Flavour Name: Chicken(Kitten)|Change

on 9 February 2015
We got Lulu our kitten at 2 months of age and did not know what she was eating at the time. Being new to cats, there was only one brand that came to mind - WHISKAS! We had Lulu on Whiskas for about a month and following a visit to the vet, we were sure that it was probably the worst food to give her. The vets of course recommended the likes of Royal Canin or Hills Science Plan (plenty of information on the web about how bad but overpriced these are, including the fact they pass a lot of money to the vets to place their products there) but after performing extensive research, we opted for Natures Menu.

We had planned to slowly move her over to the food by mixing over a period of two weeks but stupidly we put a tiny but in her bowl - she took one sniff and finished it off! Now she won't even touch Whiskas and we are so glad we made the move. Natures Menu is over double the price of Whiskas but the quality of the product is clear to see. Lulu has much more energy and her coat is thick and glowing. I would definitely recommend it but do try and mix the food, as her deposits were slightly runny but have since become normal - I do put this down purely to not mixing.
on 23 April 2014
I bought a box of this food several months ago. The cats all liked it. I bought another box recently and they mostly sniff it and walk away in disgust. I've also given packets to other people with cats and they say the same. Whatever has been changed in between should be undone as it is decent quality food that has been ruined somehow.

They'll eat all sorts of different cat food but for some reason the nature's menu they just won't touch any more.
on 27 July 2014
Great quality, full of goodness and no rubbish. My two ragdoll kittens love the pouches. No tummy problems and they are always waiting for the next meal. I don't give them any dried food. The moisture content in the pouches pretty much satisfies their need for water even though fresh water is always available. The kittens are gaining weight nicely and are full of energy.
on 26 September 2013
We just received our package with this food. It has a much better composition than most foods out there and mainly consists of exactly what cats need: raw meat. One of our cats is a very picky eater, but he immediately took to this food and wolved down a complete pouch despite just having eaten some of his hard food. Our other cat (not so picky) didn't go as nuts about it, but he likes the food just fine.

We feed this as a treat rather than their main food, because it's a) too expensive to feed 3 pouches per cat per day (that's 6 a day so our pack of 48 would last us exactly 8 days... can't afford that), and b) one of our cats has some kidney issues and his hence on a special diet. This treat is great for him though, as it contains nothing that could make his condition worse.

Definitely recommending this to any cat owner who wants to give their cats an (expensive but very healthy) treat every now and then.
on 21 October 2014
This is a good quality food which has very few carbs and a high meat content. The food is steamed once and then packed. It's a smooth, but firm consistency (though not as soft as pate). My 15-year-old cat will only eat this if it's mixed with a third of his 'junk' food and then mashed up with a few tablespoons of water to get a consistency more like the foods in gravy. I don't mind though, as he's getting 2/3 top quality food with each meal, and at least he's eating it. His immune system is weakened from having monthly steroid shots for his asthma, so I wanted something nutritious to supplement his other foods. Touch wood, he seems to be enjoying it so far and hopefully I'll be able to reduce the junk food little by little. Although it's more expensive than other foods, by the time you've added water to break it down, you get just as much, plus there are no fillers so nothing goes to waste.
on 2 November 2013
This is on subscribe and save,and is much cheaper than any where else, believe me I have done my home work, and spider loves it as it is 60 to 70% meat, only just subscribed to it as was getting it from Jollies and now save myself over £5.Better than all the other commercial cat food which are filled with rubbish including sweetners and only 4% meat.
on 26 July 2014
I was looking for a higher quality cat food and this kept coming up time and time again, so I bought a box to try. My cat loves it. I wasn't so sure at first as it is a bit of a gloopy consistency. I'm still ordering it. I have a kitten now as well and the kitten prefers the kitten version of this to anything. My rescue cat transformed after starting on this, his coat is so glossy and shiny and in great condition. When we first rescued him he was oily and dull looking.
on 6 May 2014
I have been feeding Natures Menu for a while, and we usually got chicken (the green packs) only, because our kitties like it so much. As an experiment, I now tried the multi pack, and I am massively impressed. Our cats love every single one of the flavours and they love the variety they now get to eat. Raw food is the best thing you can feed your cats, so it's a win-win situation: the cats love it and I can be sure I am feeding them healthy things.

Unfortunately, it's a bit pricey, so they only get one pack a day per cat for dinner, and we feed them hard food the rest of the day. One of our cats has kidney issues and his health has improved significantly since we started feeding them Natures Menu. We mix it with water for extra hydration (for the kidneys), and they absolutely love it. Highly recommended.
on 27 November 2013
I have tried my kitten on a couple of wet foods
as although she had a high quality compete dry food she does prefer wet.

Unfortunately Applaws have her very loose stools but she loves natures menu and it seems to like her!

Great quality at a good price with fast delivery. I will definitely be buying again.
on 20 May 2013
Natures menu is great, so my cats say! I will continue to buy it as I want my cats to be happy :) Also the subscribe and save is just superb. Thanks