4.0 out of 5 stars It is small, but is it bigger on the inside?
Published on 21 Feb. 2013 by Tim

3.0 out of 5 stars Expensive bit of plastic
Bit too "plasticky" for the money it costs. Was expecting more solid product and also one that plugged in for that price. Battery operated and no batteries included, very light weight - so overall feel is cheap at quite and expensive price.
Disappointed, but still a fan so good to have a Who clock for my daughter's Christmas.
Published 5 months ago by chris rhodes

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars It is small, but is it bigger on the inside?, 21 Feb. 2013
Tim "SuperTim" (Jersey, Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doctor Who Tardis Projection Alarm Clock (Kitchen & Home)
I was in need of an alarm clock as my smart phone kept getting notifications through the night despite my having amended the settings to have quiet time between 22.00 - 7.00 (I used my phone as an alarm clock). The Tardis took almost a week to arrive which is totally acceptable and it was well packaged. I eagerly unpacked it and inserted the 4 AAA batteries that I had already purchased a few days earlier. It was pretty easy to set the time, date and alarm. I placed the Tardis on my bed side table and set the alarm for my early morning wakening (5.10). When it rang out on the correct time I hit the lantern on top of the roof of the Tardis and the alarm stopped. Or so I thought. 5 minutes later it started to make the famous Tardis noises again. Now my wife was trying to sleep and wasn't impressed with this disturbance. I was trying to figure out how to make the snooze function stop and after it ringing out another 4 times I managed to figure out that I had to hold the lantern on the roof down for a longer period of time to stop the snooze function. Doing so also gave off a loud 'beep' sound. Not ideal for shutting off an alarm. If it had a proper 'off' switch and perhaps a volume control I would be very pleased with this. It might take me a few days to get used to it but it should be a good little alarm clock once I'm used to it.
I also want to mention the projection function. I have had projection alarm clocks before and been utterly disappointed with them as they project a very blurry image. This one however is really clear and I can see the projection on our very high ceiling (it is about 4.5 metres high) without my glasses. Now the blurry image I mentioned earlier was seen with my glasses on, so that speaks volumes for the Tardis' projection. Really happy with this.
To sum things up: Projection is really good. Shutting off the alarm is a bit of a pain but it can be lived with. Not sure how long the 6 volts of battery will last or if there will be any warning when they are about to die.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am in love!, 11 May 2013
This review is from: Doctor Who Tardis Projection Alarm Clock (Kitchen & Home)
I love my new alarm clock so much and i finally get up in the mornings! Great for any Doctor Who nerd and worth the price. It has easy to use settings and sounds just like the T.A.R.D.I.S when the alarm goes off! It arived swiftly and i could find no faults! I had expected it to be slightly bigger though so look at the dimensions before you buy so u arent suprised but it doesnt take anything from the brilliance of this product! It's Fantastic! I have a T.A.R.D.I.S projection alarm clock now, T.A.R.D.I.S alarm clocks are cool. Doctor Who Nerd, age 15

4.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves this, 30 May 2014
Taina Pemberton "snow flake" (Finland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doctor Who Tardis Projection Alarm Clock (Kitchen & Home)
My daughter loves to wake up to this sound. It's a little loud but she doesn't mind, because it's the tardis sound, what could be greater? The only snag I have with it is that when you press the top to see the time reflected on the ceiling, it makes the tardis sound. You don't want that when you wake up in the middle of the night and want to know the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 9 July 2014
Tom Douglas (U.K.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Doctor Who Tardis Projection Alarm Clock (Kitchen & Home)
The smile on my daughter's face when she opened this was worth a mint.

It's a TARDIS! What isn't to love?!

Anyway, a bit plasticky, smaller than you expect, but lovely, wonderful, divine. She never tires of playing the tardis noise, and nor to I.

Best birthday present ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a Son who loves Dr Who more than getting up for Uni!, 12 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Doctor Who Tardis Projection Alarm Clock (Kitchen & Home)
Fun clock, great for a Dr Who Fan, good value. I am sure he will love it for Christmas. Wonderful.

3.0 out of 5 stars Expensive bit of plastic, 13 Dec. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great birthday present!, 11 May 2014
This review is from: Doctor Who Tardis Projection Alarm Clock (Kitchen & Home)
Bought it for a friend's birthday present and she loves it! Was dispatched really quickly and arrived in excellent condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every Dr Who Fan Should Have One, 24 April 2014
This review is from: Doctor Who Tardis Projection Alarm Clock (Kitchen & Home)
When you roll over at night and just push the blue light on top of the police box the time flashes up onto the ceiling for several seconds. I have to wear glasses in everyday use, but I can read the time unaided and even for a 57 year old, it made me smile!

4.0 out of 5 stars does what it's supposed to, 19 April 2014
This review is from: Doctor Who Tardis Projection Alarm Clock (Kitchen & Home)
Bought for adult son - seems to work well & he's pleased with it. The alarm noised confused me to start with!

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves it!, 14 April 2014
This review is from: Doctor Who Tardis Projection Alarm Clock (Kitchen & Home)
Product came on time and as expected. My son loves the emitting light and realistic sounds! He even goes to bed with it!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›