5.0 out of 5 stars Colourful and easy to follow
I am always looking for inspiration in my cooking and Gary Rhodes certainly does that with this book, it gives in detail how dishes are prepared and shows in pictures how the finished product should look. It also gives you ideas on special touches,and there are also helpful hints and tips. Well Done Gary you are an inspiration to us all!!
Published on 10 Sep 2001 by helen@fitzgeraldh.freeserve.co.uk

3.0 out of 5 stars Gary Rhodes is my favourite chef but........
Published 10 months ago by s

5.0 out of 5 stars Colourful and easy to follow, 10 Sep 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars Waxing Lyrical, 30 Jan 2008
CDG (London UK) - See all my reviews
I am astounded that more reviews are not available for this wonderful and easy cookery book. From the maestro of the kitchen - in this reviewers opinion anyway - here is a step by step cookery book that is honest, accurate with easy to obtain ingredients. The most cautious of cooks will navigate these recipes with ease and confidence. If all great chefs produced such simple and honest recipes more people might cook at home and begin to understand how the simplest of British ingredients can merge on a plate and taste sublime.

3.0 out of 5 stars Gary Rhodes is my favourite chef but........, 20 Oct 2013
s "s" (north west) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Every single time i've watched Gary Rhodes on television,he's amde something that i'd like to eat.When i saw this book,i knew it would be a great book for my Son to own as he's a keen cook.However,most of the food shown just didn't appeal to our family.Too many ingredients and a little complicated.I accept,the cookery within this book would provide a top class table of food but,for us, i got it wrong.Sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars From a cook and avid reader, 17 Feb 2010
Arrived quickly, the book looked as new and the recipes were quick and easy to follow as stated. Good buy 10 out of 10.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not new!, 1 Dec 2010
Purchased Step by Step Cookery by Gary Rhodes as a 'New' purchase only to find the outside cover torn, marks on the outside cover which have been removed with anti-bacterial soap, and also marks in the pages inside. Seller states condition as new on delivery note but obviously not! Buyers beware of being duped!Step-by-step Cookery: Over 100 Easy-to-follow Recipes and Essential Techniques

1.0 out of 5 stars Major disappointment, 27 Nov 2001
By A Customer
I bought this book, thinking that it was a book of recipes for standard fare. Lasagne - hah! Vegetarian lasagne, not mince lasagne! Too many fish dishes! I wanted a book of home cooking type recipes and that is most definately NOT what I got.
I tried one of my favourite dishes, beef stroganoff, and it was really bland. It gave me a couple of ideas to incorporate into my own recipe, but the basic recipe supplied really wasn't worth the effort.

Step-by-Step Cookery : Over 100 Easy-to-Follow Recipes and Essential Techniques