5.0 out of 5 stars Getting Started with Python
Excellent book, I'm using it to teach my son programming on the Raspberry PI. Its a great intro to python programming on any platform, nut is bent towards the PI's unique features such as programming the GPIO. thoroughly recommended.
Published 19 months ago by Geoff Waldron GSM Primographic

3.0 out of 5 stars for the absolute beginner
This book is for the absolute beginner, I bought it hoping it would give me good insight into using the Raspberry Pi to create some cool hardware/software applications, although it does that to a certain extent the book skims over it with the very light touch.
So you should consider buying this book if you do not know what a Raspberry Pi is and never set one up, have...
Published 18 months ago by Rodney Griffin

5.0 out of 5 stars raspberry pi, 5 Jun 2014
my 14 year old son thinks its great. the computer science gcse uses python so its a useful choice. i dont understand a word myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very clear and comprehensive, 6 May 2014
Gerard Deegan (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
I am already familiar with Python basics. this book did show some extensions I hadn't come across before such as hooking up to internet resources. Hard to say if this would be OK for absolute beginners as I wasn't one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really straightforward however, some enjoyable challenge., 21 Mar 2014
This review is from: Programming the Raspberry Pi: Getting Started with Python (Kindle Edition)
The book helps you to set up your raspberry pie and quickly progresses through to the initial stages of how to use Python. I found that the programming moved at a significant pace and very quickly the activities became more and more challenging. I particularly enjoyed the way the small tasks unfolded along with my understanding. I have been very reliant on the internet to help set up my raspberry pi however, with so much out there it can get quite overwhelming. This book is great for someone new to it like myself and I will certainly be using it with my pupils.

Design and Technology Teacher - Surrey

4.0 out of 5 stars A great book... But be prepared for additional reading., 25 Feb 2014
Mr Paul Craymer (Winchester, Hampshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is a great book but I found several areas in the book where the code needed troubleshooting (albeit very basic) I did wonder, as another reviewer has suggested, wether this was intentional by the author to encourage you to develop the fault finding mentality that is essential in any kind of coding/programming. I certainly found it added to my experience and enjoyment of the whole process.

All in all a great book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just as titled, 2 Jan 2014
Gets you started good easy to under stand supplied to my kindle had to print out some pages to use programs

5.0 out of 5 stars Companion to the Haynes book., 5 Nov 2013
Likewise, if I'd taken it as holiday reading, I'd need more than python to script my way back intor favor!.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!!, 3 April 2013
I have read to about half way and already it has improved my knowledge of programming no end!! This book is the one thing you HAVE to get when starting with python and the raspberry pi!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Raspberry Pi Programming, 18 Mar 2013
Mr. D. Cox - See all my reviews
Been a while for programming, so this proved good to get the mind in tune! Should be a very good introduction to all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent getting started book, 10 Mar 2013
Well done Simon, just what I needed to get going with Python and Linux. Contains good explanations of basic facts and then elaborates to make it interesting, well worth the money

5.0 out of 5 stars Programming the rasp pi book, 1 Mar 2013
A great little book with some great ideas of how to make more use of the Pi. Would recommend to friends who also use the Pi