on 12 December 2012
I bought this as I had another power point presentation approaching and as usual I was dreading it! The reason for my negativity is because I haven't been renowned for my speeches. The content is there but my delivery is always appalling as I get so tense and nervous. I'm determined to conquer this as its holding me back in an otherwise great Job. I have read through this guide and I'm so pleased I made this purchase. I already have taken on board a lot of the tips and techniques and some of the things I can apply immediately before the presentation. I'm feeling far more confident than normal and I think it's going to be very beneficial and something I can dip in and out of too. I'd recommend to anyone not just shy people like me but anyone wanting to improve their skills as I can see it could apply to many people in many situations. I wish I'd read this a long time ago as I know it is helping me advance in public speaking at last!
on 3 November 2012
The book describes how to make effective use of one's voice and gestures, how to gain and convey confidence in front of a large audience, and which methods to use to convert the listeners to one's own cause. Thoroughly breaks public speaking down and makes you see that it's not about you, but what you have to say.

The author has written this book in beautiful free flow text, beginning with background and story in his life and gradually building into the techniques. This allows the reader to immerse into the core understanding required to get the best out of this book.

I have read many self motivation books, but this book is by far the best I have read about the art of public speaking. Highly recommended.
on 10 December 2012
Like so many other people, I dreaded public speaking. I read somewhere that people fear public speaking more than they fear death. I could have agreed with that only a year ago. But now, I have had some practice and can say that it can be overcome. Anyone can become great at public speaking with practice! I was desperate to find some solution. Because at work, the more I was getting higher on the hierarchical level, the more public speeches I had to do. And these moments were becoming the most stressful than any other obligations I had.

This book is one of the many I have read, but this one I can really recommend as the most comprehensive source of information on how to become great at public speaking. It explains clearly how to prepare a great speech, how to create an interaction with the audience, how to answer any negative feedback or tricky question from the audience, how to move on stage, which gestures to use, eye contact, etc. Nothing is missing, so you can get everything you need to know from this one book.

And after reading it, when you start implementing tips in your next opportunity to speak publicly, the magic will happen. When you deliver your first great speech, you will feel relieved and ready for some more. It happened to me, and now I actually enjoy these moments of having all eyes on me (plus applause at the end).
on 14 June 2015
If you want to become a speaker to whom people like to listen read this book. You will learn a lot. You will also enjoy reading it because it is very readable. It is informative, humorous and helpful. The author writes as well as I would imagine he speaks.
on 30 October 2012
This is a really great book for anyone who wants to perfect his or her abilities in public speaking. The author takes you to new depths of public speaking i have not read before, pinpointing all the key factors, the triangle of the speech and lays out the perfect road map to captivate your audience. Includes speech samples and even rehearsal and humor tips.
on 30 October 2012
What I like about this book is that it takes you through a system of exactly how you can succeed at public speaking. Instead of offering theories on giving speeches, the book provides a how-to guide for anyone wanting to be a more successful speaker. I found the examples very helpful -- the reader has the opportunity to reflect on exactly how you can take your speaking abilities from just-okay to magical. Whether you're a manager or a best man or a teacher like me, this book will give you tips and advice that goes beyond telling you to speak clearly! This is a compelling read and well worth the reasonable price tag. Highly recommended to all.