5.0 out of 5 stars Nearest to Incandescents
Published 17 months ago by Stuart Wright

1.0 out of 5 stars Bright but unreliable.
These are nice and bright and a good replacement for 5-7w CFL bulbs. However, of the five I bought a week or so ago two of them have failed already - hardly "long life lamps" at all. I'm hoping the remaining ones (and the replacements) will do better.
On the plus side, the seller was very good and sent out a replacement straight away.
(Update: a third one failed...
Published 16 months ago by A. Barnett

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Nearest to Incandescents, 13 Mar 2013
This review is from: 4W LED Candle Light Bulb B22 Bayonet Warm White, Frosted High Power LED Candle (Kitchen & Home)
As a relative newcomer to LED bulbs I find that the differences between the products varies far more than it does with incandescents. Then, 40 watt was 40 watt and everybody knew what that meant in terms of light. These are quite different and it takes some careful study and a few mistakes to get it right. The wattage is variable for a given amount of light, (go for lumens) and the bulbs do not necessarily throw the light in the same way, i.e. more directional. After two expensive disappointments at c10.00 each, these I have found are the closest to "40 watt" incandescents. The amount, diffusion and critically the light value are extremely close. These apparently have the same colour temperature as some GU10s I purchased that are MUCH cooler. Those make my wife and I look like cadavers, but in a kitchen or bathroom that is OK. These candle bulbs are ideal for lounges, bedrooms etc.,etc. Further, whilst they are slightly larger than incandescents, compared to the two other gothic monstrosities I have purchased, they are compact and elegant. I recommend them. This I might add is not something I do frequently.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bright but unreliable., 29 April 2013
A. Barnett - See all my reviews
(Update: a third one failed after about a month of use. I won't be buying any more of these. It's not going to save me any money if they use less electricity but have to be replaced regularly.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great energy savers, 28 Mar 2013
I purchased six of these for ceiling lights in our living room. These were the last bulbs in the house to be converted to low energy alternatives.

They seem to be reasonably priced, given the cost of some of the LED based alternatives. As for the light output, it's OK, not fantastic, hence four stars. There are plenty of bulbs out there that are labeled as warm white but in reality the light they produce is nowhere near the warmth of an incandescent bulb, instead they output a rather pure light that gives a colder appearance to the area they illuminate. I appreciate that these things are subjective, but my experience of energy saving bulbs is that the light colour from them doesn't match an incandescent bulb. For these bulbs the light is a little on the cold side, but it is closer than most bulbs I've come across. I have to make it clear that I'm very picky about such things and they are classified as 3000K colour temperature.

As for the intensity of the light output, they replaced 40W bulbs, and if anything the new bulbs are brighter (slightly).

Overall I'm very pleased with my purchase, and I would recommend these bulbs. They are good value and do a good job

5.0 out of 5 stars Well shine a light!, 2 Mar 2013
These are a great replacement for the traditional 40w and CFL 11w bulbs i've been using in the past.
Bright and a nice warm white colour.

I'm using 3 on a single light fitting.

Being 4W rather than the previous 1W LED bulbs i tried I don't get the flashing problem when they are switched off.

1.0 out of 5 stars 4W LED burned out after 2 weeks, 1 Dec 2013
I purchased 4 LED 4W candle bulbs to assess them. The light was rather weak and more cold than I hoped for but overall not a bad subsitute for 60W frosted candle bulbs. Unfortunately they burned out after only 2 weeks of use. I can't recommend these bulbs though I am hopeful that they will improve in time.

4.0 out of 5 stars LED Candle Bulbs, 24 Jan 2013
P. Farthing (North of England) - See all my reviews
Although still relatively expensive I am slowly replacing my household bulbs with LED Bulbs. These candle bulbs are used in wall lights and provide just sufficient illumination for my needs. Only time will tell if they provide the necessary savings.

5.0 out of 5 stars First LED bulb - and impressed, 13 Jan 2013
ianjt67 (Devon, England) - See all my reviews
Having used more conventional energy saving bulbs, I thought I'd try one LED bulb first, before rolling them out more widely. The bulb arrived well packaged and in good time. Slightly longer and heavier than an old style 40w candle bulb, the LED one nonetheless fitted into the light well. During use it seems slightly brighter than the old style 40w bulbs. However, it is on instantly, with a warm white light that is delivered evenly through the frosted bulb. Sufficiently impressed to purchase more.

5.0 out of 5 stars my wife looks like a cadaver, 9 Sep 2013
Mr. Robert Wilmshurst (UK) - See all my reviews
In response to Mr Wrights review of these bulbs, my wife always looks like a cadaver regardless of what bulbs we use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, 1 May 2013
These lasted less than a week - sent some back, got replacements, another two have since gone - heap of rubbish!

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent product, 30 Jan 2013
Just like a lot of people I am slowly converting our house to LED lighting. This product is quite expensive, but I bought some of these bulbs before christmas and they have worked well, good light and no problems, a sufficent result for me to purchase more of the same.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›