5.0 out of 5 stars I was sceptical at first....
Published 10 months ago by thegherks

3.0 out of 5 stars Goodish product spoilt by dumb design finish
Cuts beard well, although cutter head is rather narrow so it takes more time than others I have used.

Dumb things:

Comes with a little brush ... A little tube with bristles. The brush is round so there is no way to put it down without it rolling away.

You also get a small bottle of oil as you are supposed to oil it every time...
Published 6 months ago by Mr. I. Cunninngham

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Goodish product spoilt by dumb design finish, 11 Feb 2014
Mr. I. Cunninngham "IanC" (Wiltshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic Wet & Dry ER-GB40 Silver Hair and Beard Trimmer (Personal Care)

Dumb things:

You also get a small bottle of oil as you are supposed to oil it every time.

The charger stand is quite big and incredibly nobody thought to include a couple of holes to hold the roll away brush and oil bottle; mine are now held on with an elastic band.

I am used to buying devices with adjustable plugs that include clip in bits to convert from euro or us to uk. This comes with a moulded uk plug with a fixed in cable which would be a boon for many other products. But for this it is particularly dumb as you can't swap the 3 pin to a 2 pin to use a shaving socket; 3 pin sockets are rare in a bathroom (electrical safety rules).

The charger glows all the time when on ... Doesn't tell you the charge state or apparently stop when charged.

I think thought was a bit lacking during the design phase.
Shame as the device is OK.

Still, I only have to use it for 3 years as one other thing you are only told after you buy is that the batteries will only last for up to 3 years and can't be replaced.

3.0 out of 5 stars Gives a lot of control but..., 7 Feb 2014
I decided, after much deliberation, to buy this beard trimmer to replace my slowly dying Remington. My main reason for purchasing it, and the only reason I haven't replaced it with another already, is because of the wonderful control it gives over the length of the trim. My Remington had a huge jump between settings 4 and 5 (about 1,5mm) and it was that middle ground I wanted.

However, there are a number of things that Panasonic really could have done better:

1) There is no battery alert. I don't know when I need to charge the thing.
2) I didn't realise this when I bought it but you have to oil the blades. I'd never encountered this in the 15+ years I've been shaving so it was a big surprise.
3) It does not contour well.
4) Hair gets everywhere. Plus the little cleaning brush that comes with it couldn't dust a butterfly's eyelashes. You'll need something better.
5) I remember one reviewer mentioned that it is slow. 'How can a shaver be slow?' I asked myself. Now I know. It's like shaving with a snail that is on the verge of losing interest in the activity. Seriously slow shave.

If you're looking for a lot of control over your trim length, then it's great. But that's really its best feature.

5.0 out of 5 stars I was sceptical at first...., 10 Oct 2013
I read the great reviews on this and got it at a great price but when it arrived the shaving head looked the same as a very poor cheap one that I already had. Boy was I wrong! This doesn't tug, slip or nip any hair on the face or my head! Even through thick head head it breezed through it like butter where cheaper alternatives would slip and tug and struggle. This just powers through! HIGHLY recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Beard & Hair Trimmer, 23 Jun 2013
First beard trimmer I've bought but have been using a normal hair trimmer for years. This baby does the job of both. The click wheel is great, really fine control down to half millimetres. I had this about a month now, I use it two to three times a week and am still on my first charge. Great to just rinse it out under the tap too. All in all, perfect for me!

4.0 out of 5 stars Look no further, 1 July 2013
I've had a number of trimmers before. Never really did the job and quality often poor despite quite expensive price tags. This one does the job. Very pleased

4.0 out of 5 stars Best trimmer I have bought in years, 1 Jun 2013
Whitefern (Ashdown Forest, East Sussex) - See all my reviews
.. and I have bought a few! Why don't most last more than a few months? This one is easy to use trimmers cleanly as is easy to adjust. Best of all it has a long battery life... yippee .

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful and long lasting charge, 14 May 2014
Cuts through any beard length at ease. Battery life is amazing easily lasts me a 1month+ of shaving every few days. Very good build quality and the adjustments increment in 0.5mm which is really handy. Saves me a lot of time over my old cheap Bayliss beard trimmer

Bought this due to all the other positive reviews and have been very happy with my purchase.

I'd recommend the silver version over the blue one - I got the blue one at first but think the silver one looks a lot more expensive/professional in the flesh.

4.0 out of 5 stars well made, 3 Feb 2014
expensive compared to its market rivals but after ten years of cheaper efforts i'm really glad i've got this.

solid build; a handy stand i hope this will be in full effect for the next decade.

very, very precise grading available to those who just fancy a beard trim i.e. me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Panasonic unit, 25 Aug 2014
I've owned a couple of beard trimmers: Philips and Remington.
They were useless compared to this Panasonic model.
Firstly: the unit is very ergonomic; it's light and fits into the hand easlily.
Secondly: it's very easy to clean. The necessary components are easy to remove and you can run it all under a tap - I just shake the excess water out of the unit and leave to air dry.
Thirdly: it does a good job! I use to to trim my stubble to that 1 day look, trim my eyebrows and sideburns. It works really well.
Lastly: the battery lasts a long time and the unit comes with a sensible charging dock that holds the unit upright securely.
Really happy with this.

4.0 out of 5 stars great trimmer, works well, 21 Aug 2013
Dennyboy (UK West Bromwich) - See all my reviews
reference the 3 star review because it doesn't cut to 19mm it clearly says in the description 1mm to 10mm in 19 increments. it does a really good job, without 20 attachments which was the main attraction.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Panasonic Wet & Dry ER-GB40 Silver Hair and Beard Trimmer
59.99
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available