2014
Researched loads of cases for Ipod Nano 7th generation & this seemed to suit and be a better case. I use Ipod mainly for gym & running. I have given this case an ok rating, as I am a bit disappointed with it & it does seem to be alot of money for what it is. I first used it on the rowing machine at the gym & then on the treadmill and on both occasions the case came off my shorts (with the Ipod intact though) I have since made sure I push the belt clip right the way down to the waistband of my trousers/shorts and haven't had any further problems whilst at the gym or running on the road. Another little niggle I have with it, is it is difficult to operate the volume control at the side of the Nano whilst it is in the case. The control button is not flush with the case and you have to use the top tip of your finger to get to it (and I only have thin fingers) Overall it is ok and I don't know if there is something better on the market. If there was I would probably try a different case, but it's not that bad that I wouldn't buy another case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't disappoint, 13 May 2013
Neat fit and looks good, even if a little overpriced. The clear model maintains the look of your iPod. Happy to recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars roocase does not disappoint, 31 Aug 2013
Mr. A. Pugh (guernsy channel isles, uk) - See all my reviews
read a few reviews about other cases which people had had trouble with. broken clips etc. so bought this one instead of trying to save a few bob! as i said ..it does not disappoint

3.0 out of 5 stars Not red, 3 Jun 2013
Colour is orange not red. Does the job but overpriced for what it is. Expecting it to come with clear film for screen as my last Nano cover did, but it did not

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent, 9 Feb 2014
I love it. It is exactly as it was described. No complaints at all. I really really freally recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars iPod nano clip case, 10 Jan 2014
Fits perfectly and matches the colour of my ipod brilliantly. As described, slim fit and very sturdy to clip on clothes. Highly reccommend.

2.0 out of 5 stars buy the cheap one, 28 July 2013
SCharles (Aberdeenshire) - See all my reviews
this is well made but way too expensive for what it is. It slides and I prefer the minisuit jazz.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 10 Nov 2014
My iPod Nano recently gave out, and it was one of the very small ones about the size of a Shuffle. Since these are now discontinued and the prices are extortionate, I had to settle for the new style Nano.

The case is ok, it slides onto the device and does grip well, but when you're plugging the charger in, it slides out, so you have to be careful. The clip is good, it's very long so you don't have to worry that it'll come off easily. It's also fixed onto the case very well, so it won't snap off.

The only reason I'm rating this 4 stars is because I wear this on my trousers at work, and since the headphone socket is at the bottom of the Nano, there's a bit of wire hanging out that I'd prefer to be tucked in as it gets caught on my ID badge. If there was an upside down version of this case, I'd be much happier with that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but worth it!, 25 Sep 2014
I totally understand what people are saying in terms of expense, but this is a top quality case! It comes with a gummy silicon cover that protects the whole ipod bar the screen which in its own right is good enough protection. The price of this case comes from the hard plastic cover in which the silicion slips comfortably and tightly into. The clip is a brilliant idea and i prefer that to putting it in my pocket and will come in handy when I go the gym. Very happy and confident I won't be damaging my iPod, great purchase.