5.0 out of 5 stars Enrapturing
I originally downloaded these books because they were free and I am a cheapskate! But I got completely drawn in by this other world!
Aside from the third book being a little less exciting than the others, I must say I thoroughly enjoyed the first three of this series!
As a general fan of fantasy novels, I can honestly say I can't wait to read the rest of the...
Published 18 months ago by Danielle

3.0 out of 5 stars first book was great but lost interest
The first book was good, but I found myself loosing interest half way through the second book. To be honest I haven't finished the second book yet. I like books I cant put down and this just fell short a little.
Published 21 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 329 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Impossible to put down, 10 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Descent Series, Books 1-3: Death's Hand, The Darkest Gate, and Dark Union (Kindle Edition)
The authors way of giving only slight hints to Elises past is exciting, I spent my whole time in Egypt with my partner who constantly kept my kindle on charge while I kept him up to date on what was happening in the story and he doesn't even read, but was wanting to know what was happening, you have now enlisted 2 New fans. Thanks

3.0 out of 5 stars Kill, kill, kill : gets tiresome after a while, 6 Sep 2014
I've so far read the first book in the collection, and to be honest I'm not certain I'm going to read the next two. The story is all rather one-dimensional. Heroine runs into a demon, fights and kills it (getting some injuries herself in the process). Repeat ad nauseum.

There's very little character development, very little time for the heroine to think or strategise, and she doesn't seem to bother. She knows one of the secondary characters must be a traitor, as the bad guys always know where she's gonna be... yet she never spends her time trying to reason out who's behind the evil plot. It's just one fight scene after another, constantly getting distracted at crucial moments.

The endless fighting can make for an exciting book, if that's your cup of tea. But for me, I was getting bored by half way through the story.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, 3 Dec 2014
I love the storyline but it all gets a little unbelievable.yes I k ow it's a story but when I read I love being able to " be there" in this one I'm not. Too much emphasis on violence and not enough on the. Characters who they are how they met and so on.more on the magic would be good and why the heroine is at odds with angels.just my opinion.

3.0 out of 5 stars Swords, demons and paranormal activity...what else!, 20 Oct 2014
I really liked this series so far even better that they were free! It's a shame the other books are not free but it's not the end of the world! (Inside joke when u read the books) I really like the plot of the story but sometimes I felt it dragged on a bit... overall it was a very good read and I couldn't stop reading!!

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable, 19 Sep 2014
Could do with some more information at the start to help everything make sense, there's still an awful lot of unanswered questions along the lines of who, what and how. But if you can make yourself carry on reading whilst not understanding how it all works then it's a quick read that's fast paced and enjoyable

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved reading this book!, 15 July 2014
Can wait to read the next one in the series. Good characters and story. Excellent writer, excellent series. ! !

4.0 out of 5 stars Yet another great Free book Series but having trouble getting into this ..., 13 July 2014
Yet another great Free book Series but having trouble getting into this one - no fault of Amazon just have not read this author before and taking a while to get into

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 11 July 2014
Want more

5.0 out of 5 stars So good,love Elise!!, 7 July 2014
I started reading these books while waiting for a different book to be released.I just couldn't stop reading.what a great find these books were.I will definitely be gettin the next book.

3.0 out of 5 stars spot on, 5 July 2014