4.0 out of 5 stars Times they are a changing, 19 Sep 2014
simon211175 (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Touchstone (3. All the Time in the World) - a time travel thriller (Kindle Edition)
When I first started reading this series, I wasn't sure if I'd like it. I'm now reading the fourth book, after reading the first three back to back.

People who have read the first two, will likely be here anyway, and if you've not, then you probably won't care to read reviews of the third in a series anyway. For those who are reading the reviews for all six before deciding, then I can say go for it. These books are good, the characters interesting, and the plot contains several turns to keep you interested.

I'll catch you at the end of book 4.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this, 6 Mar 2014
I've thoroughly enjoyed every bit of this series. So many twists and turns, just when I think I've sussed out what's happening, there's another twist and I was wrong. As soon as I've finished one book I instantly downloaded the next - but, arrrgggghhh! Andy is still writing No.6. How am I going to wait? Should be out this month though so I've had to go on the mailing list and wait like everyone else.
Anyway, the point I'm making is that this is an incredible story. If, like me, you love time travel novels, you'll love this. I'm a sucker for history novels and time travel, so this is perfect for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Touchstone Volume 3, 28 Jan 2014
Loved this one. Nothing at fault with it and there's nothing to dislike about it either. I got so engrossed in it that I lost track of time completely (excuse the pun) and finished this in three to four days! Very much enjoyed it. Highly recommended to anyone who loves a good time travel tale.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 26 Dec 2013
I am sorry, but I cannot give a review based on this book only, as I read them all together...
Basically, its a wonderful read - I just love these time travel books, whatever shape or form they have. This one was special, because although I did care for the characters, I didn't particularly find myself in them (I tend to do that) - so no special connection between me, the reader, and the characters was formed. BUT (it's a big but) the fact that I wasn't so close to the subjects allowed me to look closer in other areas - like secondary figures, entourages, historic environment. At this part I think the author excelled (at least in my opinion) as I felt never closer to the periods described as when I read these books. Charlie, the perfect supporting role, is so much more endearing than Rachel, I thought.
As a conclusion, I belive it's one of the best series of its kind, nothing major in terms of literary performance, but a good story able to keep you plugged in it up until the end.

4.0 out of 5 stars We travel to the 60s this time, 25 July 2013
A good third book in the series of Tombstone. Not quite touching book two, what in my opinion, was the best book of the three I've read so far (there's a fourth) I also felt slightly confused with all the characters and how they play out in the story's timeline. There's quite a few now, both down Amy's timeline, and down Rachel's own. Now there's Martyn's added to the mix. And this secret group who're protecting time, for which we still know little about. I assume we'll learn more in book 4, which I plan to purchase soon.
Despite my mild criticisms, this book is worth the read, particularly if you've already read the first two.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 1 July 2013
Enjoyable storyline giving a bit of an insight into people and life during these times. Some historical events creatively written.

4.0 out of 5 stars good read, 15 Mar 2013
As per the previous 2 in this series it is an interesting concept and is developing the story nicely with obviously more time era's to come with all the central characters and now this new intro of some sort of monitoring team, who are they? what is their function? I 'll need to keep reading the series now I'm hooked.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great continuation of the series, 10 Jan 2013
I've read all three of the 'Touchstone' stories now and each brings the period, in this case the sixties, to life. By concentrating on one area of the world, Moseley, Andy Conway has given it a depth and realism. He turned my preconceptions of the swinging sixties upside down a couple of times. They are easy reads certainly.

One word of warning: definitely start with 'Touchstone (1. The Sins fo the Father)' and work through the series. Despite being a time-travel tale, you should read these chronologically. It's an on-going series and you'll get more out of it, if you know what Rachel, Danny and Charlie have done and all the ramifications.

Roll on 1959 (the next episode).

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great installment, 17 Oct 2014
A great read - need to start at book 1 touchstone - guarantee . The on going time travel story will have you hooked!