5.0 out of 5 stars Intermix revisited?
Published 20 months ago by Mr. Wayne A. Whitehead

2.0 out of 5 stars P-leeeze!!!
Published 3 months ago by baldman257

5.0 out of 5 stars Intermix revisited?, 12 Dec 2012
This review is from: Airmech (Audio CD)
FLA returns with some new material but its material that fans should not expect as a standard new release. Unlike a new FLA album, "AirMech" marks as something special in FLA's catalogue, as its the very first time the group have officially released a Soundtrack. Yes, "AirMech" is an OST to an online indie RTS game (Carbon Game's AirMech), the cd also comes with some cool exclusive in-game content to satisfy the craziest of FLA/AirMech fans and the artwork in the booklet is bad ass.

As you can expect from this being an OST, all the tracks here are instrumental and the group this time have dropped the guitars, so anyone expecting the successor to I.E.D. is going to feel under-whelmed and disappointed. However, AirMech is a must listen for any follower of Leeb's music and FLA's side projects.

The music in AirMech just oozes old-school Leeb with lots of EBM rythems and industrial/ambient soundscapes. The bass synth is as loud and pulsing as ever - its used for full effect in tracks like Arise and Pulse Charge. The soundtrack sounds allot like a new Intermix or Noise Unit release for me with the ghostly presence of Rhys Fulber and Chris Peterson material. That said, Leeb, Inkel and Slingerland have been opening and experimenting with new sounds: some tracks have some progressive house melodies (has the band been listening to some Sasha?) and theirs even a faint inclusion of dubstep. It may sound a bit intimating but the whole album does work well together - the tracks are well consistent, the sounds are well layered and the production is top FLA quality.

As AirMech stands: it's a modern revamp of that classic Leeb sound. It shows that Bill hasn't forgotten about his EBM roots in FLA and its another ambitious display of how underrated the Leeb is in the electronic genre. This is a must have and listen for fans.

2.0 out of 5 stars P-leeeze!!!, 23 May 2014
This review is from: Airmech (Audio CD)
I've been a die-hard fan of FLA for many years now and as a completest, I bought this album with high hopes, as I do with all their releases. However, I was bitterly disappointed when I played it to find it was a totally instrumental-only soundtrack to a video game. I don't play those games, I think they're a waste-of-life to be honest. When I was a kid (I'm 50 now!) we kids used to play out in the woods from dawn till dusk and have great fun.. not like now, kids are a slave to the computer and 'SOCIAS' networking (?).

What's social about that? Anyway, that's another story-back to this FLA album. The first album I bought by FLA (on vinyl!) was Caustic Grip, wow, what a fantastic album! That got me into their stuff (Nitzer Ebb & Front 242 got me into this genre of music though).

FLA have brought many other superb albums out since 'Caustic' but I'm sorry, this is not one of their great albums. In fact, as a real FLA fan, I would actually say it's a stinker! I listened to it just the once and placed it amongst my collection of FLA albums-it's unlikely that I'll listen to it in the near future, perhaps in 10 years time when I've forgotten how rubbish it is..mind you, at my age, in10 years time, if I'm still on this mortal coil, I will probably prefer opera or classical music (God forbid and Heaven help me if I do!).
I've just ordered the more recent FLA album, cos I do still love the band, so I hope I don't lose faith in the band.
Come on Bill, bring us more of the old FLA stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars quality review, 21 Jan 2014
This review is from: Airmech (Audio CD)
good quality and played well with no problems. i had no issues of any kind when i used this product

AirMech