4.0 out of 5 stars Big screen thrills on a budget!, 2 May 2013
J. Wilson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Epson EH-TW5910 Full HD 1080p 3LCD 3D Projector (Electronics)
Well after some do we don't we discussions about whether to get a projector or not, we finally bought the Epson EH-TW5910, and man am I glad we did.
We have ours set on an 8 foot screen in our living room, and the impact is amazing.
Colours and detail are top notch straight out the box, and the 3d side of things too are handled with aplomb.
I've read about some people saying the 3d side of the projector isn't as good as a 3d TV, but that really wasn't the case for me, I thought it was better, and I have a Panasonic VT50 which is up there with the best for 3d and I'd say hand on heart the 5910 is better, and at a third of the price of the VT50.
I'm really impressed with the 5910 as you might have guessed but it does have a few negatives, and they're more gripes than hates.
The 5910 needs space to perform, if you think your going to get a 10 foot picture parking it 6 foot away, your dreaming.
It's not a short throw lens, so your going to need some distance between projector and screen to get the best out of it.
And also the black levels are more deep dark grey than true black, it's more than forgivable though as deep black projectors cost several times more.
All in all for under £850 from Amazon it's a steal for what you get,and I'd be more than happy to recommend the 5910 to anyone who's on a home cinema budget for cinema like thrills.
Top stuff!!

5.0 out of 5 stars a top projector, 10 Mar. 2013
i was looking for a projector that would give me from 3 meters away a 120inch screen image just like my pj-tx200 does but with 3d this is it, a very good one with full hd 10.80p and you can put it on a shelf instead of ceiling mounting it. i put mine, 3 feet from the foor on a sheif at the back of my room and its work,s well very happy with it, very good buy and not to big.

4.0 out of 5 stars i like it i like it a lot !, 3 Oct. 2013
I decided to convert an unused bedroom into a room dedicated to watching movies, my first choice was a large screen TV but i already own a 60 inch plasma so for this room it at to be bigger but then we come to price and what a price over 3 grand for a 65 inch LED screen.I started looking at projectors and spent a few weeks deciding what to get DLP or LCD with nowhere local to demo machines I decided on LCD with no chance of the rainbow effect (because sods law says me or the wife will have rainbows coming out of every pore) so i purchased the Epson TW5910 .The room is small about 11 foot square there is a 92 inch Allcam widescreen motorised screen the projector is fitted to the wall using a Peerless mount. After spending almost 4 weeks decorating the room black and grey colours speakers fitted new floor HDMI and surround speaker wires hidden it was time to watch a movie i use a OPPO blu ray player which is a very good machine ,the first film was GI Joe retaliation more for the sound than anything else but the picture was great and i`m very fussy but the again the picture was great.The fan noise from the projector watching standard Blu ray s in ECO mode is very good unfortunately when watching 3D blu rays the fan goes into overdrive and can be heard over the movie sound track ( the bulb becomes brighter to compensate for the dimming effect of the glasses so the fans run faster to aid in the cooling of the hotter bulb )but my room is small with the projector above the seating position fortunately most if not all the 3D movies i own are the action Blockbuster type so the Dolby surround sound masks to some degree the fan noise.Am i happy with the Epson TW5910 Projector in the main yes its well made it looks the business but because of its size it does need to be ceiling or wall mounted it is a lump of a machine,the picture quality is better than i expected, its easy to set up, the menus are straight forward and theres plenty of adjustment to get the picture how you like it the only downside is the fan noise in 3D mode but i can live with that that i hope.
Perhaps in a different size room it would be 5 stars but in my space its got to be 4.
But I still like it
I like it a lot!

UPDATE!
After four months of use I don`t notice the fan noise at all.
A five star machine all the way.
I like it,
I like it even more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishing quality!, 29 Aug. 2014
I love this. It's one of my best ever purchases. I'm a cameraman so I'm used to looking at nice images and this has changed the way we look at movies ext. Great picture quality. We use it with an LG sound system that I bought for £170 and connect via the fibre optic audio out of the Apple TV or blue ray. I'm very happy with the natural look off the picture. We project on the wall painted with high reflective paint. I don't think we need a screen. Highly highly recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Want a 168' inch Screen from 4meters. You need this projector, 22 Jun. 2013
I. Weinstock "Rookie Bookie" (Greater Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
I may also add smaller screen sizes can also be had from this distance! Whilst the house was refurbished I made a 'man purshase' as the wife called it later and bought a large 3+m wide motorised projector screen and fitted it in the ceiling across one wall of our lounge. Wife didn't know assuming the gap was for the air conditioning, until I used the remote to show her what it actually did. She wasn't happy.

I then realised I needed the right projector to fill with this sized screen from 4meters away. I'm so glad I made this purchase as it does with such finesse. In a darkened room (even with Eco on) the colours are brilliant. Couple this with a blue ray DVD or an hd channel and it feels as though you are in the programme!

With a ceiling mount the projector is great for 'sports days or family events' as no one really gets in the way casting a shadow on the screen when the projector is on. The projector is mostly quiet unless you have the sound on mute, when you can hear an audible whir of the fans but no more than other projectors, and it is easy to live with.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, 9 Oct. 2013
First: sorry for my english:)
Now to the subject. I bought this projector to replace my Optoma DLP full hd projector that was working great..... for 2 weeks and then started to make high pitched noise which Optoma refused to fix as for them it was no problem. I have to say DLP technology gives you better picture than 3LCD used in my new Epson projector but at least this one works and still gives you fantastic picture. Money very well spend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed, 1 Feb. 2014
Just what I wanted at knock down price. Supposed to be scratches (hence cheap price) but I haven't found any. Picture is great and at 10 foot couldn't be happier. Need to buy separate glasses but found some a £10 - shop around.

5.0 out of 5 stars A bargain "Full-HD" projector, 10 Nov. 2013
I think this Epson projector is about the best value currently available. It gives a bright image, clearly viewable without turning down the lighting. The built-in speakers are an added bous, giving enough sound to fill a sizeable hall. Altogether, a really good package!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it, 15 Aug. 2013
My first projector it's just brilliant.
2 D picture quality 10 out of 10.
3 D 10 out of 10
Outstanding
Delivered within 5 working days.

5.0 out of 5 stars EPSON EH TW 5910 PROJECTOR, 13 May 2013
THI IS A FIRST CLASS PROJECTOR I AM UNABLE TO FIND ANY THING THAT I DISLIKE ABOUT IT. AND WOULD RECCOMEND IT TO ANY ONE WHO IS ABOUT TO PURCHASE A 3D HD PROJECTOR.