5.0 out of 5 stars A good read
Published 15 months ago by Alan

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
It isn't often that I do not finish a novel, but I doubt that I will ever finish Blood In The Valencian Soil.

I am bored with it!

I have read half of it but can take no more!

Published 18 months ago by andy

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 20 May 2013
Blood in the Valencian Soil is not my normal read. I like crime thrillers and adventure books, and avoid anything set in wartime or history like the plague. `Blood' is two stories running parallel, one set in the Spanish Civil War and one set in modern time. Both are stories of love and regret and as you get towards the end of the book the stories become more entwined. As a book out of my comfort zone, I have to say I really enjoyed it, particularly the modern bits, but overall I would recommend this book to people. My only complaint would be that I found the character names a bit confusing, although I read it over quite a long period of time this could be why.

5.0 out of 5 stars History mystery and love in a wonderful setting., 12 May 2014
This review is from: Blood in the Valencian Soil: Love and hate hidden in the legacy of the Spanish Civil War (Secrets of Spain 1) (Kindle Edition)
The second part of a really good series of mystery,love and history in Spain. Modern Spain is the setting for the love story with Fifties Franco Spain the setting for the mystery. The author has given myself in these 2 novels a really good experience and for all other readers a suspect the same. Thoroughly enjoyable characters and settings of Valencia and Madrid add to the overall experience of a very fine piece of work. I look forward to further works from this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars A thoroughlygood read, 19 April 2014
E. Howe (Cambridge) - See all my reviews
I really enjoyed this book which is set in both modern day Spain and in the period of the Spanish civil war. I couldn't put it down and I'm pleased that I can now carry on and read the sequel, I'll be starting that today I think.
One rather irritating thing was the number of errors in the text, better proof reading is required but don't let this put you off the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 24 Feb 2014
I found this book completely absorbing never wanting to put it down. Anyone who has an interest in modern Spain and Spain during the civil war will enjoy this book. The blending of old and new and the merging of families made this a most enjoyable read. I am about to start reading book 2.
I can't begin to imagine how much tragedy is still in the lives of modern Spanish people, particularly those that are still afraid to talk of the past.
Luna and Caye's love story though is timeless and still worth reading even if your interest in the Guerra civil is limited.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, 15 Jun 2013
This book was well written. It was interesting,informative and an enjoyable book to read. Looking forward to the next book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 17 Feb 2013

I am bored with it!

I have read half of it but can take no more!

It reads very poorly at times with mistakes in the text (that interrupt the flow of the story) every few pages: Some examples. "If you love someone, you don't need time to figure it what you want." "Why is okay to treat me..." "You didn't to need to but them..." "...and no one would to stop him drinking himself to sleep"...

I am bored with the main characters as the same scenario is played out time and again, reading about two people besotted with each other page after page gets somewhat tiresome after the twenty-seventh time you have read it - as if the author is stretching out what might have passed as an interesting short story.

So only a review on half a novel but I am bored and disappointed in wasting my time reading the half that I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 Aug 2014