Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£7.19

on 8 March 2013
Great play! I bought this while I was searching for monolgues for my Grandson who was being auditioned. He didn't use this - but we all enjoyed the play. if it comes on round here we will rush to see it.
on 11 August 2013
Thank you for getting in touch with me regarding this item
Unfortunately, until you wrote I was unable to return my feedback - as for some reason the 'feedback' title did not appear on my screen. Suffice to say, the play arrived in very good time, and in the condition required.
Excellent. Thanks.

Peter Dillon
on 17 January 2014
I have just ordered the book from Amazon and will not be able to comment until I have read it. Please ignore the rating, as I had to put something so the message can go through.

But the good news is that it is coming to Broadway and Hugh Jackman has just confirmed that he is leading the acting team!
on 3 January 2013
I'm afraid to say that I hadn't read anything by Jez Butterworth until I heard about 'Jerusalem' which I loved both in writing and later on the stage. This is his next play and again I've been forced to read it rather than see it. But having done so, I'm once again glad that I have since it's once again beautifully written and enormously evocative of time spent by the side of a river in this case seeking out the rise of the sea trout. The interactions between the characters provide movement and very much maintain your interest. But for me, this is a poem to the countryside just as much as Ted Hughes' poem 'Night Arrival of Sea Trout' from which he quotes. It doesn't have the pizzaz and explosive energy of Jerusalem but that reflects the subject matter of the river and its wildlife. For me, there were echoes of TS Eliot, of Citizen Kane and I have to admit too due to the subject matter, the wonderful 'Salmon Fishing in the Yemen'.
on 8 May 2016
Brought this for studying. Great book!
on 21 September 2015