on 1 December 2013
I'm reviewing this after a years use. Yes it protects, feels fine without slipping, even gets a lot of looks with the orange really is hard to miss!
However, as with another review I read here, it then goes downhill. I treat my MBP with kid gloves but mysterious cracks started around the sides and corners after about 7-8 months; I never knocked, dropped or have hit the case at any time. Now I am forever finding little pieces of bright orange plastic left on my lap and floor!
It is beginning to look like I've hit the 'protective' shell with a hammer.
Is it a temperature thing that the plastic degrades or just an inherent manufacturing fault?
The reason I'm reviewing now is that I'm back on Amazon to buy yet another shell. Will it be as bad as this make?
I'll keep you posted.
on 5 May 2013
I have no idea how it happened but I have severe cracks at few places of the case and the plastic just falls off. It is not as strong and protective.
on 8 November 2013
This is now the 2nd case i've bought for my macbook pro. I had the black case previous.

It will protect your mac from any bumps and scratches. However, inside the case once you've had it on for a while, it will have a dirt build up inside the case. Also removing the case (Mainly the screen) is very hard, I had to stick a very thin object (Blunt knife) in behind the screen to lift the casing off - Not exactly what you'd want to do with an expensive laptop! Luckily I didn't scratch my mac. But I'd hope there will be an improvement in how to get the casing off.

The case overall is a tight fit and looks fine. I prefer to clear case to the black or other colour cases as the black case will wear down and is more noticeable when it's worn down.

I would recommend this case as it does do the job you want it to and it's not expensive at all!

Hope this review helps!
on 13 May 2014
It's cheap, and you get what you pay for but for the price I am happy with what I got. It fits my computer nicely, it does stay on without any issues and does protect everywhere I wanted protecting, I was happy with the item for some time. It was gripper than the mac itself and the colour is great. After about 6/7 months, where I am now, it is starting to break, crack and chip away at the corners, I'm not banging it around and it goes into another bag even before going into my laptop bag, I think it is just eroding because it's cheap. Buy it if you want to spend little money on something that does the job. It is far cheaper than the ones in the apple shop and it lasted long enough for me to feel I got value for money. Now this one is breaking, I will shop around but may get the same one again. The orange colour is great.
on 5 January 2014
Really good price and overall satisfactory-quality product. Only disappointment was that as I was removing the cling film, the top half of the case made a small crack on the side. Not one to be manipulated/handled a lot. Just put in place and leave it.
on 9 May 2013
A great colour!! Very pleased with product and a speedy delivery! It fits well! It does state rubberised although also stating hard, however I thought this product would be more soft and rubbery but it is a hard plastic shell.
on 29 December 2013
pros:
functional product (protected my mac for about a week then started to snap)

cons:
it was really taccy and made my mac look cheap
pieces started to snap off after a week
on 17 November 2013
After reading lots of reviews I opted to purchase the GMYLE Black Rubberized Skin Case for my MacBook Pro. Not knowing to expect, I am happy with my purchase. Product was delivered without delay and fits extremely well (clips on easily). Appears to offer good protection (I have not put this to the test, nor do I wish to do so anytime soon) and is fairly stylish.

On a negative, the case shows up fingerprints or other kinds of smudges and will need to be wiped on a regular basis. That said, I would still recommend this product to anyone looking to purchase protect to their MacBook.
on 12 August 2013
I got this item back in April and was really happy with the case. Good price, nice looking and quick delivery.
My MacBook pro is the early 2011 which this stated would fit, and I did manage to get it attached but was very tight. Its now August and cracks have appeared on all the corners of the case ( Both top and base case ). I have never dropped my MacBook so the cracks must be due to the case not being a great fit.
I'm still using this case and overall i'm still happy with the item, just wish it fitted a bit better and lasted more than 4 months before it starts to become faulty.
on 14 May 2013
I was worried at first the hard shell would crack, but so far it hasn't (and I've accidentally whacked it around). I bought this instead of going to an Apple store to refit the broken feet on my laptop - and it's done a great job, I wish I'd bought this earlier. The only bad thing is with black, you get lots of fingerprints (you can wipe these though), and it does scratch though it's better to have the cover scratched than the laptop.
The keyboard protector fits well though it took me about a week to get used to it.