5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant
Published 20 months ago by hayley tattam

1.0 out of 5 stars Hum bug- dreadful!!
Published on 16 Dec 2012 by Preacher Man

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 1 May 2013
This review is from: Light Up The World (Audio CD)
I'm going to be honest at first I thought it was good but after listening to it several thousand times :) it is brilliant its not just a Christmas album its for all those hard stressful days at work you can come home put this on and your instantly chilled out!! my favourite has to be ' History is made a night' and ' Light up the world' this one even has a little dance move in it!!! Not a lot to what im used to with steps but it fit the album perfectly! Bring on new music and dance moves!!

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun album though definitely a different sound for Steps., 20 Nov 2012
This review is from: Light Up The World (Audio CD)
To be honest, I'm a little surprised at some of the vitriol in a few of the negative comments. I enjoyed this album, though as is usually the case, some songs more than others. The 'reviewers' (if you can call them that) that trashed the production values of this album, I can only say maybe you need a new sound system.... The first time I listened to this on the stereo in my car, I was more than a little surprised at how good it sounded. The voices sounded strong in most cases and I enjoyed the different sound (to my ears) of the backing music. More of a 'live' feel in many cases. I admit the styling of some of the songs has a more mature (re: earlier era) sound to them, but being an older fan, it just made those songs that much more enjoyable. (I especially enjoyed the doo-wop feel to the lead track. That was fun!) I guess I can only say that IMHO the album may not be their greatest in some people's opinions, but it is Definitely worth a listen to, and I am more than glad I bought it and will be listening to it fairly often this season and into the new year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 11 Jun 2013
This review is from: Light Up The World (Audio CD)
So great to have Steps back, it is one beautfiul CD, one of the best CD I've ever bought. AAAA++

5.0 out of 5 stars A grown up christmas...., 21 Nov 2012
This review is from: Light Up The World (Audio CD)
Got this album the day it came out and cant stop listening to it, its a more grown up sound from steps but i like it, its nice their not just doing all the same thing but cant wait for their next album which they said will be more dance/club sound :)
This is perfect for anyones christmas!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Hum bug- dreadful!!, 16 Dec 2012
This review is from: Light Up The World (Audio CD)
A big fan for years and thrilled at the reunion ..and I'm in Australia!! I borrowed this from my local library and cant say how disappointed I was when listening to it. The opening track a turn off and so many slow bland numbers.. what were you thinking guys!? Not a time to change direction. The album cover evokes fun in all things STEPS have been about there reunions represented a current gap in the market of fun pop..sadly they have fallen through and this offering will be sadly forgotten as a missed opportunity! I only hope new material will showcase what they do best if the reunion tour and rehashed greatest hits was what put them back on the charts..focus on what you do best for its what we love you for the most!

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 21 Oct 2013
This review is from: Light Up The World (Audio CD)
im such a fan of this group that had to have this cd to complete my collection. Such a good cd.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth getting and very different sound for STEPS. A good "Festive" type album but surely one for the collection!, 9 Sep 2013
Mr. Robert D. Wilcox "Dozer2010" (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Light Up The World (Audio CD)
This album is a very different sound from STEPS, a more mature sound in all which has a distinct "Festive" feeling to it. It's not the usual POP style we're all used to, but a nice change.

You'll certainly not be bopping around to your ZUMBA Workout with this playing, much more mellow tempo but still worth getting for old fans, and for new fans looking for a nice chill out album.
I'd go as far as to say it's almost "Easy Listening" in Genre!

At this price though you'd be daft not to get it, even if you've never bought a STEPS album before.

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice!!, 17 Jun 2013
Carlos Luzarraga "Charlieriga, Miami" (miami, FL, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Light Up The World (Audio CD)
But I was a little surprise that no was the type of music that I expect from Steps but I like it!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars step, 4 April 2013
This review is from: Light Up The World (Audio CD)
if you love steps and christmas this is ideal for you lovely christmas songs sung by steps nice new album

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmassy!!, 8 Feb 2013
This review is from: Light Up The World (Audio CD)
Bought this for my daughter for christmas as she is a fan of Steps!! It is a really good, christmas CD!!

Light Up The World