5.0 out of 5 stars A surprising treat.
I bought this for my daughter as it was on her school reading list. I picked it up, just to flick through out of curiosity and couldn't put it down. A fabulously cleverly written book - I loved every word.
Published 17 months ago by Salbunch

2.0 out of 5 stars Alright at the beginning, but drags on a bit
I saw the play in its original staging at The Royal Court and have read it through several times since.

Published 16 months ago by HermioneDaae

5.0 out of 5 stars A surprising treat., 15 Feb 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Alright at the beginning, but drags on a bit, 25 Mar 2013

What gets me each time, and definitely grabbed me in the production, was how very repetitive the formula of the play is. Granted, yes, it is very clever. However, it more resembles a sketch show of "moments" rather than an actual play. My general feeling was that a group of actors got together and simply improvised a set of scenes around the themes of "love" and "information" and what they mean in our modern world.

Don't get me wrong, I recommend it to be read. Some of the scenes are very witty, some are very dark, and all leave a lot to the imagination. My low rating is based on the underdeveloped nature of the theme, at a loss to either a channel for deeper understanding or emotion, or a story arch, either of these things I believe are needed for a play to be considered any good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love and information, 5 Feb 2013
LOVE and Information by Caryl,Churchill
I saw the premiere production of this play and I value highly the unique script!

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting concept, 4 May 2014
Ilona Bell (York, England) - See all my reviews
I have recently just been back stage crew for a university performance of Love and Information. The play is hard to understand as a text with short snippets of conversation seemingly starting from no where and over 100 unnamed characters. It also takes a lot of work to get it into a play with a huge amount of characterisation involved but once it's completed it looks great! You can tell the meaning of the play from the performance especially but it still makes for an interesting and thought provoking read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Reading and Seeing, 23 April 2014
I saw this play in NYC and it was the first time in my life I've felt compelled to buy the script of a play. It's absolutely brilliant. If you are interested in flash fiction, poetry, drama, how people express information or receive it, the limits and incredible possibilities of spoken language, the way language conveys emotion, or basically human relationships and experience, this is a great read. If you get a chance to see the play on the stage, by all means go.

1.0 out of 5 stars Laziest thing I have ever read, 20 Oct 2013
This review is from: Love and Information (NHB Modern Plays) (Kindle Edition)
This is the most ridiculous 'script' I have EVER had the misfortune to read. There is nothing substantial or important being discussed here; just random conversations all of which are related in some way to either love or information or both. Carol Churchill is a lazy writer at the best of times but this script sounds like she just sat on a train for a few days and wrote down what people say. Maybe that's her point, maybe people only ever talk about either love or information or both. One thing we can know for certain is that I will never get the money I paid for this terrible piece of tripe back. Churchill is without a doubt the laziest, most pretentious writer of our time. If you're considering staging this 'play', you really should reassess your values and consider whether it is a moral thing to have people pay money to watch this horrific snooze-fest.If I could have given it 0 stars, I would have done.

Love and Information (NHB Modern Plays)
5.99